Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

oh snap, I didnt realize you were a liverpool fan. It all makes sense with your views on Gerrard. (he was their worst midfielder on Saturday btw).

AS long you dont think Suarez is a world class player, then im ok with the Gerrard stuff.

Your still misguided views on Gerrard not withstanding ;); it's pretty hard to think of any that came out with much credit from Saturday. Reina, then I'm struggling. Steven, like most of them (understandably given the whole philosophy and system is changing from what's been previously drummed into them) didn't seem to know exactly what his role was 'sposed to be. Even Allen who's averse to what Rodgers wants was getting caught out in expecting what he's used to, only to see his teammates on a completely different wavelength.

Suarez has World class ability. But Conference class finishing. One of the most frustrating players I've ever known. Dempsey can't come soon enough.

So is this where I freak out like hell because my team loss? Alright here goes.... What the freakin does Man Utd thing is its doing? What kind of BS effort was that?!!! ...........eh it's one game. I've seen Man Utd lose a game. Not gonna get up in arms over a Utd losing on the road to a fairly good team.

Ohhh Richmond.

You were doing SO well until you called the blue ***** a 'fairly good team.'

That's when it all fell apart. :pfft:

Hail.

Ohhh Richmond.

You were doing SO well until you called the blue ***** a 'fairly good team.'

That's when it all fell apart. :pfft:

Hail.

eh any team that beats us has to be somewhat good. We may draw against some bad teams but we don't lose to them. Besides if I can remain calm when Utd choked away the title last year in the last weeks I think I can take a loss on the road at the beginning of the season :ols:

i am actually going to be at tonight's game... will anyone else be there?

We were originally planning to go, but can't bc boysetsfire is working late :(

Hopefully we will be there Aug 29 or September 15

What's with all the weeknight games this year?? Seems like a lot. Whoever made the MLS schedule this time around did an absolutely horrible job.

heard that too. i'm looking forward to him, after that turncloack Song left. What a ****. Have one good (not great) where you loft a few passes to RVP (who is having his best season).

I'm liking the midfield though: Diaby, Cazorla, Arteta, Wilshere (eventually), Sahin (eventually, heh heh), Walcott, Ox, and yes, even Arshavin.

I think for Arsenal that holding midfielder role is the linch-pin of the whole thing— we need someone good back there so all this attacking talent can roam more freely. Petit, Viera, Flamini, Song, that old Brazilian guy—that role is key. But as someone astutely pointed out about Song: he's not a defensive midfielder, he's just our MOST defensive midfielder. I hope Frimpong figures out how to play. We need that hard man in midfield like a Makalele.

Look's like the word on the street was right after all.

We've agreed a season long loan with Madrid, subject to a medical.

Hail.

Looks like Rooney will be out for 4 weeks. He had an ugly deep gash on his leg.

Two games into the season and we've lost Rooney for probably a month. The rest of the team better step up. It's not a devastating blow but it definitely hurts losing a player of his caliber early on. At least we lost him early rather than late in the season when every single thing can determine whether you'll be getting a chance to lift the cup or not.

Two games into the season and we've lost Rooney for probably a month. The rest of the team better step up. It's not a devastating blow but it definitely hurts losing a player of his caliber early on. At least we lost him early rather than late in the season when every single thing can determine whether you'll be getting a chance to lift the cup or not.

Agreed, Rooney gone for a month is a loss, but what we need is our defense to get healthy. We have the fire power for to continue scoring goals, but we need to actually start a game where one of our starting central defenders is not our central midfielder.

Blackpool look like the team to beat in the Championship this year. They demolished Ipswich today. Somehow Blackburn sit in 2nd after playing mediocre from what I've read. I really have to be careful of what I read and cross reference sources because the Kean Out crowd complain for complaints sake, even when the results are going Rovers way. I did manage to catch a feed today for 15 minutes. They looked ok starting the 2nd half, and then Scott Dann played a horrible back pass to Robinson which one of the Leicester players intercepted (can't remember the fella who got it) and it was an easy goal. Pedersen saved the day, which I think is kind of appropriate considering Shebby's comments a couple weeks ago.

Edited by Old Bay

I would have assumed if a United striker went down, it would have beeb RvP...