Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Wait, WHAT?!!!!!!

I'm the better looking, funnier older one who's dulcet Scouse tones has woman swooning the World over. (Something about gals and accents.).

Yet just because he's an all American hero who can kill a man with one finger he gets all the love!

Pah, screw yers all! Moma knows I'm the best and that's ALL that counts!

Hail.

Mom still talks about when that girl stole her Donnie Hathaway albums.  Don't go there or I'll bing it all out.

And we'll know I'm BR's favorite when he starts Skrtel and Lovren on Saturday.  :P

• Like 1

Well damn it. 

I was hoping Arsenal or Tottenham were going to waste £ 20 plus million on Griezmann.

The Southampton Exodus continues in talks with Spurs for the transfer of Morgan Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez reportedly for 40+ million.

Maybe yuse can just stack all the money up in front of goal as an impenetrable barrier and hope to stay up that way? 

Being scouse went out with the Beatles...sorry bro

Now if you were from where that new English boy band thing is from then maybe the ladies would love you

Wait, WHAT?!!!!!

The Beatles 'went out?!!!!!' When did this happen?

Well Hell, keep that close to your chest because if your fellow Americans find out we'll loose a **** load in yearly tourist revenue. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Divock Origi becomes #LFC’s sixth signing of the summer so far… #OrigiLFC pic.twitter.com/s1WSSofZw2

BtuTof9CQAE9qO8.png

"Origi arrives at Anfield having been tracked by the club since his days playing for the Belgian U15 national team."

^Quote from the LFC press release

Right, that's why they waited until after the World Cup so they could pay about 4 times the fee they would have paid before...

• Like 2

The Southampton Exodus continues in talks with Spurs for the transfer of Morgan Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez reportedly for 40+ million.

Serge Gnabry might be coming over from Arsenal on loan. He's young but I like him. Fast, good dribbler.

^Quote from the LFC press release

Right, that's why they waited until after the World Cup so they could pay about 4 times the fee they would have paid before...

You have no idea what it's like having scouts in your parking lot waiting to see who comes in for a visit. 

Misdirection is key in this business. 

Strong signing Red Men!

Now hopefully he plays for us this year.

You have no idea what it's like having scouts in your parking lot waiting to see who comes in for a visit. 

Misdirection is key in this business. 

Strong signing Red Men!

Now hopefully he plays for us this year.

Do you know something I don't lil' bro'?

He looked REAL raw and FAR from Premiership ready the WC. 

You're looking at a 2 year project at least here. He's already spending this season at Lille. Then when he finally arrives in 2015 you reassess and either loan him again, or he makes a massive leap this year bring him into the squad. Then you're looking at another year for him to adapt to the English game and learn what's expected of him under BR and his system. 

Nothing more than a £ 6 million flyer on a future prospect that hopefully translates into the full £ 10 million and full initial 5 years and more. 

The search for a striker for the present continues .....

Hail. 

I think Origi showed massive potential. Pace, strength, technical ability, vision, finishing accuracy. He flashed it all.

Where we watching different Belgium games?

He looked what he is to me. An exceptionally raw 19 year old with a mere one full season in France under his belt and 56 career games experience. Hell, he only made his debut for the Belgium Under 21's this year and was so much of a surprise WC selection most all the Belgium players where openly saying they'd never even heard of him. (Allegedly to stop Kenya persuading him to plump for them. Similar to the Julain Green US situation.). 

He'd get eaten alive if he was thrown in at Premiership level right now. 

Nothing to get excited about here for me. 

Hail. 

Where we watching different Belgium games?

I don't believe we were. I wasn't insinuating he dominated play or anything. He certainly looked raw but he certainly flashed, though. There's no denying that. One of the better true young CF prospects I saw over the course of the past year, for sure. Quite jealous the reds managed to snag him as well as Markovic.

We have a similar promising player in Campbell coming back into the squad this season. Hoping Wenger will give him a good run this year. If not in the Prem, in the league cup and FA.

I don't believe we were. I wasn't insinuating he dominated play or anything. He certainly looked raw but he certainly flashed, though. There's no denying that. One of the better true young CF prospects I saw over the course of the past year, for sure. Quite jealous the reds managed to snag him as well as Markovic.

We have a similar promising player in Campbell coming back into the squad this season. Hoping Wenger will give him a good run this year. If not in the Prem, in the league cup and FA.

Joel Campbell? Maybe as a winger with his pace but he's not making it at the top level as a centre forward. At best he gives you enthusiasm off the bench but I'm surprised Arsenal are still persevering there TBH. 

Markovic I honestly can't comment on as I'd not so much as heard of him when he signed. I sincerely hope you're right on Origi but he's a LONG way to go for me before he can even be considered bringing into the first team squad.  

Hail. 

Joel Campbell? Maybe as a winger with his pace but he's not making it at the top level as a centre forward. At best he gives you enthusiasm off the bench but I'm surprised Arsenal are still persevering there TBH. 

If last season was any evidence at all, AFC need depth on the wings. As soon as Walcott and Ramsey went down, we had no pace on the flanks because we had to move the Ox into central midfield.

And on the whole "Campbell won't cut it as a CF in the Prem", I don't see why they shouldn't at least give him a try.. He's 5'10'' and fairly strong with some great technical ability and a deadly left foot. I think he'd surely beat the hell out of Yaya F****** Sanogo up there backing up Giroud.

He's been on loan on Ligue 1 and La Liga right 2 of the last 3 years and had almost as abysmal record as Altidore has every time he's played in a major league. (Artistic license used in calling France a 'major' league.). Many is the player who've shone during a WC (and he didn't really shine for me. Bags of enthusiasm with little end product); and done next to nothing before or after it. 

I hope for your sake he does turn into something but Joel Campbell is FAR from the consistent quality Arsenal need and is needed to be productive at the top level. And at 22 he should be showing that now if he had it. 

I have a feeling we could revisit this in a few years and he'll be back playing in Costa Rica or the like but time will tell. 

Hail. 

Your assessment is a bit harsh. After that first match vs Uruguay, Costa Rica relied a bit too heavily on him, which didn't suit him as ball retention is far from his greatest asset. I think he will provide a spark off the bench and prove to be quite useful in terms of depth in the FW department.

And by the way, he played at Lorient (Ligue 1) 3 seasons ago, Real Betis (Liga BBVA) 2 seasons ago, and Olympiakos (Greek Superleague) this past season.

Edited by RawBBQSauce

I think Origi showed massive potential. Pace, strength, technical ability, vision, finishing accuracy. He flashed it all.

His one goal? this goes back to my argument that a striker has to score goals at whatever level he plays at. Origi has 9 goals in 56 professional appearances, 11 of which are with Lille B. Compare this to, heck, Luis Suarez younger years—all he does is score goals. Same with Aguero. 

I found him and Lukaku disappointing in the WC. HOWEVER, I'll be the first to say tournaments are an inaccurate barometer of player ability. But Lukaku was disappointing at the WC but played well for Everton, so who knows.

• Like 1

I'd fancy my chances of scoring in Greece. Shrugs. 

His one goal? this goes back to my argument that a striker has to score goals at whatever level he plays at. Origi has 9 goals in 56 professional appearances, 11 of which are with Lille B. Compare this to, heck, Luis Suarez younger years—all he does is score goals. Same with Aguero. 

I found him and Lukaku disappointing in the WC. HOWEVER, I'll be the first to say tournaments are an inaccurate barometer of player ability. But Lukaku was disappointing at the WC but played well for Everton, so who knows.

Lukaku's just pace and power to me with little else the more I see him. Same as Benteke who would of lead Belgiums line where it not for injury. And he got found out second season before he went down. 

I actually really hope Everton get him as I can't see him doing as well this season. 

Hail. 

You fellas are harsh on these youngsters. I'm not saying these players are world-beaters I'm just saying that they have flashed great potential and could end up making real impacts for their respective squads.

If you want to degrade their abilities/accomplishments, so be it. I'll stick to admiring and rooting for them.

As I said, I'd like to see Campbell get a shot after watching Yaya Sanogo flop around on the pitch for the second half of last year and fail to produce a single moment of quality vs BOREHAM WOOD (a club in the ****ing Conference South) last week.

Yeah I agree there

Sanogo is one of the oddest moving athletes I've seen in any sport