Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Questions for my fellow L'pool fans:

Should Mario start, being as that's all the mediots here want to discuss?

And what's our best XI?

For me, no question you keep him in. There's nobody else BUT you give him support. Lambert would work harder but have the same result. Borini's just garbage and Carraghers talking crap wanting Sterling as a false 9. That's not to say he doesn't need to buck his ideas up and fast. Just he's the best option for me we have outside of Danny obviously.

As for our best XI ..... Honestly not sure BR knows so heck if I do. Stevie could do with being rested but he's still head and shoulders over any other midfielder. There's the forward problem. Hesitant to start on the serenade as I believe a lot of that lies with Mingolet. I honestly don't know. Shrugs.

If pushed, and I all fit, maybe:

G/K Jones - I know, he's a back-up and crap. But he's a back-up no worse than the dick currently in nets and a change is LONG overdue. Enough is ENOUGH!

RB Manquillo

LB Moreno

CH Pick any 2 from Lovren, Sakho am Skrtel. All as bad as each other.

RW Sterlimg

LM Coutinho

CM Lallana (or Coutinho and Lallana switched)

CM Gerrard

CF Sturridge

CF Ballotelli.

And I'm not wholly happy with that.

Right here, right now I'd go

Jones/ Manquillo, Moreno, Lovren, Skrtel/ Gerrard/ Sterling,, Henderson, Lallana/ Coutinho/ Mario.

Honestly don't know what our best XI now is.

Hail.

Beat Lille at home a week Next Thursday you're as good as through.

That should be a good week for you. Everton qualify. L'pool get battered in Madrid. Then have to play Chelsea the weekend.

Hail.

Yeah thats a pretty big game. If we get that win vs Lille at home could be an awesome week, especially since our weekend game is against Sunderland. Potential to be an exhilarating week. But Everton will probably crush my heart. :-D

Of course Arsenal could always send Sanchez wife to see him to tell him how great London is for shopping and eating and **** ......

Hail.

London must really be doing something for the lad. He alone has nearly Outscored your entire squad.

But damn it all, you guys win cuz you still have Balo's gf. She should just send you guys nudes every time Balo sulks on th pitch cuz he wished AW gave him the time of day...

He's a weathercok, he first turned down Lyon, then decided to resign, Aulas did turned down Liverpool, Newcastle, and Arsenal offers :D. The guy is smart he knows next year Lacazette's value is going to climb up. It is believed that he's more motivated because he wants to be a part of team France for the next Euro.

That is smart business.  But we definitely won't be relying on that kind of pole tugging in January if we are smart.  That's how we lost out on Salah last year and ended up with no one during the January window.

But the early bid is also a gamble.  I like that it's a bit over the top for Higuian.  But we'll see.  Chelsea have the money if they want to play keep away.  I don't think City have the room for another international as they already have 17 (I'd have to check).  But we'll see.  We need something dramatic to happen and Boston had better have the check book ready. 

This **** should've been handled in August.

But damn it all, you guys win cuz you still have Balo's gf. She should just send you guys nudes every time Balo sulks on th pitch cuz he wished AW gave him the time of day...

Who's to say she hasn't?

See... if you had your Liverpool De-coder Ring you'd know what I was talking about ;)

Morale is high.

• Like 2

Questions for my fellow L'pool fans:

G/K Jones - I know, he's a back-up and crap. But he's a back-up no worse than the dick currently in nets and a change is LONG overdue. Enough is ENOUGH!

RB Manquillo

LB Moreno

CH Pick any 2 from Lovren, Sakho am Skrtel. All as bad as each other.

RW Sterlimg

LM Coutinho

CM Lallana (or Coutinho and Lallana switched)

CM Gerrard

CF Sturridge

CF Ballotelli.

GK - Jones

LB - Moreno

CB - Sakho

CB - Lovren

RB - Flanno

CDM - Stevie

RM - Sterling

LM - Hendo/Lallana

CAM - Coutinho

LS - Sturridge

RS - Balo

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

If you aren't generating offense... switch out Markovic for Stevie and move Hendo back to play the top of the diamond but make it a "CM" instead of a "CDM" cause that roll would hault his creativity.

Also be prepared to bring on Lambert for Balo if he isn't making runs.

Bring Can on for Lallana if we get a decent lead so that we can hold the ball at midfield in possession... something we've not done at all under BR.

Edited by DC9

I don't think it was on this forum but I posted somewhere that Sczcesny is a better keeper than Mignolet at this point in their careers and got torn to shreds for even suggesting such a thing.

I bought Scz in FIFA 2011 for like 500k for when my Lincoln City side was in the Championship.  We won 7 straight trebles...

And here comes my loving brothers "Lincoln City :rolleyes: " rant... :lol:

Mignolet has a high ceiling.  I think if he took some anti-hyper drugs before each game he'd be one of the best in the world.  But he's very frantic and that hasn't changed, even when given several different defensive pairings that WERE very good elsewhere.

How much of that has to do with BR's system and how much of that is Mignolet?  I'd say 40-60 Mignolet.

From my humble perch, I disagree with Neville on Mignolet being too low. He's crouching down so he can explode out of it SO he can reach and jump for a top corner shot. Imagine if you are asked to do a vertical jump test, would you perform a slight need bend or a deep knee bend. It's goalkeeping 101, really, you assume the ready position as a shot is about to be taken and that involves "loading" your stance to be able to explode out of it.

I do agree with him that SM's positioning could have been slightly better. Just a little half-hop to his left, to prep, and he makes the save. 

Secondly, I don't even buy that this is really GN's view. This is a typical tactic with on-air sports "journalism" now—to take a really out there viewpoint to incite viewers to tweet about it or post online about it. Holtz and Mark May do it "superbly" on College Gameday. 

I can see where he's coming from, but I'm not sure.  Would like to hear someone who played the position and what they think (I sucked so I don't count).  I was short for a keeper so I usually tried to do the crouch and explode method.  I think his arms might be too low, but that would be the only thing I was thinking when I saw it.

Last thing Neville is, is controversial.

I've been pleasantly surprised, but he's 100 % honest and fair and just tells it as he sees it. And that includes regularly slamming Utd. He's one of the best analysts out there there's been in years.

Mongolet is the worse long term goalkeeper I've ever seen in our course and that goes ba to my first game in 1981. He's consistent. Consistently bad. You can guarantee at least one major f-up EVERY game. He's attrocious with the ball at his feet. A staple in the modern game. He's abysmaly bad in the air. A prerequisite for a goalie in England. His decision making I'd slam a school kid for. He takes the wrong angles. He doesn't come out when he should. And when he dies he gets nowhere near the ball. Even his supposed 'strength'; shot stopping, isn't too clever. He invariably pushes a ball back into the danger area instead of pushing it wide.

I honestly don't think our defense would look half as bad if they had a competent 'keeper behind them. But he panics them all to the point even Lovren, who was solid last year, now looks shakey and unsure every time he takes to the field. Hell, that's 2 L'pool fans that want Brad frigging Jones in goal and he's utter garbage. But the back-up is no less garbage than the starter.

If Valdes does indeed sign for Utd (and he's not a particularly great 'keeper. But he can't be as bad as Mingilet if he tried), and we don't sign anyone else; then we won't finish top 6. Simple as that.

Worst 'keeper in the league.

I can see where he's coming from, but I'm not sure. Would like to hear someone who played the position and what they think (I sucked so I don't count). I was short for a keeper so I usually tried to do the crouch and explode method. I think his arms might be too low, but that would be the only thing I was thinking when I saw it.

You get coached to stand tall and big.

Easier to get down from there than up from the ground. That's fundamental 'keeping. I was never a 'keeper (attacking right back/ right mid when needed); but I used to love going in nets and was always an emergency back-up on teams I played for and that was always what I was told/ heard the 'keeper being told.

As an ex-pro at the highest level, Neville knows the game.

Hail,

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

GK - Jones

LB - Moreno

CB - Sakho

CB - Lovren

RB - Flanno

CDM - Stevie

RM - Sterling

LM - Hendo/Lallana

CAM - Coutinho

LS - Sturridge

RS - Balo

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

If you aren't generating offense... switch out Markovic for Stevie and move Hendo back to play the top of the diamond but make it a "CM" instead of a "CDM" cause that roll would hault his creativity.

Also be prepared to bring on Lambert for Balo if he isn't making runs.

Bring Can on for Lallana if we get a decent lead so that we can hold the ball at midfield in possession... something we've not done at all under BR.

My thoughts exactly. (Dave for Manquilho/ Flano but I'd have no problem with Jon in there.). Can night we'll turn into a better option than Handerson long term. Early signs are promising. And I's have no quells switching out Mario if he wasn't playing off Daniel. Just right here, right now, Lamvert would be as lost as Mario in a lone role.

Still unsure on our sides. But I think BR is too and honestly doesn't know his best team. which is disconcerting in itself.

Oh yeah, before I forget .....

S****HORPE UNITED FTW!

Ignore those Lincoln pansies!

WAIT! It sanctions out Scunnues name? Down with ES too! Bunch if conspiring Lincoln ****s!

big surprise, suarez cleared to play in Classico

Teeth sharpened and ready to go.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Teeth sharpened and ready to go.

Hail.

The word immediately after S in S****thorpe :lol:

Apparently he's developed a taste for tapas, a bit of Pique, a nibble at Bartra, maybe he'll go for some Brazilian meat. 

Obviously nan made it better if he was still match fit.