Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I am not from Liverpool and have never been to Liverpool, but I don't see how the British media were accusing Liverpool and the Club of being racist. The Evra incident is a joke! In simple terms: Evra started the back and forth by referencing Suarez's mother's private parts. Then claimed Saurez called him somethining that starts with n. Then he said he called him that over 10 times. Evra never complained during the match because he was so upset (meanwhile he is on youtube using said n word). All the time saying Suarez is not a racist. Then Suarez said he used a friendly term commonly used in his part of the world (but does refer to the color of Evra's skin). Evra then said that is what Suarez called him. He claims that Suarez told him he kicked him because he was black. Then Evra said he was not called anything 10 times, that is merely a French expression. Lastly, Evra called Suarez a dirty South American in front of the ref....Evra deserves everything coming his way and Suarez's club and team mates and community has every right to defend him IMHO

Where Suarez made his big mistake (and the club in not shutting him down totally from the get go until they had their story straight on what they where going to say); was in admitting he called Evra a 'Negrita', which as you say has been conveniently misinterpreted by the FA. Had he not, then all they had was Suarez's word against Evra, who's a proven liar having previously cried wolf over racism which has always come to nothing. Any decent QC worth his salt would of breezed through the hearing. Having admitted he said that, the club were kinda' hand tied as to not being able to challenge it. I still think we took totally the wrong course of action in accepting the scandalous length of the ban, but that's now past. It wasn't lost on anyone either the irony of the report into the incident detailing what Evra is alleged to of said, yet no repercussion's coming down on him. How his comments can't be interpreted as racist and bigoted heck only knows.

And to compound the sham of the whole affair, the FA will find some spurious excuse to do absolutely jack to John Terry on some ridiculous grounds that he can't be punished twice after he get's convicted in court. It's a European Championship year. He's the England captain. Luis Suarez is just some dirty, ignorant South American. You do the math.

As for the disgraceful media witch hunt, well, to understand that you'd have to understand the way the Country, and in particular the Establishment and the Southern based National media has always looked down upon the City of Liverpool and it's people. For them to as good as claim there's institutionalised racism within one of the most respected football clubs in the World was beyond reprehensible. But that's a whole other story and I've rambled on enough on this.

FWIW, it's nice to see an American can see through the B/S and tell it more or less as it is. :cheers:

Oh, one further note of irony. Suarez's 8 match ban runs out and see's him returning in a fortnight's time at ..... Manchester United. That should be quite the game .....

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Holy crap I finally made a post without a error lol. Anyway GO MAN UTD!!

Also we are not the Yankees. You have to have money to succeed in leagues like the EPL and Liga. In MLS every team is under the MLS as in they are owned by the MLS. This is different from the rest of the world. This is why money isn't a factor in the MLS.

Where Suarez made his big mistake (and the club in not shutting him down totally from the get go until they had their story straight on what they where going to say); was in admitting he called Evra a 'Negrita', which as you say has been conveniently misinterpreted by the FA. Had he not, then all they had was Suarez's word against Evra, who's a proven liar having previously cried wolf over racism which has always come to nothing. Any decent QC worth his salt would of breezed through the hearing. Having admitted he said that, the club were kinda' hand tied as to not being able to challenge it. I still think we took totally the wrong course of action in accepting the scandalous length of the ban, but that's now past. It wasn't lost on anyone either the irony of the report into the incident detailing what Evra is alleged to of said, yet no repercussion's coming down on him. How his comments can't be interpreted as racist and bigoted heck only knows.

And to compound the sham of the whole affair, the FA will find some spurious excuse to do absolutely jack to John Terry on some ridiculous grounds that he can't be punished twice after he get's convicted in court. It's a European Championship year. He's the England captain. Luis Suarez is just some dirty, ignorant South American. You do the math.

As for the disgraceful media witch hunt, well, to understand that you'd have to understand the way the Country, and in particular the Establishment and the Southern based National media has always looked down upon the City of Liverpool and it's people. For them to as good as claim there's institutionalised racism within one of the most respected football clubs in the World was beyond reprehensible. But that's a whole other story and I've rambled on enough on this.

FWIW, it's nice to see an American can see through the B/S and tell it more or less as it is. :cheers:

Oh, one further note of irony. Suarez's 8 match ban runs out and see's him returning in a fortnight's time at ..... Manchester United. That should be quite the game .....

Hail.

I agreed. Can't really take credit for being open-minded. After all, I am a Liverpool fan (as much as an American can be). I have my biases as well. But, that doesn't mean I am wrong. I want to see Gerrard win the title and get back into the Champions League. He is the reason I became a Liverpool supporter (well him and Anfield) I love the way Suarez plays (except for the diving), I hope he stays for years and they get him some help...

And the Terry situation is a joke. I am not English, but I would be embarrassed to have that scumbag as my captain. He may be a great player, but in life he sucks.

In MLS every team is under the MLS as in they are owned by the MLS. This is different from the rest of the world. This is why money isn't a factor in the MLS.

Money is a factor when it comes to DPs. The Galaxy currently have 3/5 of the top-paid DPs in the league. So they are paying those guys' salaries, minus something like $300,000 paid by the league for the first two, and plus a $250,000 tax to claim a third DP.

2007 David Beckham, Los Angeles Galaxy, $6,500,000

2010 Landon Donovan, Los Angeles Galaxy, $2,300,000

2011 Robbie Keane, Los Angeles Galaxy, $3,417,24

Every MLS team cannot/will not afford this. And while the league has had a good amount of parity (based on distribution of MLS cup titles the last several years), I can't believe that is going to last as teams start generating more revenue through their own stadiums, etc, thus paying more for better DPs and coaches. (I have no idea what the range is, but I'm guessing coaches' salaries vary a lot, too.)

Having a DP doesn't necessarily guarantee you titles though. LA this past year was the first team to win the Cup while having a DP on their roster.

And the Yankees don't always win the WS, but they are always competitive. I didn't say the extra money guarantees anything, though. Just said that it does play a factor in MLS, and I believe it will play an increasingly important factor with more teams in the league, and with more talented players wanting to play here.

And the Yankees don't always win the WS, but they are always competitive. I didn't say the extra money guarantees anything, though. Just said that it does play a factor in MLS, and I believe it will play an increasingly important factor with more teams in the league, and with more talented players wanting to play here.

LOL. Someone needs to eat dinner.

So, excusing my European ignorance, if the MLS pays a % of a DP's player's wage, doe's the league foot the rest of a clubs wage bill?

Hail.

"MLS operates under a single-entity structure in which teams are centrally owned by the league.[2] Each team has an owner-operator that is a shareholder in the league. In order to control costs, the league shares revenues, negotiates player contracts, and holds players contracts instead of players contracting with individual teams. The league won a bitter legal battle with its players over its economic system, but this was eventually resolved with the players gaining some improved benefits in return for accepting the single-entity structure. The court also ruled that even absent their collective bargaining agreement, players could opt to play in other leagues if they were unsatisfied."

The league pays for player salaries up to each team's salary cap. Each team is allowed 2 DPs for which only $335,000 is paid by the league (counting against the cap) and the team can pay anything they want beyond that. If they want more than 2 DPs they have to pay an additional $250,000 tax/extra DP for that right.

Coaches' salaries are paid entirely by the individual team.

Despite dominating possession (until Scholesy was taken off), United couldn't create a legitimate chance throughout the game.

Well done Liverpool.

Thank you man. Very magnanimous.

***** game. FANTASTIC result. Dalglish dodged a bullet today by getting his tactics totally and utterly wrong. Defending so deep and leaving just Carroll up front, at home, just invited Utd onto us. And with the midfield sat virtually on top of the back four, the space afforded Utd in the middle of the park was scandalous; and there was no opportunity to break out and support when we did win it. Thankfully, an equally average Utd team created next to nothing when we should of been taken apart and punished heavily. But hey, we've dominated Utd on many an occasion, failed to score, and ended up paying for our profligacy; so I'll happily take that.

Oh, and de Gea needs loaning out to a Championship side or something to regain his confidence. He was shocking again. Heck only knows why Ferguson brought him back for the biggest game on either club's fixture list every year.

Hail.

And thanks ren for a detailed synopsis of how the MLS is structured. It was an interesting and educational read. Thank you.

Thank you man. Very magnanimous.

***** game. FANTASTIC result. Dalglish dodged a bullet today by getting his tactics totally and utterly wrong. Defending so deep and leaving just Carroll up front, at home, just invited Utd onto us. And with the midfield sat virtually on top of the back four, the space afforded Utd in the middle of the park was scandalous; and there was no opportunity to break out and support when we did win it. Thankfully, an equally average Utd team created next to nothing when we should of been taken apart and punished heavily. But hey, we've dominated Utd on many an occasion, failed to score, and ended up paying for our profligacy; so I'll happily take that.

Oh, and de Gea needs loaning out to a Championship side or something to regain his confidence. He was shocking again. Heck only knows why Ferguson brought him back for the biggest game on either club's fixture list every year.

Hail.

Yeah the formation that Liverpool started the game with was puzzling to say the least. Scholes and Carrick literally had 10-15 seconds with the ball practically at a stand still and NOBODY marking them.

Disagree though with David needing a loan to a Championship side. He absolutely needs experience and a boost to his confidence. But it would be such a negative step in his development to go down to such inferior competition after starting in the Premier League for a top side. De Gea has really made some head-scratchers. I still think though he will be a world class keeper very soon. He just needs to be more assertive in coming out for crosses. Plus, once he gets over the language barrier he will be able to communicate better with his defense. A few clean sheets under his belt will do wonders for him. It hasn't helped that our defense has been in constant disarray this year, as injuries continue to pile up every game. Ultimately though I still have a lot of faith in David. He'll be fine. No United fan expected him to pick up immediately where VDS left off. In the long run though a back four of Jones, Smalling, Vidic and Evra/Rafael/Fabio in front of De Gea will be the best defense and keeper situation in the EPL.

I wasn't surprised by this loss. We almost lost there earlier this year if not for a late goal by Chicharito. When we didn't take advantage of possession and our opportunities we did have I hada feeling we'd get bit at the end. Needless to say i wasn't surprised when the 88th minute came. Now we just re focus and look at positives. We're still right at the top EPL right behind Man City. Plus Man UTD has a lot more experience dealing with the pressures of being at the top of the league. That comes with being 19 time champs. (Injuries aren't helping though)

I didn't understand Carra as a holding midfielder. He didn't add anything offensively and didn't do anything to stop the United attack. I think Carroll show some heart, it was great to see him rewarded. Anfield was loud and respectful, it was fantastic...

I didn't understand Carra as a holding midfielder. He didn't add anything offensively and didn't do anything to stop the United attack. I think Carroll show some heart, it was great to see him rewarded. Anfield was loud and respectful, it was fantastic...

That was just totally bizarre before the game. Jamie hasn't started a game in heck knows how long; and then he not only brings him back in a game of such magnitude, but as a holding midfielder which is a complete waste of time. He's never had any pace at the best of times; and as much as he likes to think he can play, he never could. He's always been a fantastic, old school stopper type center half, but certainly not a ball playing one. His career is sadly coming to an end.

I'm beginning to feel real sorry for Carroll. He was getting individually slated Saturday from the fans, but what's he supposed to do when there's nobody within 15/20 yards of him most times? He flicks it on, nobody's up in support as we're either sat too deep, or just don't have the pace outside of Downing, Gerrard or Bellamy. He wins it and holds it up, he's zero options and it's easy for the opposition to crowd him out. A totally thankless task. If Suarez is straight back into the line-up on Tuesday at Wolves (and sorry over the page, I got my math muddled up, His ban ended Saturday, not in another two games); I sincerely hope Carroll isn't dropped and Suarez is played alongside him. As poor as Carroll's been, he needs a consistent run of games to boost his confidence and give us a chance to asses just we do have. (Although today's story that's been all over everything that we offered him to City in a straight swap for Tevez this window, who I wouldn't touch with the preverbal bargepole; and tonight's reports he's far from happy about it, won't of helped matters at all. Totally ridiculous move from the club, aside from it becoming public knowledge.). I thought he played well Saturday, worked his ass off and deserved his reward as you mentioned.

Brighton at home should see us comfortably through to the quarters, with no disrespect intended to them.

Through all the problems still to work through at Anfield, two domestic cup runs in Kenny's first full season back has been a real pleasant bonus. It's been too long since that's happened. Here's to 3 Wembley trips in the coming months.

Hail.

Beating ManU was great and all, but our strikers need to put more shots into the back of the net. Good goal by Kuyt to win it, but Carrol needs to start coming through. Still, Suarez is set to come back soon enough (just in time to go up against the Wancs, no less) and Bellamy has been in good form, so we'll see.

YNWA.

He's never had any pace at the best of times; and as much as he likes to think he can play, he never could. He's always been a fantastic, old school stopper type center half, but certainly not a ball playing one. His career is sadly coming to an end.

. As poor as Carroll's been, he needs a consistent run of games to boost his confidence and give us a chance to asses just we do have. (Although today's story that's been all over everything that we offered him to City in a straight swap for Tevez this window, who I wouldn't touch with the preverbal bargepole; and tonight's reports he's far from happy about it, won't of helped matters at all. Totally ridiculous move from the club, aside from it becoming public knowledge.). I thought he played well Saturday, worked his ass off and deserved his reward as you mentioned.

I think Carroll's biggest problem is he appears to be lazy. I think he gets bullied and frustrated which he doesn't hide very well, so he looks lazy. Either way, he needs to get in better shape and grow into his body. I think he will be an asset to the club. Tuesday will be interesting.

---------- Post added January-29th-2012 at 11:16 PM ----------

];8819940']Beating ManU was great and all' date=' but our strikers need to put more shots into the back of the net. Good goal by Kuyt to win it, but Carrol needs to start coming through. Still, Suarez is set to come back soon enough (just in time to go up against the Wancs, no less) and Bellamy has been in good form, so we'll see.

YNWA.[/quote']

again, Tuesday will be very interesting!

Football Association Statement.

The FA have decided to award victory in the FA Cup 4th round match to Manchester United this morning having accepted captain Patrice Evra's claim that his team scored 10 times.

Despite 9 of the goals not having been witnessed by the TV, players, crowd or referee; the FA found Evra to be a convincing witness. Conversely Liverpool FC goalkeeper Pepe Reina's testimony was found to be totally unreliable. He admitted conceding one goal but could provide no evidence that the other 9 had not been scored. On the grounds of probability, the FA have concluded that the goals will stand and so United will progress to the 5th round.

Liverpool have 7 days to appeal

(Mischievous GHH. What? Bitter? Moi? ..... ).

Hail.

Football Association Statement.

The FA have decided to award victory in the FA Cup 4th round match to Manchester United this morning having accepted captain Patrice Evra's claim that his team scored 10 times.

Despite 9 of the goals not having been witnessed by the TV, players, crowd or referee; the FA found Evra to be a convincing witness. Conversely Liverpool FC goalkeeper Pepe Reina's testimony was found to be totally unreliable. He admitted conceding one goal but could provide no evidence that the other 9 had not been scored. On the grounds of probability, the FA have concluded that the goals will stand and so United will progress to the 5th round.

Liverpool have 7 days to appeal

(Mischievous GHH. What? Bitter? Moi? ..... ).

Hail.

I sure hope Kenny doesn't make the team wear any 'FA Cup 5th round' shirts for their next match. It would be disrespectful to the process and besmirch the FA's good name....