Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

So I gather I should know this Matuidi bloke?

Hail. 

That is what I'd call an "over the top" signing. 

Don't think it'll happen though, the only midfield additions I see are Witsel or Dahoud.  One of them are coming. 

I'm over Gotze until he gets over himself.  

• Like 1

That is what I'd call an "over the top" signing. 

Don't think it'll happen though, the only midfield additions I see are Witsel or Dahoud.  One of them are coming. 

I'm over Gotze until he gets over himself.  

With you Gotze. Just looked the Frenchman up. He's 29 so that ain't ever happening. 44 caps. Apologies to FF that I've literally no idea who he is. And I watched him Sunday against Ireland! I feel ashamed. It won't happen again. 

Hail. 

With you Gotze. Just looked the Frenchman up. He's 29 so that ain't ever happening. 44 caps. Apologies to FF that I've literally no idea who he is. And I watched him Sunday against Ireland! I feel ashamed. It won't happen again. 

Hail. 

I doubt he's worried, they never get excited when the ball is in the French midfield unless Pogba has it.

He's also second fiddle to Verrati at PSG. 

So not a boss, but you'll here more about him soon cause he and Sakho are besties.

• Like 1

I wonder if we might well now nick Subotic now he's declared he too is leaving Dortmund. (Kloppo goes and it ALL turns to ****. 'Aint that right Mr.S? ..... ).

And I also wonder if Gomez might well get a shot at LB until we bag who we want? 

I wonder a lot. 

Hail. 

Was reading about an Italian this morning, can't remember who though.

I know Klopp's high on Gomez, but his goal is to get him to be the 5th CB this summer, so Subotic would be a great pick up and talk about depth at Center Back?

But I'm not sure he'd go somewhere unless he's starting, which is why he's leaving Dortmund.  So it would depend on Sakho's suspension cause your top 2 right now are probably Matip and Lovren.  Sakho being the third, even with Subotic.  That could all change based on performance of course.

Get the distinct impression Poland have settled for peno's already. 

BRING OUR BOY ON!

Hail. 

Ian Doyle @IanDoyleSport 5m5 minutes ago

Sorry to everyone enduring #POLPOR - I started watching half an hour in and I appear to have killed the game.

:lol:

I'm reading on twitter that Ronaldo is making an ass of himself again?

THAT is why people can't stand him.  Not cause he's "so good," it's cause he's an absolute douche canoe to his team mates.

• Like 1

Was reading about an Italian this morning, can't remember who though.

Mattia De Sciglio. 

Can't see it as he's Milan born and Milan through and through. He'll be a one club for lifer if he can. Really dipped the past couple of season's. (Injury haven't helped.). Before that he was outstanding. The Maldini/ Tassottti comparison's (He's a RB that is equally adept at LB being as he has a great left foot) weren't ill-founded. 

Only 22 so still bags of time for him to get his form back. Very, very classy ball playing FB when he's on song. Who being Italian is positionally and defensively sound. 

Hail. 

*Edit* He's 23 now. Older than I thought. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

One more piece to our squad of slowest has beens on the planet - Rooney, Bastian, Ibra...

I hope so. That's like a pre-MLS all star team.

Uneventful match here. I hate extra time. I think CONMEBOL has it figured out going ng directly to penalties. 90% of the time you just get two tired teams playing cagey.

So that’s 9 hours football Poland have played thus far and Zielinski has been involved in a whopping 45 minutes of it. At least he’ll be well rested going into next season.

​Another garbage game of football that started off with so much promise. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Sanches is going to be a player.

So that’s 9 hours football Poland have played thus far and Zielinski has been involved in a whopping 45 minutes of it. At least he’ll be well rested going into next season.

​Another garbage game of football that started off with so much promise. 

Hail. 

Portugal haven't won after 90 mins the whole tournament.

Sanches is going to be a player.

He is. So strong and powerful with tremendous intelligence and composure for an 18 year old. 

So, the very well rested mystery Pole should be in more or less at the start of the US training camp after his 4 weeks off. Still not got a clue really what we're getting. (Presuming it now goes through as planned.). 

But if Klopp wants him that's all anyone really needs to know. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Yes, Renato Sanches seems to be the real deal.

So glad Bayern bought him BEFORE the tournament and have him locked up. Good business by the FO at Bayern.

Couple that with Hummels and Bayern have a real good chance to get that 6th UCL trophy.

So I gather I should know this Matuidi bloke?

Hail. 

He's more consistent than Sakho.

Blaise is a normal guy who raised his game through discipline. He touched his technical limits, he's a fighter who will do the dirty work. Barton said he's a juggling clown with plates, you're just waiting for him to drop them, but somehow, he always manages to keep up. He contradicts the laws of motion.

He lacks tactical vision and sometimes he has problems to raise his game vs the strongest competition. Maybe because he had only one great coach (Ancelotti) to learn from and only for a year.

The paper talk is Costa wants out and Simeone wants him back, no idea if it's true though........

All talk within the club right now is that Conte has told Costa he is an integral part of the team moving forward.  Simeone definitely wants him back, but Costa has said he wants to stay under Conte for at least a season.  

That's how the narrative goes, anyway.  I obviously like Costa and think he's good at what he does.  But no doubt EPL teams will want him out both for his temper and for his goal scoring ability.  

• Like 1