Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Awesome result in Russia today.  So happy to see City drop CL points yet again.  When oh when will Foxsoccer 'experts' finally get it through their thick skulls that City are NOT anywhere near a threat to win the CL.  Just don't defend nearly well enough and were exposed by CSKA tonight.

And for any blue fan-boys who would complain about the PK, well, the second City goal was CLEARLY offside.

LOLOLOL!!!!

By the way, any City fans want to see a Real CL side, tune into the Bayern - Roma match.

Bayern are simply playing at a different level than almost any other side at the moment.

Edited by btfoom

Looks like he's now finally realised Lambert is little better than a Championship striker.

Good to hear Rodgers highly embarrassed too with today. Along with the Captain.

But talk is cheap. This needs fixing and FAST.

Hail.

Was reading a blog today that suggested Remy fell through cause Borini fell through.

Would've been nice to boast Sturridge, Balo, Remy, and......................................... Lambert.

I think Origi does well next year, but something needs to be done in January.  We need that top 4 finish.

..... We need that top 4 finish.

Honestly lil' bro', I'm as concerned now at missing the top 4 as I was before the season ..... Not at all.

When we start to click, we know Arsenal and Utd and the rest are ZERO threat.

The only concern is will we still be up there challenging by that time? Need to beat Hull and Newcastle the next two to set up Chelsea.

THEN we'll see what this seasons PL holds in store.

But first Real. Time to show the doubters wha this team, this club, and one £ 16 million pound player is ALL about.

BELIEVE! We are LIVERPOOL!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Honestly lil' bro', I'm as concerned now at missing the top 4 as I was before the season ..... Not at all.

When we start to click, we know Arsenal and Utd and the rest are ZERO threat.

The only concern is will we still be up there challenging by that time? Need to beat Hull and Newcastle the next two to set up Chelsea.

THEN we'll see what this seasons PL holds in store.

But first Real. Time to show the doubters wha this team, this club, and one £ 16 million pound player is ALL about.

BELIEVE! We are LIVERPOOL!

Hail.

Still think we need an adjustment or two in shape and personnel, but I definitely needed to read that. :D

• Like 1

Still think we need an adjustment or two in shape and personnel, but I definitely needed to read that. :D

The City's buzzing lid. There's an electricity in the air. We've waited 5 long years for nights like this and it has the feel of shapin up into the 2005 run atmosphere.

If the players DON't respond to a rocking Anfield I don't know what to say. All things being equal, on form, we should get mullered. But that old place filled with the beat supporters in the World, on a big European night, is a great leveller.

They wrote us off all through 2005 and we had a piss poor team then.

Let's prove the ****ers wrong again! Can't wait.

To Berlin!

Hail.

• Like 1

Great win for Bayern.  Anyone who doubts their chances for another CL run need only watch the first half of today's match.

Schalke winning 4-3 means that Germany are killing it the last 2 weeks.

Best luck to the Reds tomorrow.  Would love nothing more than seeing Madrid with their tails between their legs.

Best luck to the Reds tomorrow. Would love nothing more than seeing Madrid with their tails between their legs.

Thanks man. Appreciated. Good to have another FIVE time winner to talk to in among all the Euro lightweights of Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Utd. ;)

Phenomenal win tonight. To do that to an Italian side in their own back yard is ridiculous. Anyone who doubts Bayern aren't a SERIOUS threat (I make you favourites with the final on home soil) has a acre loose.

I only pray the Munich fans escape unscathed. Rome, never the best place to visit for football; will be fixing to be VERY ugly after a result like that.

Hail.

Weathers been REAL ugly today FWIW.

The Strand, which runs by the Pier Head, was closed due to high winds. Church Street had cladding blowin off buildings.

Madrid will just love that.

Hail.

Ok so once Liverpool gets curb stomped by Madrid, GHH will come back down to earth

Ok. I'll just wait then lol.

If you've never experienced Anfield on a big European night you can have no concept of the excitement filled highest of highs I'm currently on. :D.

Like a kid at Christmas. Is it 7:45 already?

* Sings ......

Bring on yer Internazionale,

Bring on yer Roma by the score;

Barcelona, Real Madrid,

Who the f*** you trying to kid?

'Cos L'pool are the team that we adore!'

Hail.

Pure Class:

'This is Anfield' It's an honour to play in a legendary stadium like this one in charge of Real Madrid #HalaMadrid pic.twitter.com/iG94qJbFKF

— Carlo Ancelotti (@MrAncelotti) October 21, 2014

Three time European cup winning Coach/ Manager Carlo Ancelotti stood under the iconic 'This is Anfield' sign yesterday. Anfield. the legendary home of the only other Coach/ Manager to win 3 European Cups. Bob Paisley.

Just don't tell Morrison. He doesn't believe .....

Hail.

Ok so once Liverpool gets curb stomped by Madrid, GHH will come back down to earth

Ok. I'll just wait then lol.

I have no 'dog in this fight', but you may want to keep your head down until after today's Arsenal match.  They are looking mighty shaky and may not get a win vs a 'lightweight' side.

Ancelotti is the man.

Total class.

I remember before last years final when he was asked about potentially winning 3 as a coach all he coul talk about was hiw honoured he'd be to equal a legend like Bob Paisley.

Somehow I don't think Mourinho woul of been talking about anyone else bar himself.

Class guy. Top player. All time greats manager.

Utmost respect for Ancelotti.

Hail.

• Like 1

I woke up this morning wondering why I haven't put my kids tuition on Real (-3).  

What the hell... cause I am a fan and have hope is the best answer.

Same reason I didn't bet on the Redskins getting 1 against KC last year.  I was more upset at halftime that I didn't just make a million bucks than the fact we were down 100-3 with 25 fans left in the stadium.

But this team can still click, that team was slowly choking.  So why not, right?

Right?

Just don't tell Morrison. He doesn't believe .....

Hail.

I'm absolutely sure there'll be an incredible atmosphere as per usual on a European night in Anfield, just don't go along with the theory that nowhere else compares to it..

Anyway not getting into that again! Looking forward to the match myself tonight to be fair.

Interesting to see if Balotelli starts..

I woke up this morning wondering why I haven't put my kids tuition on Real (-3).

What the hell... cause I am a fan and have hope is the best answer.

Same reason I didn't bet on the Redskins getting 1 against KC last year. I was more upset at halftime that I didn't just make a million bucks than the fact we were down 100-3 with 25 fans left in the stadium.

But this team can still click, that team was slowly choking. So why not, right?

Right?

Because you're a red. And you know just what this place means on a big European night. It's our stage. It's where we belong. It makes us the envy of the football World. (Bar Leeds fans but yer know ;))

We like long odds. Disbelievers we can shut up again. Us against the World. Just the way we like it. You believe because you have the spirit of Scouse in you and know just what it means.

That unwavering faith and that priceless support money just can't bye is a deadly combination that has your club as one of the biggest in the World.

This club is ALL about Europe and the biggest stage. In the best venue in Europe in the best City in the World.

You believe because you're a red and one of us lil' bro'

Let's do this.

Them Scousers again!

Hail.

• Like 1

From my experience Anfield looks great before kickoff as ye belt out YNWA and wave your scarves, but the atmosphere dies down fairly quick as the football is actually played.

Could hear a pin drop from about the 10th minute in..

Edited by Morrison J