Extremeskins

CSN: Redskins-Jets: Five Things To Watch

Oldskool

By Ryan O’Halloran

Staff writer

CSNwashington.com

The basics about the Redskins-Jets game:

When: Friday, 7 p.m.

Where: New Meadowlands Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.

Line (for the diehards): Jets by 5.

Last week: The Redskins lost to Baltimore 23-3; The Jets defeated Carolina 9-3.

Last year’s records: Redskins 4-12, Jets 9-7.

TV: Comcast SportsNet (6 p.m. pregame).

FIVE THINGS TO WATCH

1. Rex Grossman with the starters. Seeing Grossman playing with the 1s is probably going to happen at some point this year. Donovan McNabb is out with a left ankle sprain and he’s played 16 games just once in the last six years. It’s important for Grossman to feel comfortable communicating with the first-team offensive line and creating chemistry with his skilled players (and vice versa).

2. Albert Haynesworth at defensive end. By the “Shanahan Haynesworth Drama Scale,” it’s been a quiet week after Big Al’s critical comments last week. Haynesworth went through every practice this week and will play Friday, but primarily at defensive end, not nose tackle. Paraphrasing defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, it’s time to move on and get ready for the season. This is a positive step, especially if Haynesworth gets time with the starters in particular packages.

For the rest of the article, see: http://www.csnwashington.com/08/26/10/Redskins-Jets-Five-Things-To-Watch/landing.html?blockID=298172&feedID=272

I'll be shocked if we can move the ball against their "One's" in the first half... I hate betting on the pre-season, but I'd love to see what the total team points for the skins is projected for in the 1st half...

Archived