Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Positive Vibrations

Coolio47

LANDOVER, Md. -- From both the little things and the big moments, the soft opening of Mike Shanahan’s extreme makeover of the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field on Friday night had a whole new vibe.

In its preseason debut the new-look offense drubbed the Buffalo Bills, scoring 42 points -- this from a Redskins team that averaged only 16.6 points a game the past two years. During that span, only five teams in the league have been worse.

Click the link for the entire article.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/16847/redskins-mcnabb-i-just-have-to-be-me

McNabb has got to love it here. There's not nearly as much pressure on him here as there was in Philly. We actually have a running game and will run the ball way more than the Eagles did. He's got Fletcher on defense to lead them and take care of that side of the ball. And he has Shanny leading the team who 2 Super Bowl rings. So not everything will fall on his shoulders this season.

"We haven’t had this kind of leadership from the quarterback position around here for a long time," said special teams coach Danny Smith, who is in his seventh season with the Redskins. "Now, if he can still play, we’ll be in great shape."

:shutup: :shutup:

I'm officially pumped for this season.

Anyone notice the first TD throw? That is what a QB like McNabb gives you.

The man was covered, and covered well. Donovan threw the ball confidently right where only the receiver could catch it.

No way in the coldest depths of hell does our previous QB throw that ball. The man was covered. Instead, he stands there, takes a sack or dumps off, and our Oline gets blamed.

Archived