Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

The game and possession opened up DRAMATICALLY for Liverpool after they went 2 forward.

I think I said we needed that as far back as the City game?

Balo had some grade A+ chances today and cashed in this many ____.

Lambert has a decent hit on the ball but his first touch always lets him down.

Two strikers are a MUST in January.

The game and possession opened up DRAMATICALLY for Liverpool after they went 2 forward.

I think I said we needed that as far back as the City game?

Balo had some grade A+ chances today and cashed in this many ____.

Lambert has a decent hit on the ball but his first touch always lets him down.

Two strikers are a MUST in January.

Two strikers are a must EVERY game. THEN you'll see the best out of Mario. Give him a partner and once he get's that first goal, confidence will flow.

Drab game but a MUCH improved last half hour when we FINALLY got 2 forwards with Coutinho creating. Pace. Movement,. Creativity. Chances. Got the crowd buzzing. Brendan, please, LEARN from this, swallow your pride and play TWO up front going forward with Coutinho in the hole where he should be. A classy # 10. Looked 2 penalty's first half on Sterling and Lallana but it was up the other end so I can't say for certain. Lovren header off the line. Other chances. FAR from last season still but we deserved the win.

A lot of positives. to take the last half hour. Even if it was another disappointing result with no goals. And a first clean sheet in 18.

Baby steps.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Two strikers are a must EVERY game. THEN you'll see the best out of Mario. Give him a partner and once he get's that first goal, confidence will flow.

Drab game but a MUCH improved last half hour when we FINALLY got 2 forwards with Coutinho creating. Pace. Movement,. Creativity. Chances. Got the crowd buzzing. Breandan, please, LEARN from this, swallow your pride and play TO up front going forward with Coutinho in the hole where he should be. A classy # 10. Looked 2 penalty's first half on Sterling and Lallana but it was up the other end so I can't say for certain. Lovren header off the line. Other chances. FAR from last season still but we deserved the win.

A lot of positives. to take the last half hour. Even if it was another disappointing result with no goals. And a first clean sheet in 18.

Baby steps.

Hail.

Saw he got last years midfield out there quickly didn't he?

Went right back to the diamond... Gerrard, Sterling, Hendo, Coutinho.  Those breaks will be vicious when Daniel is ready.

But we need two strikers in Jan regardless.  Cause right now we have two healthy in the whole side.  That's a lot of miles with all of the cup games etc. 

Saw he got last years midfield out there quickly didn't he?

Went right back to the diamond... Gerrard, Sterling, Hendo, Coutinho.  Those breaks will be vicious when Daniel is ready.

But we need two strikers in Jan regardless.  Cause right now we have two healthy in the whole side.  That's a lot of miles with all of the cup games etc. 

Right, I'm with you. So who?

Kid at West Brom has really impressed me but I doubt they're in a rush to sell.

Not many will be available January of quality and age.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Right, I'm with you. So who?

Kid at West Brom has really impressed me but I doubt they're in a rush to sell.

Not many will be available January of quality and age.

Hail.

If Bony is still an option you get him. :lol:   I know you scoff at that, but it needs to be done.

If Higuain is a legit possibility I would never say no to that.  But $50 mil or thereabouts from Boston shouldn't be that big a favor to ask ole' John now should it?

Chances are there'd be no chance of Higuain, or any other player involved in the Champions league come to that. Plus he'd be cup tied from Europe.

Bony would come to cost and how you ultimately view him and Mario.

I wholeheartedly agree we need more in. I just don't see who shy of a stupid OTT panic buy.

Priority numero uno for me January is a 'keeper. ANY goalie not called Simone Mingolet!

Hail.

Haha, yes. The manager was surprisingly giggly.

Priority numero uno for me January is a 'keeper. ANY goalie not called Simone Mingolet!

Hail.

I think that's a done deal.  Too much chatter about Valdez the last several months for there not to be a shred of truth to it.

But if we play like we did the last 30 today, we'll be fine with this newly purchased back four.  They'll be able to do what they do cause we'll have possession of the football.  Putting a few in the goal is what worries me.  I know that Daniel eliviates a lot of that and I hope Mario does eventually too.  But that style of football makes the whole side that much better.

I'm also not beneath sniffing around Toronto for Jermaine Dafoe... yes I'm serious.

I wanted Defoe for years.

If he'd be happy as a back-up I'd snap him up now.

Valdes is training at Utd as part of his rehab which is a weird scenario when everything points to him coming here. I just hope and pray he does. And I don't rate him particularly. But I'd take Albert Haynesworth in nets over Mingolet.

At least fat Albert would fill the goal.

Hail.

• Like 1

I wanted Defoe for years.

Doesn't sound sound like he's happy there.  They are questioning his heart and "commitment" to Toronto FC.

He's also contemplating "surgery" this offseason.

Sounds ripe for the picking for me.

He's nothing more than a back-up these days anyway.  Perfect guy off the bench for me.  They wanted to build a program around he and Bradley.

A striker on older legs and a CAM/CM who can't pass?  No wonder DC United beat them out.

Hail.

Ochoa is a sub with Malaga, despite some inconsistency he has talent.

Don't know if a trade can be made but here is the Gem: Areola playing for Bastia on a loan from PSG.

Edited by FrFan

Ochoa is a sub with Malaga, despite some inconsistency he has talent.

Don't know if a trade can be made but here is the Gem: Areola playing for Bastia (the previous club of Ochoa) on a loan from PSG.

I wanted Ochoa badly after the WC.  He was linked to us and Arsenal, but he ended up going to neither.  Not sure what the deal was?

I wanted Ochoa badly after the WC.  He was linked to us and Arsenal, but he ended up going to neither.  Not sure what the deal was?

Correction he didn't play for Bastia but for the local rival Ajaccio. He was free to sign anywhere, and then was benched by Malaga because of poor outings during the preseason friendlies.

Don't like Chelsea at all and they'll prob lose today now after I say this but I honestly think this is the best team in Premiership history. 

I don't see how you can fault them in any way. So much strength in depth also. They'll win the league by over 10 points this year. Sure of it. 

I'm not 'faulting them.'

Mourinho's done what he's done right through his career. Assembled a well organised, solid side with a strong 'keeper and defense, protected by deep midfielders who hit quickly in the break and take their chances. I just don't see this alleged 'expansive, expressive' new style.

And Arsenal's invincibles and some of Utd's side would take issue with bestowing the best in PL history on them.

Hail.

• Like 1

I'm not 'faulting them.'

Mourinho's done what he's done right through his career. Assembled a well organised, solid side with a strong 'keeper and defense, protected by deep midfielders who hit quickly in the break and take their chances. I just don't see this alleged 'expansive, expressive' new style.

And Arsenal's invincibles and some of Utd's side would take issue with bestowing the best in PL history on them.

Hail.

Its all opinions really and I can't really make such a claim 9 games into the season but I think by the end of it the Chelsea team of 2014/15 will be spoken in the same breathe as the invincibles. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them go unbeaten this year. They're that good. 

Anyways dropped points from Chelsea and Man City.

We ain't dead Yet boys. Let's battle for 2nd! Lol

*1st. Think big!

Presuming L'pool beat Newcastle and Chelsea beat QPR next Saturday, if we then beat Chelsea at Anfield the following Saturday, the lead comes down to 2 games.

How utterly crazy is that being we've been terrible most all year long?

Hail.