Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is our offense going to rely on the big play?

NoCalMike

I had to go sportsbar hopping for the last game so I missed a good portion of the first Quarter. I did see the flea-flicker and was very happy, however in each of the 3 games we have all seen a BIG reception to Coles each time, and then the offense would kind of be stale otherwise. Was our offense able to put together solid drives or was it a big play that would open things up on the same drive?

Don't try to read too much into any of it. yes we are going to be a "big play" offense but we will get better at the long drives as well. Note the 10 play 75 yard drive last night. And before anyone piles on about the third down penalty that kept the drive alive, that's part of the game. Look at any long drive ever made by any team and you will usualy find that they were helped out along the way by at least one penalty on the defense. Thats football boys and girls. Nothing new and nothing to be ashamed of.

But back to your point, if the big play is there, we are going to go for it. The Fleaflicker that was called last night is a perfect example. They had it ready and when Ramsey saw the right defense he called it. Result? TOUCHDOWN!

:cheers:

We ran the ball well in the last 2 games. We moved the chains and got first downs. As long as we rotate Trung, Sultan, and thr Rock we have the fresh legs to run it in the endzone. Sultan runs harder then any back on our team. He is also just as fast as Trung. If we rotate those two other teams will be huffing and puffing and then we bring in the Rock like a battering ram to knock it in.;)

One thing that Ive been concerned about is that they havent been giving the ball alot to Garner this preseason. I know that they havent been running the real FnG and that they have to spread the ball around to alot of WR's to see if they are worthy to be on the roster or not, but Coles HAS been getting alot of attention.

Dont forget about the guy who had 71 frekin catches last year!

Archived