Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo! News: The Government's New Right to Track Your Every Move With GPS

War Paint

Two days later, FBI agents arrived at Afifi's Santa Clara apartment and demanded the return of their property — a global positioning system tracking device now at the center of a raging legal debate over privacy rights.

I think I'd be really tempted to call up the local ACLU, and see if one of their lawyers would like to stand up in court and argue that when the government placed that device on my car, and walked away, that they relinquished title, the same as if they'd placed, say, an advertisement under my windshield wiper.

They make you attach license plates, registration stickers, efficient exhaust systems, etc. Why can they do so? Because you don't have a constitutional, unconditional right to drive a car.

With this line of thinking why just not allow the Feds to place a camera in your home?? I mean if it's ok for them to place a tracking device on you vehicle to monitor where you are. You don't have a constitutional unconditional right to own a home either.

With this line of thinking why just not allow the Feds to place a camera in your home?? I mean if it's ok for them to place a tracking device on you vehicle to monitor where you are. You don't have a constitutional unconditional right to own a home either.

Exactly. He doesn't have anything to hide, right??? This all boils down to privacy and legality. One should have the right to expect a reasonable amount of privacy in your own home, in your car, when you're pooping in a public restroom, and your exact whereabouts.

Archived