Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Wait WHAT?!

'Rooney Rule' in British soccer?

Is that the one that says a fat, most overrated player of his generation bitter 'once a blue always a Manc' hardly ever shows up in big games ugly balding **** shall be exempt from media criticism and guaranteed to start and captain his club and Country no matter what?

Because there sure as heck isn't ANYTHING in place to protect minority's .

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

The only black manager was Ruud with Chelsea right?

Chris Houghton last year with Norwich. And previously 'Spurs and Newcastle; Jean Tigana at Fulham and Terry Connor for half a season at Wolves are all I can think of.

The Premier League has been running since 1992 and by my recollection there's been FOUR

black managers to the complete and utter disgrace of everyone involved.

Mourinho and his peers can say what ever B/S they like but that brings home yet again the rife, institutionalised racism that continues to prevail in English football. But it's the worst kind of racism as its hidden and everyone pretends it doesn't still go on.

Hail.

• Like 2

There's been WAY more foreign managers in the BPL than coloured .....but yeah Jose, that's because they've all been better coaches.

English football stinks from top to bottom.

Paul Ince for Blackburn in '08 for about 6 months.

My bad. Five.

There you go, English equality in action.

That said, the Rooney Rule in the NFL is a complete and utter joke so it's widespread.

Hail.

Are they still playing Tiki-Taka?

Not sure... watching England.  Hodgson knows I'm watching cause he just subbed out Sterling and Hendo after HT up 2-0.

Now 3-0 from Welbeck... that makes it a National Holiday in parts of this thread.

• Like 2

How many times can the likes of Tony Pulis and Sam Allerdyce and Redknapp be recycled through the PL before other candidates (of any color) get a chance.

Always been the same. Doubtless always will be. Once you're on that gravy train, you don't tend to get off until you chose. No matter how bad/ mediocre you are at your job. Football tend to look after its own and its a tough World to break into. Instances like Rodgers getting a shot at a major club are few and far between a you know an it sucks.

I was thinking earlier it's no wonder many coloured players just walk away from the game when their playing says are over. Many have suffered dogs abuse and scandalous knickbacks right through their careers. So to go through it all again as a coach, made even worse by the all but non-existent black coaches in the game at the pro level, would ale one Hell of a strong willed character.

But hey, the FA and the likes of Mourinho already on that gravy train will tell you there's no problem in England so what do we know?

Not sure... watching England. Hodgson knows I'm watching cause he just subbed out Sterling and Hendo after HT up 2-0.

Now 3-0 from Welbeck... that makes it a National Holiday in parts of this thread.

LMAO @ that last line. ;)

He's actually taken off our lads?

Did BR have a quiet word and threaten to send the Kirkby lads round to pay Hodgson a visit if he didn't comply?

Hail.

• Like 1

LMAO @ that last line. ;)

He's actually taken off our lads?

Did BR have a quiet word and threaten to send the Kirkby lads round to pay Hodgson a visit if he didn't comply?

Hail.

Not sure it was so quiet.  I heard it over here, I just had to watch it to see.

• Like 1

Looking at their call ups, I see no reason why England can't be a presence in the next decade in world football. They need to get a manager with a clue first. Maybe a black guy ;).

Welbz, Sturridge, Rooney

Ox, Theo, Sterling

Wilsh, Hendo, Milner

Gibbs, Baines, Chambers, Cahill, Nat Cline

There are even a couple not called up today like Luke Shaw and Jay Rodriguez that seem promising. 

I'm not convinced that it's a lack of talent. 

Spain lost to Slovakia

Somoene needs to tell Del Bosque its not 2009. Iker is finished and has been for a while

You'd have trouble with that one too if you were worried about the threat of Martin Skrtel making a run from the midfield line.