Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heard on ESPNNews.


Kilmer17

Recommended Posts

Watching the highlights, the announcers started laughing that Spurrier threw a fleeflicker in preseason (Ignoring of course the other teams that have tried trick plays). One of the douchebags said (para) "The team elimitated the errors and breakdowns of the first 2 games and looked good" To which his buttlover replied "Yeah but remember what happened last preseason".

EFF THE MEDIA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just wait until November 4 when the NFL channel debuts. No more ESPN for me. I just hate the way the intertwine all the baseball, golf, bowling, leap frog and football highlights. They make wait for what you wish to see. Typical a-hole monopolist mentality. I'll bet close to 100 % of the audience wants all the highlights of a specific sports as opposed to a hodgepog of useless poop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But if we go 2-0 be prepared for all the "well it was w/o Pennington," and "well it was w/o Vick." They can think of an excuse or a negative thing to say no matter what you do. If we win the Super Bowl then it will have been against "the worst AFC team in years" or some crap like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As annoying as it is, what can you say until the Redskins win. If for some reason the Skins get their ass handed to them in the regular season, then these anchors look like they were right all along, but if the Skins start playing well and winning, then all that foolishness will stop.

Bottom line, it pisses me off as much as the next person, but I think as fans, we have to take it until we start winning. Just because we have a bunch of guys that we think are stars doesn't mean a thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I understand, Ramsey called that play at the line of scrimmage.

There's definitely something funny about a QB with 6 starts torching the great Baltimore defnse with an audible... but I

guess these mooks missed the joke.

Besides, it's not like we NEEDED that score to win. Without it we still win by two TDs.

~Bang

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love how people who don't even watch a game will point to one play and decide that we take the preseason too seriously. The flea-flicker was probably a response to the helmet-to-helmet hit on Ramsey, and the rest of the game we were rather vanilla. Spurrier wasn't even calling the offensive plays for much of the first game. Do your homework, people!! :gus:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would bet that EVERY team has tried a trick play in this preseason (Miami did an onside kick the other night). Showing that play in preseason will give other teams a reason to keep their saftey back on running plays. Even if it's a split second advantage, it's worth it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Kilmer17

I would bet that EVERY team has tried a trick play in this preseason (Miami did an onside kick the other night). Showing that play in preseason will give other teams a reason to keep their saftey back on running plays. Even if it's a split second advantage, it's worth it.

Great point, I'd make that same bet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Golgo-13

But if we go 2-0 be prepared for all the "well it was w/o Pennington," and "well it was w/o Vick." They can think of an excuse or a negative thing to say no matter what you do. If we win the Super Bowl then it will have been against "the worst AFC team in years" or some crap like that.

I said this in another thread, we are not responsible for who the other team puts on the field, and if we make it to the Super Bowl, who our opponenet is. Make NO excuses for winning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

aRedskin, you are so right. I couldn't get the game where I am, it was too late to get in the paper. So I sat through and hour and a half of Sports Center without a mention of the game. They went to baseball tonight, I switched to ESPNNews and about 45 minutes later, I got a minute or two of the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by J33Edwards

i miss cnnsi...their hosts didn't annoy me...but alas I don't get that channel anymore

No one does J33Edwards

AOLTimeWarner took CNNSI off the air in May of 2002 to save money after they began to bleed money due to the AOL/TimeWarner merger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think a lot of this has to do with a general media dislike of Dan Snyder more than it has to do with the Redskins play. The fact that he brought in a high profile coach I’m sure also has something to do with it as well.

If we do well, they will still probably chalk it up to some other subjective reason; but in reality it will take Special Forces rescue mission to remove their foots from their mouths. :rolleyes:

Can’t wait ! !

:cheers:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Special Forces"... Hey that would be a good name for our Special Teams unit.

Hopefully Morton, Hall, Barker, and the coverage teams continue to improve. I could see us calling them that come week3 after some time to gel and improve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Phat Hog

I think a lot of this has to do with a general media dislike of Dan Snyder more than it has to do with the Redskins play. The fact that he brought in a high profile coach I’m sure also has something to do with it as well.

If we do well, they will still probably chalk it up to some other subjective reason; but in reality it will take Special Forces rescue mission to remove their foots from their mouths. :rolleyes:

Can’t wait ! !

:cheers:

The Redskins have never, ever been media favorites, even in their SB years. Other teams and players for other teams got more, and more favorable, press. It has been this way for decades, even when Danny was a child watching the skins on TV.

:mad:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...