Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

LOL @ Manchester today.

ManUre - the side who ESPN anointed group winner and 'dark horse' candidates to win the UCL - lose to PSV and look really bad in doing so.  They had to resort to straight Route 1 football with Fellaini as the target for the last 25 minutes of the game.  Yeah, they have any shot in Europe.

ManCiteh was even funnier.  All the talk about finishing top of group,  semi-finalists to be (or even some have winning) lose at home to Juve, and were completely outclassed in that one as well.  And just to rub it in, KDBs replacement in Wolfsburg, Julian Draxler, scores the winner for them.

Can't wait to see that wanker little Stevie Nichol tonight on ESPNFC explain how these clubs 'just don't take this competition seriously, that's why the lose'.  My arse.

La Rochelle sorry on Frisay. Bergerac tomorrow. Then Bordeaux. Then La Rochelle.

Should be a very tidy little trip.

Hail.

I spent 12 years in La Rochelle the city of the 4 harbors. It's a couple of hours away from Bordeaux, I recommend you to hang around in the old harbor area. You'll find plenty of cork pulling places. ;)

One tipical local liquor I recommend you is Pineau des Charentes Rosé (the common one is white), it's a combo of Rosé wine and Cognac. Serve it before meal (apéritif) with ice cubes, be aware, since it's a combo of 2 liquors it can knock you off after a few shots.

http://brooklynguyloveswine.blogspot.fr/2008/01/pineau-des-charentes.html

Locals love to serve it to Parisians by summer time. It tastes very good, served with ice. They keep on filling their glasses with the refreshing drink, but when they try to get their asses off the chair they usually lose their balance and roll on the floor.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

I spent 12 years in La Rochelle the city of the 4 harbors. It's a couple of hours away from Bordeaux, I recommend you to hang around in the old harbor area. You'll find plenty of cork pulling places. ;)

One tipical local liquor I recommend you is Pineau des Charentes Rosé (the common one is white), it's a combo of Rosé wine and Cognac. Serve it before meal (apéritif) with ice cubes, be aware, since it's a combo of 2 liquors it can knock you off after a few shots.

http://brooklynguyloveswine.blogspot.fr/2008/01/pineau-des-charentes.html

Locals love to serve it to Parisians by summer time. It tastes very good, served with ice. They keep on filling their glasses with the refreshing drink, but when they try to get their asses off the chair they usually lose their balance and roll on the floor.

Man, I love my kids, but I am looking forward to when they are grown and my wife and I can start traveling. We are going to go all over Europe. I want to stay for a month at a time in various areas and just live there. Of course hitting England and taking in an Everton game. Ireland, Portugal, French countryside, Germany, etc.

La Rochelle looks gorgeous.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Still at least 50/50 to see if Pep leaves.  Lots of folks on Bayern boards would be happy to see him go.

I'm all for Klopp running a side that will need some new blood after this season.  We will see.

Man, I love my kids, but I am looking forward to when they are grown and my wife and I can start traveling. We are going to go all over Europe. I want to stay for a month at a time in various areas and just live there. Of course hitting England and taking in an Everton game. Ireland, Portugal, French countryside, Germany, etc.

Ya, I hear Blackburn is ever so nice to visit...

Just thought I'd jump in to say I'm not gone, but nothing really to report outside of 6 games in, no wins and 3 points.  That's good relegation form.

Tell me before you plan to go, I have even much gorgeous places to recommend you. If you need any advice, information please pm me.

• Like 1

Premier league means way much more £.

Winning the CL is worth €37 mil, LFC got €120 mil in 2014 for premier league TV rights.

I'm concerned about GHH's health in wineland :unsure::)

If I know my brother, he's never met a bottle or an Italian girl he didn't like.

• Like 2

Didn't think Bordeaux were anything special to be honest.  Some sloppy defending on both sides created the best chances.  Neither club was really doing anything to threaten.

If Ings ever puts it all together he's going to be tremendous for LFC.  I really like Jordan Rossiter.  Noticably different in the midfield when he came off and the goal was scored by the player he was marking most of the match.

Didn't think Bordeaux were anything special to be honest.  Some sloppy defending on both sides created the best chances.  Neither club was really doing anything to threaten.

If Ings ever puts it all together he's going to be tremendous for LFC.  I really like Jordan Rossiter.  Noticably different in the midfield when he came off and the goal was scored by the player he was marking most of the match.

So, here's my legit questions to you and all Pool fans - what happened to all that money you spent the last 3 years (about 300 million Euro)?  

Is playing Bordeaux to a draw acceptable to you?

Would finishing #6 in EPL be ok with you?

You sold Suarez and other top players and seem to have only mid-level players to replace.  Do you feel the same?