Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Did this gob****e really play for this football club?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/jamie-carragher-says-liverpool-could-14267004

The European Cup's r competition the F blert and we're all in it to win both! Telling yer, convinced he's more blue than red. 

Fully expecting L'pool to come through this tie but it'll doubtless be a lot tighter than many are expecting. There are NO mugs at this stage and after the way we walloped Porto last year, they'll come to completely shut the game down and make sure the ties still alive for the return a week tomorrow. 

Which will happen more and more the more dominant and successful we become. Top sides like Munich coming with one intention alone. Not to get a serious doing and keeping the tie alive for the second-leg. Too many folk appear to have gotten swayed by last year's run to Kiev and think we should be blitzing everyone. As awesomely brilliant as that was, that's an anomaly to the norm in straight, two-legged knock-out European football. Which are invariably tight, cagey affairs. 

Be more than happy personally to take a 0-0 out to Porto. Not conceding at home has and always will be the most important thing in two-legged, straight knock-out European football. 

That said, if both L'pool and Barca can wrap up the ties this week that would be greatly appreciated to get a jump on semi flights. wink.gif

Up the European Cup OWNING Reds! 

Hail. 

Proper solid European display. I’d have been well happy with a 0-0. 2-0 I’m made up with. 

Three Eurooean campaigns under Klopp. All things being equal next week, thats two finals and at the least another semi. Ridiculously good and hard to achieve that. If bloody expensive following it haha.

Toss up between Jordan, Bobby and Naby, who’s finally arrived (his second season is fixing to be suoer special. Anyone with no patience questioning him whilst hes adapted .....LEARN from it and don’t do it again) for MOTM for me. And that piece of defending from Mo from their break our corner to win it back r box ..... 

Just thinking in a worst case and Utd scrawn past Barca like they did PSG (they can’t have SO much luck again in Europe can they?), if Tottenham can put out City the second leg the semi against Utd would be at Anfield which would be petfect.

9 more.

Up the European experts Reds!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

That's the Barca flights booked. Calculated gamble whilst they're still so dirt cheap. Worse case we're in Salford don't mind standing just over 30 notes. 

Rather put up with City or a bunch of ****ney gob****es Madrid if we're in yet another final than these horrible rats- 

https://mobile.twitter.com/101ULTRAS/status/1116027810643087360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1116027810643087360&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231116027810643087360

Hail. 

2 hours ago, techboy said:

Is this still the case? Asking for a friend...

Overall yes. Finishing has been just as bad lately we should have beat Arsenal and Wolves in the league comfortably even with the two goals conceded. There’s an overall lack of quality at center half and center forward which were the staple positions when during the Ferguson era. Only two positions the right old Scot would concede in price negotiations for. 

Didn’t get to watch the game but good to hear Fred and McTominay played well. As I suspected, Pogba already has Madrid on his mind but it sounds like what really did us in (again) was the lack of composure and guile from the attackers. Doesn’t sound like it was a one sided contest by any means. 

No, not one sided at all. United might even have looked a little better, though Pique shut everything down and United didn't even get a shot on target.

The difference was that Messi made a ridiculous pass he probably shouldn't have seen (his back was turned when Suarez made his run to the post) let alone been able to execute. Which, I am a little sad to report, I have become less affected by.

Messi is his own worst enemy when it comes to awards and such... He's competing against himself.