Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Yeah, best not go there.

When I innocently mentioned that Steven will go down as arguably the most influential player for his club side in history to never win his domestic title, it set Asiatic off on his (delusional) rant on Stevie's ability's.

And we don't want to sit through all that again .....

Hail.

and im the delusional one :ols:

he misplaced 24 passes today.

its almost creepy at this point...you need to end your crusade to save the world for thinking Gerrard is world-class player. Do us all a favor and get over it...

well first and foremost Gibbs Hog Heaven is the one who mentioned my name in regards to Gerrard so you can save your capn Save-a-Poster for someone else.

secondly, Gerrard missed on 19% of his passes today, including the one that lead to the first goal. Thats a fact

I never said Gerrard wasnt a world class player in the past. I just said he isnt a good central midfielder. Rodgers realized that later on and moved him off Suarez. If Liverpool want to do anything worthwhile except finish in midtable this season, Gerrard needs to play higher up the pitch where he can still be an effective player instead of looking like the shocking CM he is right now.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan
trusted some incorrect numbers, apologies.

well first and foremost Gibbs Hog Heaven is the one who mentioned my name in regards to Gerrard so you can save your capn Save-a-Poster for someone else.

secondly, Gerrard missed 24 passes today, including the one that lead to the first goal. Thats a fact

I never said Gerrard wasnt a world class player in the past. I just said he isnt a good central midfielder. Rodgers realized that later on and moved him off Suarez. If Liverpool want to do anything worthwhile except finish in midtable this season, Gerrard needs to play higher up the pitch where he can still be an effective player instead of looking like the shocking CM he is right now.

good job...way to let it go!

which league?

League I'm not sure. Preferably I'd like a club with a nice history, great fan support/tough stadium, and a entertaining playing style. My knowledge of other leagues like Mexico, Brazil, etc is quite limited outside of playing with them on fifa lol. I don't know if I could get myself to root for a Spanish team ( I despise Spain in general) to be honest especially since I constantly root against Spanish clubs.

My reasons I picked the clubs I did

Manchester United- I loved them when I first started watching them. Most everyone tried to convince me to hate them. Funny thing was whenever I watched them I just couldn't hate them.

DCU- My local team growing up. I was born the DC area and I will always support my DC teams.

Richmond Kickers- Local Richmond team. Season is only a few short months though so it's not much to follow.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

League I'm not sure. Preferably I'd like a club with a nice history, great fan support/tough stadium, and a entertaining playing style. My knowledge of other leagues like Mexico, Brazil, etc is quite limited outside of playing with them on fifa lol. I don't know if I could get myself to root for a Spanish team ( I despise Spain in general) to be honest especially since I constantly root against Spanish clubs.

My reasons I picked the clubs I did

Manchester United- I loved them when I first started watching them. Most everyone tried to convince me to hate them. Funny thing was whenever I watched them I just couldn't hate them.

DCU- My local team growing up. I was born the DC area and I will always support my DC teams.

Richmond Kickers- Local Richmond team. Season is only a few short months though so it's not much to follow.

Borussia Dortmund? Bayern Munich?

Napoli? AC Milan?

Do you have European roots?

Munich or Dortmund's a good call for you for Germany Richmond I'd agree. Guess you'd need to give us some idea what kind of club your looking to 'adopt', so to speak.

Personally, I have 3, and a new found interest in DCU. (Thank you in particular BSF.).

Liverpoo FC, my home town club.

Glasgow Rangers, down to traditionally, although in this day and age it matters little, Liverpool being the City's protestant club. And with the City's strong Scottish/ Irish links, the two Glasgow giants have always played a part. Somewhere in the house, I have a split, half/half Liverpool/ Rangers bobble hat from when I was a kid. Used to love the 'Rangers ..... Celtic ..... Rangers ..... Celtic' chant on the kop during a lul in games way back when. But I digress .....

AC Milan. That love was born back in 1989, 4 days after the worst day of my life at the ill fated cup semi in Sheffield. To have Milan, 6 minutes into the European Cup semi final against Madrid, stop the match during play for a minutes silence at exactly the same time as the game was stopped at Hillsborough on the Saturday; and the Milan fans all singing in broken English YNWA over in Northern Italy just blew me away. The links between us both have strengthened over the years with the 2005 and 2007 Champions League finals, and the Milan fans consider us their 'English' team. We made a lot of new friends from Milan in both Istanbul and Athens. But above and beyond that, I've developed a real interest for a very, very special football club. And one of the VERY few on the planet my own club actually looks up to.

Hail.

*Edit*

Found the Milan tribute. An example of how soccer can bring people together:

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

hmm seems my other post didn't post. What I said was preferably I'd like a club with great fan support/tough stadium and rich history. Both my clubs have rich history and great fan support. I love having a teams that have stadiums that other teams just dread going to. However, my team would have have a entertaining style of play. I wouldn't be drawn to say to a Chelsea style of basically counter attacking. I'd like a team that strategically breaks a team down.

Speaking of the disaster I hate those who chants about that and the munich disaster. There's no place for that crap. Its the reason I give my arsenal friend and glare when you emphasizes MAN U. He does it to annoy me but he doesn't think about what he's saying. You are taunting the dead. There's no place in sports for taunting the dead no matter what team it is.

------

Note: That's why I hate the term MAN U for anyone reading. I know they put it up on the scoreboard and stuff for games but that term comes from a song taunting the plane crash that killed 23 people.

hmm seems my other post didn't post. What I said was preferably I'd like a club with great fan support/tough stadium and rich history. Both my clubs have rich history and great fan support. I love having a teams that have stadiums that other teams just dread going to. However, my team would have have a entertaining style of play. I wouldn't be drawn to say to a Chelsea style of basically counter attacking. I'd like a team that strategically breaks a team down.

Speaking of the disaster I hate those who chants about that and the munich disaster. There's no place for that crap. Its the reason I give my arsenal friend and glare when you emphasizes MAN U. He does it to annoy me but he doesn't think about what he's saying. You are taunting the dead. There's no place in sports for taunting the dead no matter what team it is.

------

Note: That's why I hate the term MAN U for anyone reading. I know they put it up on the scoreboard and stuff for games but that term comes from a song taunting the plane crash that killed 23 people.

I really think you should research Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund and pick between them. They meet your requirements...

Richmond my man, Liverpool- United is a poisonous fixture. It may not always come over on the TV screen, but it's literally 90 minutes of absolutely disgraceful 'point scoring' with whatever one set can attack the other with. Our morons throw Munich at your morons. Your morons throw Hillsborough back at us. Our morons then resort to Shipman songs. Your morons come back with Heysel etc etc. I've gotten in fist fights at OT with fellow Liverpool supporters over Munich, which is as ridiculous as it can get.

People who don't know laugh when I say there's no greater hatred in World football than Liverppol- Utd. But there truly isn't. It really is a horrible game at times where the football is secondary to the bigger picture on the day., Two City's 35 miles or so apart but WORLDS apart in the way we dress, talk, musical tastes the whole job lot. I'm rambling, but I totally agree with you. Mocking the dead is just about as low as it gets. And we're equally as bad as Utd on that score.

Back on topic, as jobaga said, if your looking for traditional German sides that encompass what you've said above, you can't go far wrong with Munich or Dortmund. The Westfallen Stadion in Dortmund is one awesome soccer venue. I've only been there when it's been all seater for the UEFA Cup Final and a Champions League game. But when that one end is converted to a standing terrace of 20 K plus for Bundesliga games, it must be an awe-inspiring sight.

Bayern speaks for itself as one of the great clubs of European football.

That's presuming you want a German club like, lol.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Richmond my man, Liverpool- United is a poisonous fixture. It may not always come over on the TV screen, but it's literally 90 minutes of absolutely disgraceful 'point scoring' with whatever one set can attack the other with. Our morons throw Munich at your morons. Your morons throw Hillsborough back at us. Our morons then resort to Shipman songs. Your morons come back with Heysel etc etc. I've gotten in fist fights at OT with fellow Liverpool supporters over Munich, which is as ridiculous as it can get.

People who don't know laugh when I say there's no greater hatred in World football than Liverppol- Utd. But there truly isn't. It really is a horrible game at times where the football is secondary to the bigger picture on the day., Two City's 35 miles or so apart but WORLDS apart in the way we dress, talk, musical tastes the whole job lot. I'm rambling, but I totally agree with you. Mocking the dead is just about as low as it gets. And we're equally as bad as Utd on that score.

Back on topic, as jobaga said, if your looking for traditional German sides that encompass what you've said above, you can't go far wrong with Munich or Dortmund. The Westfallen Stadion in Dortmund is one awesome soccer venue. I've only been there when it's been all seater for the UEFA Cup Final and a Champions League game. But when that one end is converted to a standing terrace of 20 K plus for Bundesliga games, it must be an awe-inspiring sight.

Bayern speaks for itself as one of the great clubs of European football.

That's presuming you want a German club like, lol.

Hail.

I was doing some research and everyone says Dortmund is the worse place to go. I noticed people saying Bayern Munich was a quiet stadium with little atmosphere.

Sidenote: Dortmund's stadium looks absolutely insane lol

I was doing some research and everyone says Dortmund is the worse place to go. I noticed people saying Bayern Munich was a quiet stadium with little atmosphere.

Really? Interesting. It certainly looks a fantastic stadium, but if there's little atmosphere ..... Maybe the Munich fans have gotten complacent due to their utter dominance in Germany? (Bar Dortmund the last few years.).

I guess also if you did go with a German team, it would give you a rivalry with your friend the Bayern fan. Run it by him. See what he has to say.

Hail.

Really? Interesting. It certainly looks a fantastic stadium, but if there's little atmosphere ..... Maybe the Munich fans have gotten complacent due to their utter dominance in Germany? (Bar Dortmund the last few years.).

I guess also if you did go with a German team, it would give you a rivalry with your friend the Bayern fan. Run it by him. See what he has to say.

Hail.

Yeah interesting considering I looked up a couple Bay Munich games and it seemed like a alright atmosphere. But there was survey by the players and Bayern Munich wasn't even on the list.

http://www.totalfootballforums.com/forums/topic/44301-atmosphere-in-the-bundesliga-stadiums/

Not sure where this comment is coming from. All the Man UTD(Hate when people say Man U) supporters here have long admitted it.

all my buds sweat the hell of man u... and i cannot stand them for that simple fact as just about everyone i know likes them because they started following the game just as beckham left for madrid, and it makes me sick and that goes for a good portion of americans, its because they win.... im a proud newcastle united supporter, loved the time from the moment i watched alan shearer and followed them from relegation all the way back up to 5th, and last years game agains manchester united was easily one of the best moments ive had as a supporter, it really bothers me when people say NUFC is a small club, when they have one of the biggest and best stdiums in england, and one of the most rabid fanbases in the world...i should say though that not all man u fans are bad, just ignorant ones who dont know the history of the club, and only like them for the simple fact that they win....

Yeah interesting considering I looked up a couple Bay Munich games and it seemed like a alright atmosphere. But there was survey by the players and Bayern Munich wasn't even on the list.

http://www.totalfootballforums.com/forums/topic/44301-atmosphere-in-the-bundesliga-stadiums/

As regards Dortmund's Westfalenstadion:

It's a real soccer stadium man. Steeped banked stands, right on top of the pitch generating a great atmosphere. And that one end which is converted to a standing terrace with nearly 25K packed in for Bundesliga games looks absolutely awesome. I ended up for a time at the beginning of the second half in there sharing a beer with some Alaves fans (I'd walked the stadium at half time and the Germans just kept opening gates ..... and when this poor Spanish guy was trying to balance 4 beers on a tray, it seemed impolite to NOT help him consume them, lol); at the 2001 UEFA Cup Final. (A game Steven Gerrard dominated from central midfield as part of a bog standard 4 man midfield. Go figure considering he apparently never could be utilized in that way ..... ). But it was seating for that game, and again for the Champions League game a year or two after.

Now they've added and gone upto 80K, with 50K or so season ticket holders, I can but imagine the game day experience in Dortmund now.

Hail.

all my buds sweat the hell of man u... and i cannot stand them for that simple fact as just about everyone i know likes them because they started following the game just as beckham left for madrid, and it makes me sick and that goes for a good portion of americans, its because they win.... im a proud newcastle united supporter, loved the time from the moment i watched alan shearer and followed them from relegation all the way back up to 5th, and last years game agains manchester united was easily one of the best moments ive had as a supporter, it really bothers me when people say NUFC is a small club, when they have one of the biggest and best stdiums in england, and one of the most rabid fanbases in the world...i should say though that not all man u fans are bad, just ignorant ones who dont know the history of the club, and only like them for the simple fact that they win....

I actually hate teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona(In general I have dislike for Spain thus why I don't both to even try to have club in La Liga). True, we have our idiot fans and trust me I've facepalm at few comment by them. That comes with success though. Anyone who thinks Newcastle is small is a moron. I hate when we have to go to Newcastle. I know Old Trafford doesn't get the reputation of being crazy place but it does have its moments. I didn't really pick Manchester Utd for the crazy fanbase. It was simply I watched EPL games and I just couldn't dislike them like everyone else. Something about the club was just amazing to me. At that point I figured if I can't hate them or root against them I might as well support them. First thing I did when we blew the league last year was put on Man Utd scarf. I went to the kickers game with Utd scarf and my Kickers one. Did I get jeers about Utd blowing the league? Of course. I wasn't gonna stop supporting my club though like some the fair weather bandwagon ones who probably went on ebay looking for smurf scarves.

As regards Dortmund's Westfalenstadion:

It's a real soccer stadium man. Steeped banked stands, right on top of the pitch generating a great atmosphere. And that one end which is converted to a standing terrace with nearly 25K packed in for Bundesliga games looks absolutely awesome. I ended up for a time at the beginning of the second half in there sharing a beer with some Alaves fans (I'd walked the stadium at half time and the Germans just kept opening gates ..... and when this poor Spanish guy was trying to balance 4 beers on a tray, it seemed impolite to NOT help him consume them, lol); at the 2001 UEFA Cup Final. (A game Steven Gerrard dominated from central midfield as part of a bog standard 4 man midfield. Go figure considering he apparently never could be utilized in that way ..... ). But it was seating for that game, and again for the Champions League game a year or two after.

Now they've added and gone upto 80K, with 50K or so season ticket holders, I can but imagine the game day experience in Dortmund now.

Hail.

wow.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e8_1LUcZxo