Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

hopefully not next week....

(Cazorla looks really good)

yeah, im looking forward to playing you guys tbh.

I just hope Wenger can get a signing in beforehand

Bradley went 90 for Roma today despite getting a yellow in the 12th. He rewarded his new team with an assit to tie the game in injury time. Great long pass and amazing finish by Lopez

http://youtu.be/kvN1keV9GRw?t=5m41s

he wasnt playing good today too, but that assist was great at the end.

Madrid lost today so SPLiga is now over. Also PSG havent won either.

So VCU won it's hosted tourney tonight. After the game VCU fans and the soccer team celebrated on the field jumping up and down singing "Glory Glory to Ramnation"(It's a remixed version for VCU) while champagne was flying and trophy held high over everyone. Pretty cool to see considering not too long ago VCU support for soccer was pretty rough. Now you hear songs and it's truly a great experience. Plus you don't see our team go down at home easily because the fans motivate them so much. After every game they come to personally thank every fan behind the goals after applauding the fans in the bleacher section. The coach comes from a soccer college so he was all smiles seeing his team run toward the supporter section when it broke in to the song. The song was only used for entrances where they would walk into the tunnel of fans who would march behind them then. Soon as the team heard it took off with the trophy and champagne to celebrate with the section. We know it's just a personal tourney trophy but tonight it really felt like we built a true tradition and our soccer stadium once really seemed like it was our home and not some neutral field like it use to be.

he wasnt playing good today too, but that assist was great at the end.

Madrid lost today so SPLiga is now over. Also PSG havent won either.

That is too bad. Even more surprising that he wasn't subbed out with a yellow in the books. Do you watch a lot of Roma? If you do I'd like to nominate you for weekly Bradley updates. TIA.

Can't believe that Liverpool - Man City game yesterday. Had them on the ropes and Skrtel gift-wraps a draw. Pretty solid effort by the Reds other than that though.

GHH - what do you think the odds are of a Dempsey transfer going through before the window closes?

Edited by TaylorPickSix

Only a matter of time TPS. Even if it goes to the deadline, Fulham aren't gona' have him sit and then sign for someone for free in January.

He'll be the owners big marque American signing. I'll be utterly shocked if he winds up anywhere else. And man are his goals needed.

And yeah, very frustrating day yesterday. Totally out played City for long periods and deserved far better. We gifted them both goals. What the Hell Reina though he was coming for heck only knows on the first goal. And even though that flap caught Kelly by surprise, he still should of been more alert to just web it clear. As for Skrtel, who was immense up to that point ..... there's a time to play, and a time not to play. 10 minutes to go, boxed in, belt it down the line if you have to. Playing it blind back to your keeper is not a good option. I think that was a symptom of Rodgers getting them to play their way out of defense in the style he wants. Which is fine at the right times. Other times, just clear the darn ball.

Real good overall showing. Allen, bar a 5 minute spell, was fantastic. Sterling lead the line brilliantly for a 17 year old. Tired late but that was to be expected. The signs are certainly there that it will be real good and exciting to watch in the way Rodgers wants them to play. But there's gona' be a lot of downs along the way ala the opening day whilst they fully adapt to that from what they've been used to. And I was REAL happy to see Coates in place of Agger, and Carragher not. I love Jamie to death, but I wouldn't even have him on the bench in a league game now. He never had any pace to start with. Now, with age, he's even less, and his positional sense has gone to **** the past 12 months that always did compensate and make him a great, old school center half. He's a complete liability out there now, so it was pleasing and telling as to the direction Brendans taking us that the younger guy got a shot. (Who looked pretty solid too.). Oh, what an outstanding goal from Suarez. Never a free kick to start with like (but we had a stonewall pen turned down so it evened out); but man what a strike. And then he goes and misses the chances he shouldn't again in open play. A frustrating genius.

Sahin's a good addition to the group, and Dempsey will bring much needed goals.

Things are slowly taking shape.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Real good overall showing. Allen, bar a 5 minute spell, was fantastic. Sterling lead the line brilliantly for a 17 year old. Tired late but that was to be expected. The signs are certainly there that it will be real good and exciting to watch in the way Rodgers wants them to play. But there's gona' be a lot of downs along the way ala the opening day whilst they fully adapt to that from what they've been used to. And I was REAL happy to see Coates in place of Agger, and Carragher not. I love Jamie to death, but I wouldn't even have him on the bench in a league game now. He never had any pace to start with. Now, with age, he's even less, and his positional sense has gone to **** the past 12 months that always did compensate and make him a great, old school center half. He's a complete liability out there now, so it was pleasing and telling as to the direction Brendans taking us that the younger guy got a shot. (Who looked pretty solid too.). Oh, what an outstanding goal from Suarez. Never a free kick to start with like (but we had a stonewall pen turned down so it evened out); but man what a strike. And then he goes and misses the chances he shouldn't again in open play. A frustrating genius.

Sahin's a good addition to the group, and Dempsey will bring much needed goals.

Things are slowly taking shape.

Hail.

I think Allen has been fantastic. He looks very comfortable on the ball and is a terrific passer. For such a little guy, he mixes it up and manages to break up a lot of plays. Any word on Lucas? I guess it will be Allen, Gerrard and Sahin for little while in the midfield. I love Sterling and I can't wait for the refs to start to respect him. If Dempsey comes, they will have a nice rotation at forward. Sorry, I know that this is all over the place...

The local paper tonight was saying they expect the results back tomorrow on Lucas, but fear it's a torn thigh muscle that could well lead to him being out for two months or so. Apparently, he did it in the pre-match warm-up. Which begs the question why you'd risk it in the game.

Real unlucky for Lucas if it is after what he's been through, but at least we've quality cover this season. With the best will in the World, Spearing, as hard as he works, is little more than a Championship standard player.

Hail.

My Arsenal analysis so far: they're not scoring goals because their speed of play in the att. third is at a snail's pace. Watch a United game in contrast, it's blazing. They need to pick it up.

Podolski looks good and taking a lot of initiative in ways that previous Arsenal strikers have not. Giroud had a helluva ballsy chance at the end of the game—I like that he's even thinking like that. Strikers take a while to settle.

In contrast, through two games the defense looks solid which has always been a problem.

If I were to base the whole season on two games, I'd say United win the league by 6 points. Citeh are so inconcsistent and they've been bailed out twice by last second goals.

That is too bad. Even more surprising that he wasn't subbed out with a yellow in the books. Do you watch a lot of Roma? If you do I'd like to nominate you for weekly Bradley updates. TIA.

I like Serie A period so I will see what I can do.

I am waiting for BeIN Sports to come to Comcast so I can ditch these p2p streams.

Wish bradley could have caught on to a premier league team, serie a is garbage

Amazing the fall off in that league over recent years. It's not too long ago that any decent player worth his salt wanted to play in Italy.

Now, they can't afford to pay top salaries, let alone compete with the fees or even attract top players bar the odd one.

Hail.

I like Serie A period so I will see what I can do.

I am waiting for BeIN Sports to come to Comcast so I can ditch these p2p streams.

If BeIN is smart, they'll do it right away. Xfinity(or Comcast) has a lot of subscribers on their sports pacckage. I'm glad Fox Soccer went to HD. Looks so much better watching EPL on Saturdays and Sundays in HD.

If BeIN is smart, they'll do it right away. Xfinity(or Comcast) has a lot of subscribers on their sports pacckage. I'm glad Fox Soccer went to HD. Looks so much better watching EPL on Saturdays and Sundays in HD.

Those Al-Jazeera cats know what they are doing. They made a deal with Comcast last week so its coming soon, but the fact that they gobbled all of these packages so quick shows they arent playing games.

They are doing online streaming as well. Its in HD.

---------- Post added August-27th-2012 at 11:52 PM ----------

Wish bradley could have caught on to a premier league team, serie a is garbage

its not garbage, its just not the same style of football for premiership fans. Its a completely different league but its been as exciting as the premiership the last couple of years, imo. Just lacks the star power.

and Bradley did try the premiership, McLeish told him to kick rocks and signed Jermaine Jenas.

Looking forward to taking you apart Sunday Elessar my good man.

What's the chances on a debut Sahin goal just to really make your day? :ols:

Hail.

God, scary enough, I can see Liverpool thrashing us this Sunday. I don't think Sczceny will be back and we still have our goal scoring issues to sort out.

---------- Post added August-28th-2012 at 08:41 AM ----------

Looking forward to taking you apart Sunday Elessar my good man.

What's the chances on a debut Sahin goal just to really make your day? :ols:

Hail.

God, scary enough, I can see Liverpool thrashing us this Sunday. I don't think Sczceny will be back and we still have our goal scoring issues to sort out.

Those Al-Jazeera cats know what they are doing. They made a deal with Comcast last week so its coming soon, but the fact that they gobbled all of these packages so quick shows they arent playing games.

They are doing online streaming as well. Its in HD.

---------- Post added August-27th-2012 at 11:52 PM ----------

its not garbage, its just not the same style of football for premiership fans. Its a completely different league but its been as exciting as the premiership the last couple of years, imo. Just lacks the star power.

and Bradley did try the premiership, McLeish told him to kick rocks and signed Jermaine Jenas.

We all saw how good a manager mcleish was lol.... match fixing is going to destroy that league... I used to love watching it, but its just too corrupt now

I watch a Serie A matches regularly and it's really unwatchable. But that's just my opinion. They are much more open to the long ball, ironically, than the top English teams now. The ball is in more 50/50 situations than really anywhere in Europe at the moment.

I watch a Serie A matches regularly and it's really unwatchable. But that's just my opinion. They are much more open to the long ball, ironically, than the top English teams now. The ball is in more 50/50 situations than really anywhere in Europe at the moment.

Couldn't agree more.

Serie A is at best the 4th best league in Europe now, which is real sad to see from what it was not too long ago. Lack of stars, lack of quality, continued off field problems with the vast majority of support overtly racist and far right, which is something Italians have never gotten a grip on; and corrupt as all Hell like most all Italian society from top to bottom.

That said, I still fully intend to take in a live Milan game in Milan (does Istanbul and Athens technically count?) this year. Something I've been aching to do since we formed a bond with them back in '89 and their wonderful gesture in Northern Italy during the Madrid European Cup semi 4 days after the worst day of my life in Sheffield. A bond that only grew stronger in 2005 and 2007 in Turkey and Greece respectively.

On similar lines, I was looking at the pots for Friday's Europa League draw. God forbid we pull either Napoli and have to return to that **** hole again; or Lazio in the group. Rome is a wonderful City. But when the footies on, avoid it like the plague. That said, Lazio like us too after 1984, so that might not be as bad as every time we've played Roma.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Youngster without feet invited to Barca

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4508586/Soccer-ace-11-with-no-feet-invited-to-train-with-Barcelona.html

Skilful schoolboy Gabriel Muniz, 11, amazed bosses after they saw him on TV and invited him to their summer academy.

And now the Spanish club have offered to fly the youngster, who lives in Brazil, to Spain to showcase his skills and meet his hero.

Talented Gabriel - who was born without feet - is one of the top players at his school and captain of his gym class

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4508586/Soccer-ace-11-with-no-feet-invited-to-train-with-Barcelona.html#ixzz24sNsXeC1

We all saw how good a manager mcleish was lol.... match fixing is going to destroy that league... I used to love watching it, but its just too corrupt now

its not just match fixing, I mean that has been in Italian football since it went professional.

Whats killing that league is that teams do not own their stadiums.

---------- Post added August-28th-2012 at 07:42 PM ----------

and because of how disorganized the ticketing process is fans would rather stay home and watch on TV.

Italian footballers are still the ballz tho. And Serie A is still the strongest league in the world on technical ability.

Italian footballers are still the ballz tho. And Serie A is still the strongest league in the world on technical ability.

I probably won't/can't argue too vehemently against this, but it doesn't really matter when how good the technical ability is of the whole league is when the tactics don't showcase it and it doesn't bear fruit (see Arsenal, ha ha). The Italian teams seem to be on a down cycle in Champions League and not really sure what they are doing in the Europa League. When you get all that talent on the national team and they have a cohesive style, mindset, with great decision makers then they are hard to stop.

I probably won't/can't argue too vehemently against this, but it doesn't really matter when how good the technical ability is of the whole league is when the tactics don't showcase it and it doesn't bear fruit (see Arsenal, ha ha). The Italian teams seem to be on a down cycle in Champions League and not really sure what they are doing in the Europa League. When you get all that talent on the national team and they have a cohesive style, mindset, with great decision makers then they are hard to stop.

I'd argue that the Spanish and La Liga, who's overall quality dwarfs any current League World Wide fro me; should stop laughing at that assertion, but meh, we don't want to get into another long line of debate again.

And that's from a guy who has more than a passing interest in the Italian game.

Hail.