Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

So Liverpool got Emre Can? Nice. Like him. Will fit wel as a more defending central midfielder.

Only they go way to young at the midfield i.m.o. They need to add somebody with experience. Every midfielder (not named Gerrard) is under 25 already.

I was in Barcelona (not the stadium). Fans where going crazy. At one point I thought somebody would grab his beer and throw it at the telly in the pub. XD

That Jordy Classie fellow any good?

In a scale of complete bs to flat out lies how reliable is the Daily Express? I still maintain theres no way United sign Kroos who is just trying to fatten his salary

I try to ignore the transfer rumors, it helps me sleep better at night...

• Like 1

I try to ignore the transfer rumors, it helps me sleep better at night...

Miguel Delaney has been on it too so it may not be completely fabricated but it still feels farfetched. Great buy if it happens I don't remember the last midfielder United had that didn't look scared pantsless on the ball with opponents near him. We still need some metal in midfield and that suffered a bit of a blow with that Portuguese lad saying he's remaining at Sporting.

In a scale of complete bs to flat out lies how reliable is the Daily Express? I still maintain theres no way United sign Kroos who is just trying to fatten his salary

It's a tabloid that thinks its a broadsheet from the same stable as the Daily Star.

I've as much chance as picking the next United signing as they have.

Hail.

That Jordy Classie fellow any good?

Personally I like him but he is a mismatch in Premier League. He doesn´t have enough body to play defensive midfielder in the Premier league and not enough attacking skill (dribble and shot ar oke, not really great) to be a real threat on that side of the pitch. 

He does have a very good vision and can make very nice passes. He is a vacuum cleaner and distribution depot. His style of play compares to Xavie Alonso. 

Although he may not bite into the tackle like some of the other defensive midfielders in this list, Alonso’s main role for club and country - when selected by Spain – is to sit in front of the back four, win back possession and find the attackers. A real leader, there are few finer sights in the game than Alonso spraying long range passes right and left, and he gets in his fair share of tackles, too.

Hope Derby beats QPR for promotion.

I'm with you 100%. I don't actively dislike many people, and very few I have never actually met or had 1-2-1 interaction with. Harry Rednknapp is part of a very exclusive club in that respect. I was so relieved he did not get the England managers job.

As for QPR - a club that tried to buy its way out of relegation trouble (a higher wage bill than Atletico Madrid!!) and having learned nothing buy promotion as well. If they don't get promotion they will be in a world of trouble financially. When they were relegated the club was already £177M in debt and I would assume that number has gone up after a year in the Championship. 

The Daily Express is an excellent newspaper if, and only if, your sole interest is conspiracy theories about the death of Princess Diana. 

Edited by MartinC
  • Like 2

what is the best place for transfer rumors/information? i get the feeling that ESPN is late to the game on most things soccer...

nobody! Especially for the big clubs. Most websites of twitter handles will link as many players to a big club as possible. That way they increase their chances of being right. They may get one right, but they will get twenty wrong...

nobody! Especially for the big clubs. Most websites of twitter handles will link as many players to a big club as possible. That way they increase their chances of being right. They may get one right, but they will get twenty wrong...

hmmmm.... anyone on twitter that is a LFC insider like our insiders?

hmmmm.... anyone on twitter that is a LFC insider like our insiders?

Try Tony Barrett. No idea on his twitter handle but let's just say knowing him we've done quote well over the years with beneficial early tips.

What he gives out on twitter I don't know but he's a sound lad Tony. Works for 'The Times' now.

Hail.

• Like 1

I'm with you 100%. I don't actively dislike many people, and very few I have never actually met or had 1-2-1 interaction with. Harry Rednknapp is part of a very exclusive club in that respect. I was so relieved he did not get the England managers job.

As for QPR - a club that tried to buy its way out of relegation trouble (a higher wage bill than Atletico Madrid!!) and having learned nothing buy promotion as well. If they don't get promotion they will be in a world of trouble financially. When they were relegated the club was already £177M in debt and I would assume that number has gone up after a year in the Championship. 

I couldn't believe it when they bought Charlie Austin off Burnley.

what is the best place for transfer rumors/information? i get the feeling that ESPN is late to the game on most things soccer...

Depends on the club you support. Most of the big ones have their "skinsiders" you just have to find them but it's hard because 90% of the people posting transfer rumors on twitter know less than F all.

Isn't Diego Costa a formality at this point?

If you want to see a fistfight between he and John Terry. 

The way Costa tried to square up Terry and intimidate was bush-league. Apparently that's Costa's calling card, physical altercations. But then again I have no idea who makes the decisions for Chelsea, or even why. Still haven't got the memo on Lukaku. 

I guess I don't see what the big deal with Costa is, never wowed by his play and I really don't want his chemistry, or "alchemy," on the club. 

The way Costa tried to square up Terry and intimidate was bush-league. Apparently that's Costa's calling card, physical altercations. But then again I have no idea who makes the decisions for Chelsea, or even why. Still haven't got the memo on Lukaku. 

I guess I don't see what the big deal with Costa is, never wowed by his play and I really don't want his chemistry, or "alchemy," on the club. 

I'm with you on Costa I was not very impressed with him. That said he is the type of centre forward that Chelsea need for their system - a big physical guy who can play with his back to goal, hold the ball up and has the technique to bring other players in around him.

In other news Ashley Cole is leaving apparently. His contract is up and Chelsea don't seem to want to offer him an extension. He'd be a good pick up for someone on a free (though his wage demands will no doubt be an issue for many clubs) - if you can tolerate his arrogance and general attitude.

Edited by MartinC

I think he's a great player but if I was throwing money at anyone on that team it'd be Koke. Miranda and Mario Suarez would be terrific buys too so naturally I hope Chelsea stay away from them.

To sack the 'Chosen One', hand picked by his predecessor (a man who ANYONE would of struggled to follow. Not least with the poor squad he left behind. Champions or not); before the season was out is the very definition of a 'panic move' however you dress it up.

No question Moyes is a clueless dope but to not even give him the full season at least after you'd hired him in a 6 year deal? ..... That just makes Utd look like A N Other average nomark club. Rodgers was 7th with no silverware his first season .....

I actually think Tottenham sniffing around Van Gaal forced the Glaziers to panic and move as there's next to nothing of note free this summer.

Hail.

Rogers didn't inherit the league champions (not to say he inherited a bad squad) but more importantly it was evident very quickly that the players bought into him. IMO Moyes lost the dressing room to a degree that put the whole thing past the point of repair. No doubt Fergie pulled a Pogba (i might try to get that coined) when he chose Moyes but the bottom line is that it was inherently broken. What choice was there at that point?

I think he's a great player but if I was throwing money at anyone on that team it'd be Koke. Miranda and Mario Suarez would be terrific buys too so naturally I hope Chelsea stay away from them.

Eh, I seemingly come away impressed with all of the young Belgium talent. That's who I really want, would throw money at. 

There's just been an explosion of really talented young guys from there, in recent years. In fact, I think those boys are going to show up big-time in the World Cup.

We've got Hazard already in the fold, but Courtois is coming on next year - I'd bet on it, as to why the hell Lukaku wasn't there this past season, IDK. 

In fact, I wanted to go after Benteke during the transfer window last year. I envisioned Benteke to combo with Lukaku, each drawing and pulling defenses to over adjust and letting at least one get some space. It couldn't have been any worse than what we ended up with. 

That Januzaj kid looks really promising, I like him. And Mirallas also looks good. 

The more I watch them, the more I don't see either Benteke or Lukaku as top end forwards.

Bentekes been another in a LONG line of 1 season foreign wonders. (Even before the injury he got found out.). They are both just big, powerful players with little else to their game who really solely on their size.

Everton are welcome to Lukaku and honestly Monk, there is NO comparison between him and Costa. But hey, if you don't want the Spaniard we'll happily take him.

Hail.