Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

England's worst two players thus far, Kane and Sterling back? Lallana, England's most consistent player this tournament that's not a RB, benched? 

Hodgson is a genius!

Hail.

You clearly missed Wilshere's outing. Re Lallana, yep very unlucky but I think his missed chances against Russia and Slovakia have cost him, but I agree he's been very good thus far.

Roy Hodgson. Stealing £3 million a year since 2012. 

Got a real gut feeling for Iceland. They've just been so well organised and nobody's worked harder all tournament. Love the fairytale to continue. 

On the flip side, I'm not sure if the English population could cope with the media lead breakdown that would follow going out to such minnows. 

This could be a night.

Hail. 

I've been gone for a couple of days and refuse to read 7-10 pages. Anyone want to catch me up?

PS....I'm guessing there's at least one page devoted to how spot on I was about the Azzurri

No, but we did have a big debate about how darn lucky you are!  :angry:.  And how we're going to destroy DC9 as a result!  :D.

Hail. 

• Like 1

I really wish Italy would just lose already like all the pundits pegged them to.  We can't start strategizing over at Stamford Bridge until Conte is there!

Van Gaal was a great strategist for Holland in the 2014 WC before taking over at Utd. 

Leave you with that thought!  :P.

Hail. 

On the flip side, I'm not sure if the English population could cope with the media lead breakdown that would follow going out to such minnows. [/size]This could be a night.[/size]

You're joking right, we know our knock out history in major tournaments, nobody thinks it's a given we win. Nice try though.

I really wish Italy would just lose already like all the pundits pegged them to.  We can't start strategizing over at Stamford Bridge until Conte is there!

Conte is a really good fit for Chelsea. Nailed it today against Spain.

• Like 1

You're joking right, we know our knock out history in major tournaments, nobody thinks it's a given we win. Nice try though.

Behave. Please. Iceland. ICELAND! There'd be a meltdown of EPIC proportions and let's not try pretend otherwise. 

Sky and the print media would be WELL worth avoiding for a month at least. And England fans would be baying for Hodgson's head on a stick. 

Hail. 

Italy great again, very happy with that. Officially bored with Spain. Well done Italy.

Sterling, yeh Roy's messing again....think he wants plenty of wide play to break Iceland down but well, kinda yeh whatever...time will tell on that one.

Re Mane, 34-36 mil, good player but Jesus that's obscene money in my opinion.

I cannot stand Spain's brand of soccer. So glad we kicked their ass out of the tournament.

• Like 1

Behave. Please. Iceland. ICELAND! There'd be a meltdown of EPIC proportions and let's not try pretend otherwise. 

Sky and the print media would be WELL worth avoiding for a month at least. And England fans would be baying for Hodgson's head on a stick. 

Hail.

I knew slating the Mane fee would get you stoked up GHH haha....

I've been gone for a couple of days and refuse to read 7-10 pages. Anyone want to catch me up?

PS....I'm guessing there's at least one page devoted to how spot on I was about the Azzurri

Oh please, Spain's a pub team.

Let's see him be impressive now.

Spain struggled in the groups save for one game, which they struggled for about 30 minutes.

I knew slating the Mane fee would get you stoked up GHH haha....

It's not our money :lol:

• Like 1

woooo hooooooooooo le'ts get it iceland 

Oh please, Spain's a pub team.

Let's see him be impressive now.

Spain struggled in the groups save for one game, which they struggled for about 30 minutes.

Say what you will, but Italy has now convincingly beaten both Belgium and Spain in a major tournament, out-strategizing and out-playing their opponents.  Belgium number 2 and Spain number 6.  

Just like today and Spain... Germany owes us one and I expect them to come out firing on Saturday. That WC semi-final was one of my greatest sporting memories. Fabio Grosso and then Del Piero with the dagger to the heart in extra time. The 2012 Euro game was good but not nearly as good as knocking out the host in 06 and then raising the cup.

Hmmm I guess England going to England.

Edited by Zazzaro703