Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Denver Broncos RT Tyler Polumbus released

haider61

Well when you have a Zone Block player trying to fit into a Power Run scheme, it's not always going to be a good fit.

Especially if you're going to be a power running team that doesn't actually run the ball. Good job Head Coach Frat Boy.

Hmm ... A good point.

And, we jump on Stephon Heyer. Have we ever considered that he played as a LG during his college years? :(

Hmm ... A good point.

And, we jump on Stephon Heyer. Have we ever considered that he played as a LG during his college years? :(

Pretty sure that Stephon Heyer played LT for nearly his entire college career, I don't think he's really powerful enough to be a guard.

Yeah, mi6, you're thinking of Chad Rhinehart.

If you snooze, you lose. Hope the front office did not drop the ball on this one.

The Lions are ahead of us in waiver priority.

One of only 3 teams ahead of us! So I guess we got unlucky that one of those 3 wanted him (assuming Shanahan was interested to begin with)

the Redskins had the worst HC in the NFC last year and that is an albatross that is tough to work out from under.

the way I look at this is the Redskins could have traded a late pick to Denver if Shanahan really felt this guy was going to help us and that would have taken him out of Detroit's hands.

the fact we didn't to me says Shanahan doesn't think Polumbus has that much upside despite some of our concerns about Heyer and Robinson.

Thanks for the info.

Daryl Young LB

Edwin Williams G

Darrion Scott DE

Anderson Russell DB

Ramzee Robinson DB

Logan Paulsen TE

Shay Hodge WR

Howard Green DT

James Dearth TE

Carey Davis RB

Tyrone Carter DB

Eric Cook C

Anthony Bryant DT

Any of the above, they probally wont survive the first cut anyway.

Really? Young is probably the #2 FB right now (and Sellers is hurt). Edwin Williams is maybe our best backup OL, at least on the inside. Paulsen is fighting for the #3 TE spot. Dearth has a better than 50/50 at being the long snapper. Cook is a draft pick and practice squad possibility.

Not saying there's no one we can cut, but I've got to take issue with a few of those guys being that expendable.

The Lions are ahead of us in waiver priority

Anyone else really like what the Lions are doing? I was watching a replay of their preseason game vs Denver today on the NFLN. They got a nice little squad working there. I mean still a ton of holes but they're definitely filling them. They are quietly turning that ship around.

I know this is ATN worthy but so is this thread now so whatever.

Anyone else really like what the Lions are doing? I was watching a replay of their preseason game vs Denver today on the NFLN. They got a nice little squad working there. I mean still a ton of holes but they're definitely filling them. They are quietly turning that ship around.

I know this is ATN worthy but so is this thread now so whatever.

Yeah, it takes a while to turnaround the ship wreck that Capt Millen turned them into. But they're definitely headed in the right direction now.

The best part about it of course is that they completely ripped off the Cowboys in the process. Jerruh's still sore from that one (I hear that's what the hush hush surgery was all about this offseason)

Tyler Polumbus-T-Lions Aug. 26 - 1:21 pm et

In addition to the Lions, the Texans and Seahawks also put in a waiver claim for OT Tyler Polumbus.

Seattle and Houston both use the zone-blocking scheme that the Broncos used to use, so this isn't a surprise. The Seahawks probably could have used the depth the most with first-round OT Russel Okung sidelined by a high ankle sprain.

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Archived