Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

20 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail. 

One of the more historically underrated players I can think of. In his prime other than maybe Wayne Rooney and pre injury Owen I’m taking him over any English striker that came after him. Seems like a decent guy too he deserved to be forgiven for dooking himself in a WC knockout game.

12 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

One of the more historically underrated players I can think of. In his prime other than maybe Wayne Rooney and pre injury Owen I’m taking him over any English striker that came after him. Seems like a decent guy too he deserved to be forgiven for dooking himself in a WC knockout game.

Limited though. Just a poacher. Albeit an exceptionally great one. 

Yeah, always respected Lineker. He's always come across as a decent bloke and his twitter responses to some serious subjects are heartfelt and brilliant. 

Hail. 

All things being equal, it’d be really nice to give this Utd shambles the licking it deserves. Like a 4/5 goal licking. The gap between the two clubs has NEVER been this wide since back the 70's when Utd went down. With this being the poorest quality Utd side in living memory. Fast regressing to obscurity under a manager who is as out of his depth as any big club manager anyone can ever remember.

But this is L’pool and Utd. Still the biggest game in World football, where the form book goes out the window and it rarely plays out as it should.

If this Utd squad has ANY pride, they’ll be going all out to end our unbeaten league season/ 3-year unbeaten home league record. But then you fully expect nothing other than the Norwegian PE teacher to do what he’s done both games he’s played against Klopp's L’pool and have them pull a Burnley.  With the one constant fear of De Gea pulling his usual L’pool Superman act again and saving them as he has in SO many of these games.

You shouldn’t with these historical Reds, at fortress Anfield, against the mid-table side that Utd now are. (As close to 10th as 4th as I type.). But by the very nature of it being Utd and all that entails in this rivalry, as always, you go in with caution.

I’ll err on a hard grafted 3-1.

Up today's game new record-breaking Reds!

Hail. 

• Like 1

Lets pray to whatever futbol God you believe that Mane's injury isn't too bad and he'll be back for the Champions league knockout.

Oh I don't want to hear how City dropped off this season because injuries cause Liverpool basically had everyone injured one way or another.

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2020 at 4:54 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The gift that keeps on giving. And giving. And giving. And giving. And giving. And .....

Hail. 

Not his fault. His manager should have been more clear when he told him he was playing in goal.

• Haha 1

Absolutely superb, massive win last night. 

Kudos to Wolves. They're the 4th best side in the league for me and boy did they give us a heck of a battle again. I didn't think we'd have to work harder than what Sheffield United made us work but both games against these have taken everything we've had. And both games Wolves deserved to draw. I thought they were incredibly hard done to at Anfield with the ridiculous 'off-side' goal chalked off. (I know under the rules as they currently stand he's off. But that's another area where the rules and VAR are failing SO spectacularly. They are going TOTALLY against the spirit of the game. Most rationale fans, particularly those in the ground that night, would happily of given Wolves their 'goal.' When you're trying to split hairs, over a literally a hairs breath of someone being off, then something is INHERENTLY wrong with the whole process.).  And last night they gave us well arguably our toughest game all season long in what was a scrap and a half. But what made for a super enjoyable game of football with some real special goals. Wolves equaliser was a top drawer break. Set up by Traore who terrorised at least three of our back 4 all night. (I think Trent was the only one he didn't come into direct contact with.). When he adds the end product to the rapid pace and power that lad takes some serious stopping. All to be topped off by another ridiculous goal from our  'King of the Road' Bobby Firmino. Which sent our end into absolute ecstasy. Man did that go off and then some! Just a collage of arms, legs and twisted bodies. I even got a kiss from the kid in front in the carnage to add to the brilliant madness to reinforce just why you do it and just why this game is the greatest sport on Earth bar none! 

Wolves were superb. But the mentality of these lads was better than that. They not only won't settle for not being beaten. They won't settle for anything less than the win 9 times out of 10. I've ever seen anything like these greedy btards in that regard haha. 

A few stand-outs from another superb, all-round team display-

Pity the clean-sheet run didn't reach 8 straight games but it took a special, special goal to finally beat Alisson who was stellar again. 

As he has been ever since Matip went down, JMG was simply outstanding. Again. We not only have the best CH in World football bar none in big Virg, but we have the best partnership anywhere bar none. With a lad who, lest we forget at still only 22, is the bonafide heir apparent to VVD's lofty status.

Talking young phenoms, Trent became the first defender in PL history to record back-to-back seasons of double-figure assists. With no player in Europe having assisted more from dead-ball situations this season. 

And honestly, if there's been a better player in the PL over the last 2 months than Jordan Henderson I want to know of him? Another utterly dominant leadership display when yet again he was by far the hardest working, fittest player on the park. Topped off with a goal and an assist. It's probably come too late to the National attention of just how good he's been consistently playing all year for this. Along with people madly just looking at the flashy stats of goals and assists. But he'd get my vote for player of the year in the PL. He's been ridiculous in both the 8 and 6 positions this year. The latter of which, he's been THAT good that we've not missed Fabinho, arguably the top #6 in World football in his own right, one iota over the past two months in his absence. (What's that line about L'pool not suffering key injuries again?). Can't wait until May when we get the Jordan shuffle picking up #19. A GENUINE L'pool legend and the absolutely mad fact that he STILL has his detracters among (so-called) L'pool 'fans' is making what he's consistently doing all the sweeter. Here's to MANY more seasons of our Captain leading us to glory. 

40 league games and counting unbeaten man. Joint third all-time with Chelsea in 2004-05 in English top-flight history. Only Arsenal's Invincibles (49 games), and Forest back in 1977 through 1978 (42 games. Which, ironically, we ended at Anfield), have had longer unbeaten runs. Would anyone put money on this phenomenal gang of Reds NOT smashing this into oblivion past the 50 mark? 

And 14 straight wins and counting. To add to the 17 straight before that separated by the Utd draw. City's 18 straight all-time English top-flight record is WELL within there sights again now too. 

And now a full week off for all last nights eleven before West Ham. God help David Moyes Football GENIUS and his shower! 

Up the Bobby dazzler Reds! 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Big FA Cup tie at a much lower league club. Live on National TV.

Can't beat Cup tie togger when it's like that. The very essence of what footballs all about. 

Just a pity its not a new ground or today would be perfect. 

It's been WAY too long, not least given the MASSIVE significance the Cup holds to the City and football club, since we've added our name to the greatest straight knock-out Cup competition in World football. 

Here's to the next step on that journey. 

Really looking forward to this. 

Up the Cup King Reds!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

oof... matip, lovren, and fabino looked rusty as hell.

needed a first team player to step up and lead the kids, but no one did.  if divock wants to push for more PL playing time/starts, he needs to dominate a league 1 side.

adrian saved liverpool's tournament today.  some great saves.  shewsbury deserved to win that.

• Like 1

Nottin much to say on the shambles on the pitch but I LOVE that Klopp’s just mugged the FA off by saying they’ll be NO senior players the replay as we’re on our winter break.

Is right! The FA can’t have it all ways round. They tell clubs not to schedule friendlies during the break but then schedule Cup replays through it.

If we have a side out like against Villa the LC then they only have themselves to blame.

And neither he nor any of the first-team staff will be taking charge of the game.

A complete FU to the FA! 

And the club better price it low in relation too now the manager has made his stance clear!

Hail. 

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Nottin much to say on the shambles on the pitch but I LOVE that Klopp’s just mugged the FA off by saying they’ll be NO senior players the replay as we’re on our winter break.

Is right! The FA can’t have it all ways round. They tell clubs not to schedule friendlies during the break but then schedule Cup replays through it.

If we have a side out like against Villa the LC then they only have themselves to blame.

And neither he nor any of the first-team staff will be taking charge of the game.

A complete FU to the FA! 

And the club better price it low in relation too now the manager has made his stance clear!

Hail. 

I don’t understand that one bit. I coached at a podunk university in a podunk town know for its federal prison (literally people outside of the area don’t there’s a town there too) and even that place had better playing surfaces.