Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Benteke is probably a good fit at West Ham. Could see him scoring goals. He's not at a club that fits his style and he can't be blamed for not living upto that absurd transfer fee.

What exactly is he and what exactly is his style again? 

Because I've watched numerous games there's been great service/ crosses into the box whilst he's not made ANY attempt to get there/ make a run as he just stands on the penalty spot/ edge of the box. 

Dude has to take a large part in his own failings through his piss poor work ethic. 

For the reds here- Ter Stegan/ Hector/ Gotze all playing against Italy right now:

http://firstrows.ru/soccer/germany-vs-italy-frs130055?l=1603291737

Hail. 

• Like 1

Benteke is probably a good fit at West Ham. Could see him scoring goals. He's not at a club that fits his style and he can't be blamed for not living upto that absurd transfer fee.

He's getting schtick for missing sitters.

Like, no **** he's missed at least 12 of them this year.

EDIT:  I've heard the West Ham rumors but I've also heard we're REALLY far apart on money and that West Ham aren't willing to pay his full salary.

Again, I think we'd concede on transfer fees, but we aren't going to pay any of his salary.  I do think we have an advantage in that Origi is ahead of him in the Belgian side pecking order now, and he's been told he needs to win a job at another position if he wants to play in Euros.  So maybe he takes a cut and moves to London to work on his form?

Surely that's all Liverpools fault.  You won't get any arguments from me that Rodgers over-paid for him, though at the time I thought he'd play well.  We'll have to atone somewhat for Rodgers and his dumb-assity...

I could see he and Payet working well together.

Edited by DC9

Maybe so. Probably has got lazy on the 140k per week contract.

The great Ian Rush wants LFC to keep him, so someone of his stature must know what he's on about I guess.

Yeh, 24 sitters is more like it haha

• Like 1

For the reds here- Ter Stegan/ Hector/ Gotze all playing against Italy right now:

http://firstrows.ru/soccer/germany-vs-italy-frs130055?l=1603291737

Hail. 

I think you can add in that kid from Hoffenheim and MAYBE Granit X, depending on how much City are willing to pay, and that'll be that for the summer.  Total overhaul.  I can hardly wait.

Yeh, 24 sitters is more like it haha

Oh I'm giving him the half-off benefit of the doubt. :lol:

Edited by DC9

Volands on the bench so hopefully second half.

Hail.

Been watching Ter Stegen.

Interesting that Gotze returning to Dortmund was just brought up... "Thoughts are he wouldn't be well received" or words to that effect.

Pencil him in.  He'll be flying between Jo and I late June this year.

Man... every time I see Tony Kroos do that, I laugh at the fact that he was coming off the bench for Real the last time they won Champions League...

Another club whose support swear they "grow their own"... :lol:

• Like 2

For anyone that didn't watch .....

Ter Stegan had little to do. Came strongly and caught a few balls the area. Beaten by a big deflection. But his footwork was well dodgy which doesn't bode well. Hope he was just showboating. 

Hector. VERY good. Not as attack minded as Moreno, but picks his moments and supports well when he does. Very intelligent positional wise. Very strong in the air as you'd expect for his size. Simple, good passer of a ball who's tough the tackle. Just a real solid, defender, who, yer know, can frigging DEFEND! EVERYTHING Moreno never was. And capped it off with a very good first International goal which came from great support. Need to catch some Cologne games but he'll fit in superbly on that showing. 

Gotze. Had 60 odd minutes. Tidy. Kept it simple. Very good movement and interchanging with Muller. (Can we have him please? Lol, man, what a player and he's just getting better and better. Makes it look SO effortlessly wherever he plays.). But we know he's top notch already. 

Volland came on the last 10 but the game was dead by them so nottin' to really report on him. 

Germany won 4-1. Unlike Sat'day, they looked interested and sharp whilst still playing within themselves. When it REALLY matters, you still feel they'd snot England. Puts the weekend in perspective.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Vardy scores against the Dutch.  Service from Lallana.

It's not surprising that we (LFC) have to be leading Europe in assists right now.  Passing the ball was never our problem :lol:

Vardy and Lallana performed well over the two friendlies.

Generally expected sub par turn out for England tonight. However, other results tonight make our display on Saturday all the more impressive. At least tonight weeds out some dead wood whilst others cement their Euro places. That's what these games are for.

• Like 1

Gotze. Had 60 odd minutes. Tidy. Kept it simple. Very good movement and interchanging with Muller. (Can we have him please? Lol, man, what a player and he's just getting better and better. Makes it look SO effortlessly wherever he plays.). But we know he's top notch already. 

Flick that led to the 3rd goal was ridiculous.  So good they had to carry the defender off in a stretcher.  LITERALLY.  Thought he actually missed it, but just the thought of it ripped the knee of the defender up.  Very tasty.

Shoutout to Emre Can, who came in the play as the center mid the last 20 or so.

Vardy and Lallana performed well over the two friendlies.

Generally expected sub par turn out for England tonight. However, other results tonight make our display on Saturday all the more impressive. At least tonight weeds out some dead wood whilst others cement their Euro places. That's what these games are for.

Thought the ref got the pen right, just saw the replay... can't have your hands that far out, some on twitter made it sound like a robbery, but he wasn't THAT close... but that shove on Jagielka?  How do you let that one go?  That was ridiculous.

Flick that led to the 3rd goal was ridiculous.  So good they had to carry the defender off in a stretcher.  LITERALLY.  Thought he actually missed it, but just the thought of it ripped the knee of the defender up.  Very tasty.

Knew i'd forgotten something. Sublime. 

Look boss interchanging with Bobby and Phil in the real shade of red next year. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Knew i'd forgotten something. Sublime. 

Look boss interchanging with Bobby and Phil in the real shade of red next year. 

Hail. 

will he have to change his name to Gotzinho?

Gotzinhooooooo

Gotzinhooooooo

Ole', Ole', Ole'

• Like 1

Two things -

1)  If you haven't played 7 men vs 11 men on a full sized pitch, you haven't lived.  I turned 32 tonight but set my b-day aside for this match, but my team had 6 players that didn't show up.  So rather than use one of our forfeits (we get two for the season) we played it out.  Didn't take long to get to the "**** it, let's just have fun" stage.  Goal difference doesn't matter in this league, so we just went after it.  Got shredded on the counter of course, but two of my dudes who are brand new to the game learned a lot.  Could not have had a better situation for them to learn.  Saw them passing runs off to each other in the midfield and the defense... it was great.

But I'm gassed, man... thank goodness for 25 minute halves.

2)  When are you guys going to take my advice on the "Flamingo" song for Firmino?  There isn't a better base out there for a Bobby song.

Edited by DC9

Happy belated Birthday. (This mock drafting and scouting German targets is tiring. I was goosed last night man), 

Talking of being goosed, I now appreciate why I was'nt invited to make up your team. I'd of been dead after 10 minutes 7 verses 11 now. 

But it would of been the best darn 10 minutes you'd of gotten from anyone all year!  :D.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Happy belated Birthday. (This mock drafting and scouting German targets is tiring. I was goosed last night man), 

Talking of being goosed, I now appreciate why I was'nt invited to make up your team. I'd of been dead after 10 minutes 7 verses 11 now. 

But it would of been the best darn 10 minutes you'd of gotten from anyone all year!  :D.

Hail. 

You would've been welcomed last night.  I was calling dudes in who were like "My eyes are dialated, but I can stand there" and I said "YES, COME OUT!"

Been there, done that! Nothing more deflating that realizing that you are going to be turtling up and trying to hit them on a break. You also know you are going to be running all night....

Had a really good performance from our keeper.  The team we played against dropped down to 7 the last ten minutes and just sat deep.  We got a few back during that one but we were all well-smoked by then.

Is anyone else excited about Barcelona vs. RM this weekend?  Anyone think RM can win?

Can't see anyway  they beat Barca with the league on the line.  I'll watch it if it doesn't interfere with my usual line-up.

Reports suggest he would compete with Joe Hart for the #1 spot. Can't see it, Hart would be gone if he signs.

Yep!  Was just going to say - reports of 64 million!!!??? No way they bring him in for that much to sit on the bench (not while Sterling still sits there :P ).  And they can have him for that money.  Probably looking at 200k pounds a week, too.

Hart is as good as gone.  I'd take him on a free... I mean, the only team that really shreds him is us :lol:

Well at least Stegen is used to sitting on the bench during league games.

He was the number 1 target at keeper for us, but he isn't "the chosen one" or anything.  There are others out there who we can sign and improve.  Maybe even Joe Hart.