Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Arsenal almost screwed up Champions League for themselves. Thankfully Montpellier scored. Its all going to come down to the match at Olympiakos. Arsenal are really a poor side this season.

Dortmund are looking forreal, forreal. Strong performance at Bernbeau today. City are finished. They are out with a draw after the result today.

And Malaga look proper too. Dont think they are a genuine contender, but qualifying for the next round is good.

he was top 3 player in the premier league the second half of last season, class goal after class goal... problem is him and ba dont play well together... hes a very smart player and very good finisher...

in your opinion.

If Ba isnt playing for Newcastle, that team looks so weak. Cisse cant pass, cant hold the ball up, has a terrible first touch but he does know how to find goal scoring areas and can finish. There just isnt much else to his game except that. He is like a poor man's version of Michael Owen or van Nistelrooy (altho Ruud showed more to his game at Madrid) or Inzaghi.

I like my forwards to do more.

Everyone watch for GHH on Guy Fawkes Night. Bung up the portholes, batten down the hatches. He could be fit to be tied.

Speaking of tied, I was so worn out by the Skins pathetic performance yesterday that I decided to stay with the local Fox channel which broadcast the replay of Liverpool v Newcastle. I knew the outcome, I knew it was a tie after a quick internet search but I stayed with it anyway - didn't have the energy to change the channel.

I know a little bit of the two clubs history there GHH, but my allegiances fall to the wayside when beer is concerned. I have to admit that I love the Dog, the brown ale.

Now I'm watching West Bromwich run on Southhampton. Looks like a cold night.

Of no consequence; but I watched Liverpool-Newcastle live... it was amazing to hear the crowd when Suarez equalized the game... was watching it since I was on a 5 hour flight... but Liverpool (I think that was the red team) dominated time of possession in the 2nd half and just kept on controlling and passing the ball... there was also a red card against Newcastle the last 5 to make it exciting (Argentinian defender challenged Suarez late with his feet up... the linesman made the call).

Arsenal almost screwed up Champions League for themselves. Thankfully Montpellier scored. Its all going to come down to the match at Olympiakos. Arsenal are really a poor side this season.

Dortmund are looking forreal, forreal. Strong performance at Bernbeau today. City are finished. They are out with a draw after the result today.

And Malaga look proper too. Dont think they are a genuine contender, but qualifying for the next round is good.

in your opinion.

If Ba isnt playing for Newcastle, that team looks so weak. Cisse cant pass, cant hold the ball up, has a terrible first touch but he does know how to find goal scoring areas and can finish. There just isnt much else to his game except that. He is like a poor man's version of Michael Owen or van Nistelrooy (altho Ruud showed more to his game at Madrid) or Inzaghi.

I like my forwards to do more.

my opinion along with most experts... and they are fine without ba... second half of last season ba didnt score, newcastle was able to finish 5th... they have one of the best center mids in the game in yohan cabaye, danny simpson was statistically the best right back in terms of challenges won and all those fancy stats, and ben arfa can kill you in an instant... love the newcastle hate, keep it coming, while you watch cisses 2 beauties against chelsea, note the "awful" first touch on the first goal, and goal of the season to top it off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8KZMiGg0_I

my opinion along with most experts... and they are fine without ba... second half of last season ba didnt score, newcastle was able to finish 5th... they have one of the best center mids in the game in yohan cabaye, danny simpson was statistically the best right back in terms of challenges won and all those fancy stats, and ben arfa can kill you in an instant... love the newcastle hate, keep it coming, while you watch cisses 2 beauties against chelsea, note the "awful" first touch on the first goal, and goal of the season to top it off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8KZMiGg0_I

when I said they needed Ba, I meant they needed him in the line up to make up for Cisse's build up deficiencies. Cisse does nothing for their build up.

Nothing in my post was hating on Newcastle, in fact I complimented Ba and talked about how great a player he is and how important he is. You need to calm down, friend.

And why does a pro team not have a couple riding mowers with the brush attachment on it for this very scenario. A couple grand in money in NY for late Oct and Nov seems to be a no brainier.

i was just saying the same thing. i mean come on, get your **** together people. this storm didn't just randomly appear. how about a little bit of planning and preparation?

i was just saying the same thing. i mean come on, get your **** together people. this storm didn't just randomly appear. how about a little bit of planning and preparation?
Red Bull don't want to play. Wouldn't surprise me if they have them, but locked them up and are trying their damnedest to postpone

Everyone here knows I'm a huge proponent of the MLS but last night was a ****ing joke and embarrassment.

700+ DC United fans travel to New Jersey for the 2nd leg of home and away for which we earned home field advantage, only to be told 40 minutes after the game was supposed to start that the game was postponed.

1. How do you build a $250 million stadium and not purchase at least one snow removal machine?

2. You've known about this storm for at least a week, how did the team or the league not come up with a better contingency plan than 10 guys running across the field with shovels?

3. Could Major League Soccer's love affair with NY be any more disgusting?

I copied this from Big Soccer but its pretty much how I feel:

More shovels/people/snow moving equipment. Why were the lanes not painted some kind of bright-*** orange/purple/yellow or some color that can easily be seen through snowy conditions. The Weather Channel was predicting this storm to hit NY/NJ last weekend and none of this was done. This should have been an epic, instant classic of a snow bowl game, but instead bus loads of visiting fans are being sent home due to piss poor planning and execution and won't be returning for the game tomorrow. Way to blow it MLS

Anyone in the DC are who wants to go to the game, MLS is footing the bill for the bus ride and ticket:

https://secure.dcunited.com/busses-to-new-jersey-redux

The club has secured more busses to return to New Jersey on Thursday, November 8 for the match between United and the Red Bulls. Complete the form below to reserve your place. The trip includes a ticket to the match.

The busses will leave RFK Stadium a 1:00 PM, please meet in RFK Stadium parking lot 5 by 12:30 PM.

YOUR INFORMATION

First Name: Required

Last Name: Required

Email: Required

Phone: Required

Add Another

After the debacle last night, MLS agreed to foot the bill for all 700 fans that traveled to return tonight, plus added another bus and 50 more tix