Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

DC with an emphatic 4-1 win tonight. Should have been 7-1 but 3 points is 3 points!

What a great game last night. Got completely showered with beer and my voice is gone...but we laid a smack down on Dallas and that's all that matters. Like you said, the score could have been worse. If DeRo's goal would have gone in that would have been goal of the year

Edited by Skinz4Life12

What a great game last night. Got completely showered with beer and my voice is gone...but we laid a smack down on Dallas and that's all that matters. Like you said, the score could have been worse. If DeRo's goal would have gone in that would have been goal of the year

Glad you got to go! Wish we coulda been there because that win was therapeutic!!! Awesome to see them finally rack up some goals, and I'm really liking DeLeon.

Glad you got to go! Wish we coulda been there because that win was therapeutic!!! Awesome to see them finally rack up some goals, and I'm really liking DeLeon.

I'm loving DeLeon. Cruz played awesome too. It makes me wonder where they are going to stick Najar when he comes back.

I'm planning on going to next week's game too. The only thing that could derail that plan is family that is visiting from India who I haven't seen in years (my Aunt married and Indian guy and they moved to India)

I'm loving DeLeon. Cruz played awesome too. It makes me wonder where they are going to stick Najar when he comes back.

I'm planning on going to next week's game too. The only thing that could derail that plan is family that is visiting from India who I haven't seen in years (my Aunt married and Indian guy and they moved to India)

Yea Najar and Pontius both have some competition now.

Well you know we will be there so hit us up if you plan to go!

I thought the Liverpool fans here might enjoy this. Despite being Manchester United I can appreciate the tradition of the song not to mention the Celtic Woman being awesome.(I guess its because I wasn't born into the hate of Liverpool being American and all lol)

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Congrats Utd on a 20th title. Heck of an achievement.

*See, I can be magnanimous and gracious.

Hail.

I thank you sir. Its definitely nice to see this when we're getting the Scum United and stuff from others. Amazing how this team came together after all the rough patches and such. I tell ya though things will be getting tougher next year just looking at the league this year. I wonder about Liverpool after how things went down this year.

Edit: Fulham's Dempsey just scored to tie against Chelsea. Always nice seeing our American players score :)

Meh, this leagues not strong at all. And I mean that as no slight as you can only beat what's in front of you. And Utd yet again have done that in style when it matters most.

Outside of Utd and City, with the obscene amount of cash they have behind them, there is no serious challenge. Chelsea are an ageing mess in need of a serious overhaul. Arsenal will continue to flatter to deceive so long as Wenger refuses to change the way he does things. Admirable, and the best team to watch bar none on their day. But a club like Arsenal needs silverware. And 'Spurs will always be 'Spurs. They'll continue to **** up when you least expect it and fall a ways short. As for Liverpool ..... I'll leave that before I go into a rant. Let's just say the potentials there for a domestic cup double this year, yet L'pool have regressed badly the longer the years gone on. We're as far away from even challenging for the league as at any time in the last 22 years since #18.

Frustratingly, as I don't think this is a particularly strong squad for a Ferguson squad; Utd will have little outside their neighbours to worry about next year.

---------- Post added April-9th-2012 at 07:30 PM ----------

Edit: Fulham's Dempsey just scored to tie against Chelsea. Always nice seeing our American players score :)

Seeing as you mentioned him, here's the best of his two strikes from Saturday at Bolton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egdgpmtC5eE

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Yea I wish I could go to that game. Ren/Boysetsfire and I stayed dry at the game on Saturday. I think the beer will be flying over the next two games.

I can't wait until my next midterms are over so I can go to another game. Probably gonna go to the houston dynamo game on the 28th

Edited by Skinz4Life12

I'll be up next Wednesday for the DCU-MTL game with some friends. Can't wait.

You should come to a Saturday or Sunday game and tailgate with us. Only no talk of the CAA if skinz4life is present :)

---------- Post added April-10th-2012 at 03:23 PM ----------

Yea I wish I could go to that game. Ren/Boysetsfire and I stayed dry at the game on Saturday. I think the beer will be flying over the next two games.

I can't wait until my next midterms are over so I can go to another game. Probably gonna go to the houston dynamo game on the 28th

Yea that was such a bummer. Especially with such a great supporters crowd that night.

You should come to a Saturday or Sunday game and tailgate with us. Only no talk of the CAA if skinz4life is present :)

:ols:I'm done with the CAA for now. Then again the way things are sounding GMU and VCU could be done with them for good pretty soon.

----

Right now I work a lot of weekends. However, I'm leaving that job very soon so then I'll be able to make some weekend games. Usually my weekend soccer games are Kicker games since I usually make it out of work in time for their games. In the past I would take off certain Saturdays/Sundays to come up.

Well, Wolves have been down for weeks. So I guess your looking at 2 from 4. Wigan have found some form from somewhere, and if that momentum continues then it'll go right to the last day between Blackburn, Bolton and QPR.

Terrible night for Blackburn last night. They won't get many better chances to get all 3 points. To come away with nothing was disastrous.

I'd like to think it will give L'pool a confidence boost for the weekend. But still travelling to London more in hope than expectation, as I fear a blue ***** win.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Great article on Nasri on ESPN (wow. some real journalism for a change)

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/7795786/michael-cox-samir-nasri-ending-season-manchester-city-low-note

Samir Nasri still not good enough

Manchester City's title hopes effectively ended at the Emirates on Sunday. For Samir Nasri, returning to his old club, it was a particularly painful way to lose the title.

Nasri has appeared at the stadium three times in 2011-12. The first occasion was on the first day of the season, still in an Arsenal shirt. Arsene Wenger had an injury crisis, and even though Nasri was about to depart, Wenger had to play him. He was booed by his own fans.

my company gets two sets of DCU season tickets and someone couldn't use theirs for Wednesday's game.

I told them that since I had already been to a game with the tickets to let someone else go, but if no one claimed them then I would take them.

Well, they just gave them to me anyways. I really should be working on a project that night but I think I'm going to head to the game straight from work. Vamos!

I wouldn't count City out of the title chase just yet. All it's going to take is one tie or loss by United and for City to beat United at home on the 30th. Crazy how an 8 point lead a week ago is down to only 2 points. Even crazier is how City looks like a completely different team the past two games compared to the team that was dominated by Arsenal last Saturday.

my company gets two sets of DCU season tickets and someone couldn't use theirs for Wednesday's game.

I told them that since I had already been to a game with the tickets to let someone else go, but if no one claimed them then I would take them.

Well, they just gave them to me anyways. I really should be working on a project that night but I think I'm going to head to the game straight from work. Vamos!

Yeah I got me +4 coming Wednesday. We're just gonna get our tickets at the stadium. I'm hoping to see a new scarf to get. We're all pumped as hell for the game.

I'm waiting for the Richmond Kicker FC game vs rival Charleston tonight. We're playing at Charleston which is a hard game but man it would be a great win.

Italian Serie B player collapses, but dies on the field. May he R.I.P

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/7812998/piermario-morosini-italian-league-livorno-dies-midgame-cardiac-arrest

MILAN -- Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini died Saturday after suffering cardiac arrest and collapsing on the field during a Serie B match at Pescara. He was 25.

Edoardo De Blasio, a cardiologist at Pescara's Santo Spirito hospital, confirmed the death.

"Unfortunately, he was already dead when he arrived at hospital," De Blasio said. "He didn't regain consciousness."

Morosini, who was on loan from Udinese, fell to the ground in the 31st minute of the match and tried unsuccessfully to get up several times before receiving medical attention on the field.

A defibrillator was used on the player, who also had his heart massaged, before an ambulance arrived on the field. He was taken to the hospital where doctors tried to revive him for more than an hour.

A consultant in the hemodynamics department at the hospital, who was watching the game and rushed to help before the ambulance arrived, said Morosini never regained consciousness.