Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Also, completely agree with this article about Balotelli (sorry, GHH).

No need to apologise. Said when Milan put him in the market I never thought we'd get him as he isn't Rodgers type. Carra I'm ignoring on this though as he's old school and wants things you can't do to modern day players discipline wise.

And he doesn't have a clue how to play him. You don't play him as a lone striker with absolutely no midfield support. He's never going to hold it up. It's not his game. And he's not going to be making runs looking for it. As poor as he's been, and he has been working hard prior to the last two games, Rodgers hasn't helped him one bit.

You can see him putting Lambert in Sat'day and Ricky looking as bad. He'll work harder, but he'll be lost holding it up with no red shirts supporting him.

Not excusing Mario. He needs a rocket up his ass no question. But it's far from all his fault here.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Not looking good this far though L'pools current problems run far deeper than Mario.

Yup. He's not getting a lot of quality chances. RM had long spells of possession that ended in chances. Whenever LFC won the ball back yesterday they'd spring for a long pass immediately—It was too low percentage. RM's movement was ridiculous. Yesterday it was more of an inability for LFC to recover the ball. You guys pretty much just sat in two banks of four in your own half and let RM pass around, which is fine, but their goals happened when they got those two lines tangled and disorganized (first two goals). 

I've never understood the Ronaldo hate. I guess the goal antics and seemly easy fall over stuff. But the guy never stops hustling and he's pure class off the pitch with his charity and helping people in desperate situations. Heck when the Ronaldo museum plans cane out he took heat for trying to bring people/money to his town.

It was a privilege watching him last night. The best individual display I think I've ever seen against us. Right up there with Klinsmann in the cup and Henry running Carragher ragged.

His movement is something else. I don't think it's possible to mark him out of a game as he's all over the place. And his feet are ridiculously quick. And like all the top players, he never stops working.

Frightening thing is he's getting better.

Now surpassed Measi again for me as the best in the World.

El Classico might be worth a watch Sat'day with them two and Suarez back.

Hail,

Absolutely ridiculous and despicable that stuff like this happens in Europe. It is a frickin sport and these people are attacking fans of the other team. Mind boggling that this happens.

Getting quite a few concerning texts.

Just hoping your lads don't suffer any serious injuries. Those French riot police can be absolute ****s. They take NO prisoners, hit first and ask questions later.

Although, and I aren't making excuses for the French, genuine lads I know say there's a lot of horrible little pricks that don't know how to behave playing up over there bringing **** on genuine/ well behaved-'normal' Everton fans.

Hail.

• Like 1

Getting quite a few concerning texts.

Just hoping your lads don't suffer any serious injuries. Those French riot police can be absolute ****s. They take NO prisoners and hit first and ask questions later.

Although, and I aren't making excuses for the French, genuine lads I know say there's a lot of horrible little pricks that don't know how to behave playing up over there bringing **** on genuine/ well behave-'normal' Everton fans.

Hail.

Im sure, there are idiots in every fan base. But if they were just being assholes*, Lille fans should get over it. Physical violence is outrageous especially over a sport. Especially if they decide to attack people that had nothing to do with whatever asshole fan was poking at Lille fans. I just cant believe that in the last month we already multiple mass attacks. The attacks on Liverpool and Everton fans recently, not sure if any others have happened across Europe during these games.

* meaning if they werent being violent themselves and damaging property. Even if they were its a police matter not mobs.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Im sure, there are idiots in every fan base. But if they were just being assholes*, Lille fans should get over it. Physical violence is outrageous especially over a sport. Especially if they decide to attack people that had nothing to do with whatever asshole fan was poking at Lille fans. I just cant believe that in the last month we already multiple mass attacks. The attacks on Liverpool and Everton fans recently, not sure if any others have happened across Europe during these games.

* meaning if they werent being violent themselves and damaging property. Even if they were its a police matter not mobs.

And you can bet your bottom dollar if Everton had done this at Goodison, and there'd been major media story's and the Police heavily involved as there is right now with this one, that rat Platini would be looking at kicking yuse out. But nottin' will be done to Lille.

#englishfootballhatingfrenchdick

Talking of UEFA ....

What an absolute disgrace that CSKA have three games behind closed doors.

No problem with punishing them for racism. But do it AFTER the group games. City fans must of lost a fortune this week as they'd of booked Moscow the moment the draw was made expecting a game. Then Platini takes it away from them. Hand the ban down after the groups, and you know not to book as there's no fans allowed in.

Yet again UEFA have ZERO consideration for the lifeblood of the game. The supporters.

Disgraceful.

Hail.

• Like 2

Can't advertise beer in France or Switzerland.

New ground this. Different stadium we went to a few years back.

Hail.

Figured it had to be something like that. The first couple of minutes of the game I couldnt figure out what was different, just that something was off... haha..

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Aulas has never been shy of selling his most valuable assets even though they were resigned

From what I read, he turned down Liverpool AND Arsenal :o ... Right?   :lol:   I said he turned down Arsenal :o .

But any who.  We'll see what happens.  I'm not opposed to getting two forwards this window anyway.  Daniel hasn't been healthy and you just can't count on that.

Settling down to watch the Lille/ Everton game at the turn of the hour to see just how Origi is/ isn't developing.

Good luck Lille. ;)

Hail.

Any looks for the kid yet?

From what I read, he turned down Liverpool AND Arsenal :o ... Right?   :lol:   I said he turned down Arsenal :o .

He probably thought it was Arsenal when we called. He just saw the Melwood number .....

Origi still looks very raw. Real quick and tricky. But by no means ready for the Premier League yet on this showing.

Hail.

• Like 1

He's a weathercok, he first turned down Lyon, then decided to resign, Aulas did turned down Liverpool, Newcastle, and Arsenal offers :D. The guy is smart he knows next year Lacazette's value is going to climb up. It is believed that he's more motivated because he wants to be a part of team France for the next Euro.

Edited by FrFan

Cant be too upset about a draw away at Lille. Was hoping for 3, but if we draw all of our away games we will be through. Had some chances but couldnt capitalize.

Beat Lille at home a week Next Thursday you're as good as through.

That should be a good week for you. Everton qualify. L'pool get battered in Madrid. Then have to play Chelsea the weekend.

Hail.