Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

While I remember, good luck Atletico against the Rent Boys in the Super Cup.

---------- Post added August-31st-2012 at 01:26 PM ----------

Load of money gone on Dempsey to 'Spurs the past 30 minutes. Bookies shortened his odds right down for what that's worth.

---------- Post added August-31st-2012 at 01:53 PM ----------

It's his brain. They physical is what it needs to be, but you're right he's hit the wall. We got another guy aside from Ox who is blazing fast: Ryo Miyachi. He just doesn't get the game like he should for his age. God, I just imagine him with Cesc's game smarts, insert hyperbolic comparison here.

Essien left out of Chelsea team against Atletico in lew of loan move to Arsenal. Sky now saying Chelsea say he won't be joining Arsenal, but someone else.

YES! Madrid 1 up already in Monaco. Should be 2 having hit the bar.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

:ols:

Dont worry GHH, we will be the best team in Liverpool two years in a row. European competition next year! :wavetowel

Shoot, I had you down for a Utd fan man.

My bad. I take it all back.

Why I'd even mention Everton and Europe in the same sentence I don't know.

The last time you guys were in Europe, I hear pirate cannons blasted the ship taking y'all and pinched your sails .....

---------- Post added August-31st-2012 at 02:07 PM ----------

Falcao 2, Horrible ****ney ***** 0 inside 18 minutes.

And hes been the bar are from a hat-trick.

This is a GREAT watch. :D

Fulham rejected new L'pool bid for Dempsey. **** them Clint. Sit, and sign for free in January.

Hail.

How about you not temp me to sing and keep me from getting banned? :ols:

Hail.

*Edit* WOOT! Falcao first half hat-trick. Atletico are DESTROYING Chelsea.

---------- Post added August-31st-2012 at 03:04 PM ----------

Liverpool out of Dempsey running.

Fulham rejected 4 million. L'pool refusing to budge on that. Villa now favorites.

Glad we're sticking to our guns on a guy that could sign for free in January. Pity if he goes elsewhere like, as we could do with his goals. But I like we're playing hardball for once.

FOUR- ZERO! Chelsea getting absolutely mullard.

Hail.

How about you not temp me to sing and keep me from getting banned? :ols:

Hail.

*Edit* WOOT! Falcao first half hat-trick. Atletico are DESTROYING Chelsea.

---------- Post added August-31st-2012 at 03:04 PM ----------

Liverpool out of Dempsey running.

Fulham rejected 4 million. L'pool refusing to budge on that. Villa now favorites.

Glad we're sticking to our guns on a guy that could sign for free in January. Pity if he goes elsewhere like, as we could do with his goals. But I like we're playing hardball for once.

FOUR- ZERO! Chelsea getting absolutely mullard.

Hail.

Finally got to see L'pool-Citeh. Liverpool looked pretty good. Skrtel from Hero to Zero in 30 minutes. But overall, I thought it looked much further along than the opening week would've suggested.

Being reported here now Villa are the front runners.

---------- Post added August-31st-2012 at 04:07 PM ----------

Maurice Edu officially signed for Stoke earlier. So that's another American in a top European League.

Oh yeah, well done Atletico Madrid. Chelsea got an absolute ass whooping in Monte Carlo. :D

Hail.

damn, Liverpool got merkd this window.

Really wish Wenger signed a midfielder to replace Song and a striker, but its is what it is. This club just wants 4th place and they probably got it.

---------- Post added August-31st-2012 at 07:54 PM ----------

Personally, I wouldn't touch Walcott. He's a Liverpool fan I 'spose (a genuine boyhood one. Not the usual B/S); but there's little end product to his game. He's like Lennon. All speed, and often nothing at the end of it.

thats not true tho. Walcott gets more goals and assists than Lennon. I think he gets as many as Bale too (most overrated player in the premiership)

but Theo is a rubbish player. He is amazing because of that. Rubbish player but some how gets goals and assists. I dont say that with sarcasm either, I just dont get Theo.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

That's Theo. He's rubbish but great for rubbish? OR is he seriously on the verge of awesome but will never get over that hump?

As with most things, I think Wenger's role hurts him. Maybe it pains me to say but the Wenger mystique is wearing off for me. He does a lot of things right, finishing fourth with the squads he puts together, is a testament to his ability BUT it's fourth.

Watching more and more of Man City and United and their speed of play in the attacking third is much higher AND they put the ball at risk more. Arsenal play much too slow and much to conservative—got to make those calculated risks to breakthrough the organized defenses. Additionally, when you play fast, it forces the the other team to defend faster and mistakes happen. Arsenal don't score too many scrappy goals or deflections or crossed headers—they almost don't want goals that aren't perfect.

That's Theo. He's rubbish but great for rubbish? OR is he seriously on the verge of awesome but will never get over that hump?

he is rubbish. He cant dribble, cannot beat a player 1v1, cannot pass the ball, has a very inconsistent touch and an inconsistent finisher when he has time.

Its not Wenger, the kid just isnt a good footballer. But he is amazing in that he can look like he has never played football for 89 minutes and then do something incredible whether it be a cross, a run, something and creates magic. The problem is patience.

As with most things, I think Wenger's role hurts him. Maybe it pains me to say but the Wenger mystique is wearing off for me. He does a lot of things right, finishing fourth with the squads he puts together, is a testament to his ability BUT it's fourth.

where do you play THeo then? Striker? He cant play with his back to the goal as he still gets pushed around and cant hold the ball. Then when teams give no space, he is useless.

Watching more and more of Man City and United and their speed of play in the attacking third is much higher AND they put the ball at risk more. Arsenal play much too slow and much to conservative—got to make those calculated risks to breakthrough the organized defenses. Additionally, when you play fast, it forces the the other team to defend faster and mistakes happen. Arsenal don't score too many scrappy goals or deflections or crossed headers—they almost don't want goals that aren't perfect.

I would rather give them time to gel before just writing them off. I say that because they moved the ball quicker in the Stoke match than versus Sunderland. Cazorla will make a world of difference, but we will not be as good as City or United at it.

The gelling will improve results but this is how they've always played under Wenger. They used to love to counter but teams took that away, so now they must get into these pitched battles. It's a style that's better, duh as is any style, that works best with established, top level pros.

The gelling will improve results but this is how they've always played under Wenger. They used to love to counter but teams took that away, so now they must get into these pitched battles. It's a style that's better, duh as is any style, that works best with established, top level pros.

Continuing playing Sunday please man.

Appreciated. :D

Hail.

blame Cesc. Changed everything for a guy that ended up not winning anything for us and then fooking off back to be a complimentary piece for Barcelona.

US Women's coach Pia Sundhage leaves US Team to pursue Swedish opportunities

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Womens-National-Team/2012/08/Pia-Sundhage-to-Return-Home-to-Pursue-Opportunities-in-Sweden.aspx

U.S. Women’s National Team head coach Pia Sundhage has decided to return home to pursue opportunities in Sweden.

“After the Olympics we had discussions and early in the process it became clear that Pia was very interested in returning home to Sweden,” said U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati. “It certainly wasn’t an easy decision for U.S. Soccer or Pia. She deserves a tremendous amount of credit for the amazing success the U.S. Women’s National Team had during the past five years. On behalf of U.S. Soccer, we sincerely appreciate Pia’s hard work, dedication and commitment to the organization. We wish her all the best in the future.”

She was a good women's coach

Hopefully the US Women continue their brand of success in world football. They are the best!

Just corrected that for you. HH ;)

*Chuckles. Smart arse. :silly:

Really enjoyed Hearts BTW. FAR friendlier place than Glasgow. (Go figure, lol.). Had a great afternoon around the Haymarket. Just a pity I had to back on the Friday as it turned into a legendary bevvie session for the lads that stayed through Saturday. General consensus was that it's now in the top 10/15 Euro aways. And these are boys with 100 plus and more European away's under their belts. So that's high praise indeed.

The less said about the actual game the better.

Hail.

*Chuckles. Smart arse. :silly:

Really enjoyed Hearts BTW. FAR friendlier place than Glasgow. (Go figure, lol.). Had a great afternoon around the Haymarket. Just a pity I had to back on the Friday as it turned into a legendary bevvie session for the lads that stayed through Saturday. General consensus was that it's now in the top 10/15 Euro aways. And these are boys with 100 plus and more European away's under their belts. So that's high praise indeed.

The less said about the actual game the better.

Hail.

'pool appear to be carrying on from where they left off against Hearts. 0-2, going nowhere right now.

Edited by thehogs