Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

'pool appear to be carrying on from where they left off against Hearts. 0-2, going nowhere right now.

Woeful display, capped by yet another Reina **** up. Three in a week to add to the back end of last year.

Flat footed, no pace, no ideas. Midfield anonymous and no cutting edge up front. Worst start for 50 years. Still setting records. Just the wrong ones, lol. But meh, even if they lose the next 5 straight, it doesn't matter so long as the owners don't panic. This is a long term rebuild that's gona' encompass far more downs than ups as he totally changes the way we do things.

Gona' be a long 4 months until January.

---------- Post added September-2nd-2012 at 09:31 AM ----------

Gerrard... not a central midfielder.....

Asiatic ..... not a viable opinion on Gerrards career.

But don't let that stop ya'. ;)

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Hail.

athleticism leaving, and now he has to think under Rodgers' system and is being shown up... You can keep propping him up, its not my team so I dont really care.

Scholes is starting today, 97 years old and cant run yet is still a better CM than Gerrard is and has ever been.

Woeful display, capped by yet another Reina **** up. Three in a week to add to the back end of last year.

Flat footed, no pace, no ideas. Midfield anonymous and no cutting edge up front. Worst start for 50 years. Still setting records. Just the wrong ones, lol. But meh, even if they lose the next 5 straight, it doesn't matter so long as the owners don't panic. This is a long term rebuild that's gona' encompass far more downs than ups as he totally changes the way we do things.

Gona' be a long 4 months until January.

---------- Post added September-2nd-2012 at 09:31 AM ----------

Hail.

Dalglish has a lot to answer for. It dawned on me during last season that with Caroll and Suarez he was building a 1974 Scottish World Cup team with Caroll in the Jordan role and Suarez in the, well, Dalglish role! 1970's football in the 21st century wont do it. Long way to go to get this team straightened out. The Redskins of the EPL!

Dalglish has a lot to answer for. It dawned on me during last season that with Caroll and Suarez he was building a 1974 Scottish World Cup team with Caroll in the Jordan role and Suarez in the, well, Dalglish role! 1970's football in the 21st century wont do it. Long way to go to get this team straightened out. The Redskins of the EPL!

Sure your being a lil' flip, but that's actually not a bad analogy.

I seriously doubt, outside of Enrique and Suarez, who Hodgson had lined up so I don't know if he can take credit for him; any of Kenny's highly expensive, highly ***** flops will be here this time next year. Adams now left. It's only a matter of time before Downing and Henderson do. And Rodgers obviously doesn't rate Carroll worth a damn either.

Just another reason, as much as I still idolize the man like no other in football, change had to be made and he had to go. His woeful judgement of players now.

Hail.

Told you weeks ago, Liverpool should have signed Lloris.

he is going to have a lot of problems in the premiership because of how bad he is on crosses.

Liverpool should have signed a striker. Wont score many goals until January when they buy one. And no, Carroll was not the answer no matter how much those idiots in the media say it.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

..... Liverpool should have signed a striker. Wont score many goals until January when they buy one. And no, Carroll was not the answer no matter how much those idiots in the media say it.

Rodgers has said there's both zero way he'd of let Carroll go out on loan if he'd known nobody was coming in; and he fully expected to get Dempsey and maybe another. Reading between the lines, the club sold him short. He cut down the wage bill in readiness for new recruits. They tried to be cute in low balling Fulham with a ridiculous £ 3 million offer; which was verging on insulting even given the Dempsey situation.

Interestingly, Rodgers said after today's game that he still expects to bring in a striker before the next game. The only out of contract striker I can think of is Owen, which would basically just be a body to back-up; but it will be interesting to see who does arrive.

Hail.

Rodgers has said there's both zero way he'd of let Carroll go out on loan if he'd known nobody was coming in; and he fully expected to get Dempsey and maybe another. Reading between the lines, the club sold him short. He cut down the wage bill in readiness for new recruits. They tried to be cute in low balling Fulham with a ridiculous £ 3 million offer; which was verging on insulting even given the Dempsey situation.

Interestingly, Rodgers said after today's game that he still expects to bring in a striker before the next game. The only out of contract striker I can think of is Owen, which would basically just be a body to back-up; but it will be interesting to see who does arrive.

Hail.

Is Morgan ready? How about the kid from Germany? When will Assaidi be ready?

Is Morgan ready? How about the kid from Germany? When will Assaidi be ready?

Bit of an ask to throw Morgan into League games at 18 and ask him to lead the line. Same with the kid from Leverkusen. Sterling's the exception to that.

Not got a clue on what the plans are with Assaidi. Presumably he'll definitely play the Europa and league cup. How soon in the league is anyone's guess.

Rodgers is PISSED through at how Friday went down. He's saying the right things, but it's obvious he feels short changed by the club.

Hail.

what a terrible weekend for liverpool

It could well get a lot worse with Sunderland and Utd the next two. It's not inconceivable to think it could well be 1/2 points out of 15.

But the key is not to panic. This is gona' be a long rebuild, and regardless of how bad it get's in parts before it gets better, we're tied to the manager for the long haul now and need to all be fully behind him.

Hail..

It could well get a lot worse with Sunderland and Utd the next two. It's not inconceivable to think it could well be 1/2 points out of 15.

But the key is not to panic. This is gona' be a long rebuild, and regardless of how bad it get's in parts before it gets better, we're tied to the manager for the long haul now and need to all be fully behind him.

Hail..

Completely agree. Rodgers is the man, I have full faith. Just sad we'll be wasting away another year of Stevie's talent, and Carra is probably retiring soon too. Would have liked for those two to win the Prem League title together.

Edited by TaylorPickSix

what a terrible weekend for liverpool

Glass Half Full- Sterling looks like he could be great and Joe Allen was a great signing

---------- Post added September-2nd-2012 at 06:06 PM ----------

Hail..

I like that the young guys are getting a chance...

Completely agree. Rodgers is the man, I have full faith. Just sad we'll be wasting away another year of Stevie's talent, and Carra is probably retiring soon too. Would have liked for those two to win the Prem League title together.

Yeah, best not go there.

When I innocently mentioned that Steven will go down as arguably the most influential player for his club side in history to never win his domestic title, it set Asiatic off on his (delusional) rant on Stevie's ability's.

And we don't want to sit through all that again .....

Hail.