Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carson Palmer will have a stellar year

ArmchairRedskin

I'm watching their preseason game against the Broncos and I see Champ shutting down CJ. So Palmer has not only been throwing it to TO, but he's also throwing it to his two rookie pass catchers who have not yet dropped a ball between them. Shipley is gettng really good separation over the middle of the field and Gresham just needs the ball thrown somewhere in his 6'5" 260lb vicinity and he'll catch it and run people over.

This, in addition to their running game, will probably allow Carson to have a career year. They should be fun to watch this year, offensively.

Carson Palmer-QB-Bengals Aug. 15 - 11:06 pm et

Carson Palmer completed 12-of-15 passes for 105 yards in the Bengals' second preseason game.

Another less-than-thrilling performance. Palmer's numbers don't look bad, but his passes flutter due to lost arm strength. He could've had a couple of picks if the Broncos' defensive backs got better jumps on his passes. Palmer's receiver corps is impressive, but he's simply not talented enough any longer to be more than a mid-range QB2 in a running-based offense.

Two or three years ago, I would have laughed if someone told me that in 2010, Carson Palmer would merely be looked at as "simply not talented enough".

I know that's just a fantasy football implications write-up, but he hasn't looked great in a while...

Anyone else watching the Bengals/Broncos game? That was a nice throw by Tebow that probably would have went for a TD if his receiver didn't straight drop it. But man, his delivery still looks HORRIBLE to me. LONG and SLOOOOOW.

And lol at the Cincy fans booing him.

The guy has zero pocket awareness though. I think it was you that mentioned this in another thread. Its one thing to get hit from the blind side. But some of the hard hits he suffers are from guys going directly at him. How does he NOT see these guys coming?! And yeah, he's a tough SOB. But that will also probably be his undoing. You can't just drop it and take off running in the NFL. He's gonna take alot worse shots than that TD run.

Archived