Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Why does it need changing? (and I'm not) (but boysetsfire is)

He decided to play for Honduras instead of the US. But since (I assume) you care about how Honduras does, no need to change it. He is a real talent and I am not over the fact that he won't be running down the wing for the national team.

I'm thinking about going to the game this weekend as well

Yea just let us know if you end up going

He decided to play for Honduras instead of the US. But since (I assume) you care about how Honduras does, no need to change it. He is a real talent and I am not over the fact that he won't be running down the wing for the national team.

Funny you should say that...

a2c2rs.jpg

That is me at a DCU game 2 summers ago, right after Andy got a goal. Sign reads "We love you Andy" with a US flag.

I'm not bitter, though. Never really believed he'd choose the US over Honduras. Especially considering there was no guarantee he'd get his citizenship in the short term, or even a spot on the US national team.

^^^LOL my g/f and I were at that game with Ren and boysetsfire. Remember that? I'm probably blocked in that picture by Ren's sign. I was standing right behind you guys

Haha and I think that was the Galaxy game. If so, I also had a thank you Landon and Edson sign. Surprised I didn't get punched bringing that into the Barra.

Haha and I think that was the Galaxy game. If so, I also had a thank you Landon and Edson sign. Surprised I didn't get punched bringing that into the Barra.

Yea it was the Galaxy game right after Landon got back from the World Cup. Haha I remember you had to hide it behind the Andy Najar sign because when we got to our seats one of the Barra was like "what the hell does that sign say?!"

Refs love handing out cards, even if Chelsea goes through they'll be missing Terry and Ramires for the championship.

To be fair Terry deserved a red - you just can't do that in the modern game. You would have been lucky to get away with it in the 70's.

Backs to the wall for the second half fior Chelsea - they HAVE to try to defend higher up the pitch ......

Edited by MartinC

To be fair Terry deserved a red - you just can't do that in the modern game. You would have been lucky to get away with it in the 70's.

Backs to the wall for the second half fior Chelsea - they HAVE to try to defend higher up the pitch ......

Oh yeah when you knee someone like that it's a auto RED.

Chelsea's hope is going turtle and play the long ball.

---------- Post added April-24th-2012 at 04:01 PM ----------

are you guys streaming the game anywhere?

http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/115978_barcelona_chelsea/

Edited by SkinInsite

Dangerous tackle from Lampard, lucky he's not send off.

50 Million dollar man Torres steps on for Drogba.

It was 50 million pounds - so circa 75 million dollars.

If Chelsea can hang on for another 5 minutes it will be a remarkable achievement .

When Messi misses a PK you know that it's just not meant to be for Barcelona...

It did seem that it was Chelsea's night - but even then to come back from 2-0 down and with 10 men to claw back and then hang on was a great effort and they showed real desire and spirit.

We will probably have both underdogs playing the final. If Bayern qualifies, the Germans will have the homefield advantage and Chelsea will miss Terry, Mereiles, and Ramires.

Edited by FrFan

We will probably have both underdogs playing the final. If Bayern qualifies, the Germans will have the homefield advantage and Chelsea will miss Terry, Mereiles, and Ramires.

Terry, Mereiles and Ivanovich are the guys who will be suspended for the final. Cahill might not be fit either if it's a hamstring pull he had.

They can manage without Mereiles and Ivanovich as they have cover for them - but sorting the centre defense positions is going to be a challenge.

Edited by MartinC

Terry, Mereiles and Ivanovich are the guys who will be suspended for the final. Cahill might not be fit either if it's a hamstring pull he had.

They can manage without Mereiles and Ivanovich as they have cover for them - but sorting the centre defense positions is going to be a challenge.

You're right I forgot Branislav Ivanovic, 4 to 5 players missing that's a lot, but quite an interesting challenge. I hope the substitutes will fit in, and that we will have a very good game to watch.

Edited by FrFan

Depressing night. Barcelona have nobody but themselves to blame over the two legs.

Now here's to Munich tomorrow night, and again in the final on their own turf. (Thought that was NEVER gona' happen again UEFA after '84? ..... 28 years later ..... )

Bayern winning a 4th European Cup, beating the rent boys in the process; and Bob remaining as the only manager to win 3 will be a sweet end to the season.

Hail.

Depressing night. Barcelona have nobody but themselves to blame over the two legs.

Now here's to Munich tomorrow night, and again in the final on their own turf. (Thought that was NEVER gona' happen again UEFA after '84? ..... 28 years later ..... )

Bayern winning a 4th European Cup, beating the rent boys in the process; and Bob remaining as the only manager to win 3 will be a sweet end to the season.

Hail.

I can't cheer against an English team whoever it is - apart from Man Utd, you have to draw a line somewhere!

I expect Real Madrid to go through which would make things interesting .....