Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

FA Cup third round draw tonight at half 7 on the BBC. (2:30 PM EST) Still the single best football day of the year for me.

One of Barnet, Brentford, Gillingham, Grimsby, Lincoln, Oxford, Walsall ,Woking or Guisley/ Solihull/ Newport, if they get through, for a new ground please. (Alrhough I presume Guisley and Solihull would get flipped to Bradford and Birmingham respectively?).

But NOT on a Monday night ta very much. 

Good selection of new grounds for once for me personally.

Failing that the Ev will do nicely again!

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Absolutely no way on Earrh anyone is paying anything like £70 million for a lad entering the last year of his contract.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Today has been the single best work day EVER!!!!!

To spend all last week hearing about how this Everton side was different/ how they wouldn’t  F up and would give us a game et al ..... to then have them actually live upto that and play SO well, only for the miniature armed lil’ freak to go F up amd throw the game away SO spectacularly ..... I do believe we’ve categorically ripped out their souls and destroyed any last lingering bit of hope they had left! Haha. To say they’re completely devoed to have thrown that away in the most Everton way imaginable is an understatement. 

Arguably the best league celebration ever too. To say it ‘went off’ was an understatement. Even the run to Kiev last year never saw such a scrum of arms and legs in one heaving mass of ecstacy. NO better way to win any game. Let alone one which cancels the Ev’s  Chrimbo. AGAIN!!!!!

I never realised either that they threw a flair just before the winner to ‘celebrate’ the ‘draw’ ..... Which makes it all the better- ‘Have that yers Red****e Btards! This is the new Everton!’

’No lads. You have THAT!!!!!’ 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

if yers offer me beating Utd in a few weeks 6-0, or beating them 1 with a 95th minute winner I’m taking the later in a heartbeat! 

What a time to be alive. What a time to be following this gang of super special Reds.

Hail.

Hahahahahaha.

Sorry, quite the opposite.  Nobody expected a win against a top 3 side away.  But as you yourself saw, Everton played very well, Liverpool didnt deserve to win, and it took the flukiest goal you may see in the next 10 years for Liverpool to pull of a win at home.  That wont help them next time.  Everton fans feel great about how the team has now gone toe to toe and played with, or outplayed, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, and Liverpool so far this season.  

Because now that Everton finally has an owner that can compete somewhat with all of the money the likes of Liverpool, Man U, and City have pumped into their teams over the years, everything has changed.  Its no longer playing for the hope of a draw.  Next year, its the expectation of a win.  I have no doubt Liverpool fans will enjoy the win for a while, but the difference between the upcoming derbys and the ones of recent years is that now every single future one will be accompanied by fear and doubt, knowing from now on there are no more free points, and the times have changed.  Liverpool fans are completely clueless if they think any of what is suggested, but thats to be expected when driven by fear 😉

Since we're apparently trolling, my favorite at the moment is "How can Real Madrid be the best team in Europe? Look at the La Liga Table. They weren't even the best team in Madrid!"

Lots of students in my school are Madridistas, so that was fun last May,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

FA Cup third round draw tonight at half 7 on the BBC. (2:30 PM EST) Still the single best football day of the year for me.

One of Barnet, Brentford, Gillingham, Grimsby, Lincoln, Oxford, Walsall ,Woking or Guisley/ Solihull/ Newport, if they get through, for a new ground please. (Alrhough I presume Guisley and Solihull would get flipped to Bradford and Birmingham respectively?).

But NOT on a Monday night ta very much. 

Good selection of new grounds for once for me personally.

Failing that the Ev will do nicely again!

Hail.

Wolves away.

Happy with that.

Nice and handy. I was fearing Swansea away on a Monday night the end there which wouldn’t have been good. At all.

Hail.

2 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Because now that Everton finally has an owner that can compete somewhat with all of the money the likes of Liverpool, Man U, and City have pumped into their teams .....

Everton finally has a what now?

A complete fraud of an owner who can’t fund a penny of the (still, and forever more) pretendy new ground out of his own pocket? The one with all his assets on paper and not hard cash? THAT Moshiri? 

You are a true blue though P it has to be said with the above delusions of Liverpudlians EVER fearing Everton. ;)

It was a pleasant surprise to finally have Everton come to play football again and then defend so well when legs went as opposed to the usual kick F out of anything that moved in a Red shirt. Props to Silva there. And it should hopefully lead to competitive Derbys going forward for the first time in like forever. 

But fear yers ...., ? 

Hail.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2018 at 1:08 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

NO better way to win any game of football, let alone a Derby, than that! And a certain full circle dose of karma with Origi netting and what Funis More did to him.

To to the short armed gob****e.

City, the best team in the history of football and all that, must be sick the sight of these Reds they just can’t shake. 2 horse fight for the title. Who knew? wink.gif

That’s now L’pool’s second best start to a top flight season in our 126-year-history.

The fewest ever goals we’ve conceded through 14 games in our entire history.

And now 29 games and counting unbeaten at fortress Anfield the league.

Yet STILL folk, admitedly mostly non-match going Reds (general rant not directed at you lads on here) want to question the evolution of this side into the deadly serious title contemders they are. I mean, SERIOUSLY? Fergusons Utd are doing what this gang of top, TOP Reds are and everyones (rightly) lauding them amd saying ‘That’s what Champions do.’ Without City blowing everyone away, we’re storming clear the top the league. But they are and they can’t get clear themselves.

Relish what we have lads. Which is the beat group we’ve had the PL era and one thats evolved into the equal of most anything in Europe. With still more gears to go up through and their best still to come. 

But today, to win the Derby like that, AGAIN after Sadio the othr Chrimbo ..... Ale is calling. And copious amounts of it!

Liverpool Football Club. Destroying Evertonian lives since 1892.

Hail.

Nothing but respect for you but that's absolutely asinine and also factually incorrect. Ferguson's United earned that reputation not only by nicking wins, but by putting together a body of work that added up league title after league title after league title thirteen times. This top gang of reds hasn't won a single trophy. 

Edited by Berggy9598

13 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Ah, what a glorious morning after that scintillating finish yesterday...smile’s not left my face. I’ve watched that replay dozens of times already...it’ll never get old! So fitting Origi, who’s career was threatened by a blue ****e tackle from Funes Mori, nets it, and Pickford, he of the small arms, and “I’ll never do what Karius did in the CL final” summer article, was the one who fumbled it. Karma, she’s a fine ****, you blue ****s!

...still ****ing laughing...

https://mobile.twitter.com/danielnicolson/status/1069349586555293697

Hail.

• Haha 1

@Berggy9598 You seem to have misunderstood the point there mate.

City have a tough looking week with aways at Watford and Chelsea.

Maybe it just tightens right back as tight as it can come Sat’day tea-time.

And as I type it looks like Augero/ Zinchenko haven’t travelled to Watford to add to no De Bruyne and Mendy. 

Every little helps and all that.

Hail.

Merseyside police are investigating a suspected mass kidnapping. 

Up to a third of the city have not been seen since 6:15 PM Sunday evening after they disappeared in the haze of a blue smoke flare after celebrating what was thought to be a point, only for Divok Origi to score seconds later. 

The last reports say they were heading in the direction of North Wales muttering 'Kopites are Gob****es.' Some reports coming in saying crying was heard from female partners and moans of 'am sick of them Red****e Btards. They always do this to us!'

Any further sightings please ring: 

Inspector Ivor Emptycabinet. 

On 1995 1995 1995

Hail.

• Haha 1

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nine-word-response-liverpools-jurgen-15504557

£8 grand fine which he’s readilly accepted.

Good man.

Zero problem with the FA charging/ punishing him.

Zero problem with our manager showing just how much he’s one of us.

*Edit* I just love, even though I don’t agree, the amount of managers saying he ahouldn’t have even been fined.

Football without passion is NOTHING!

Hail.

• Like 1

I REALLY dislike Burnley. 

Town of inbred, 10 years out of date clobber wearing, sheep shagging support with their woolest of wool, tawdry lower league songs. Really is like stepping back in time going there. 

Throw in their gob****e, REAL limited manager who was never as good as he thinks he is, playing antwacky footy in a ground even Everton cringe at, and its not hard to get up for playing them. 

As handy as it is, I’d personally like nottin better than them to go back down where they belong. 

Win the battle boys, grind them down, and we’ll win the war the last 30 when their legs have gone. (Although if yers want to start fast and blitz them that’d be sound too. ;) ). 

Up the record setting Reds! 

Hail.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, techboy said:

So I couldn't find a story... just the video (and apparently it's not the first time a dog has done something like this). What happens? Does the ref declare it a goal? Is it considered like a gust of wind, so no goal? What's the procedure?

It's not a goal. Anything that comes on the field of play becomes part of the field of play. Dog, beach ball, flare, bag of peanuts, etc. 

Every referee exam I took (granted this was about 15 years ago now, maybe they changed the law) had a "dog question". 

Edited by Elessar78
  • Thanks 2

7 changes. Phew. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/LFC/status/1070388605695221760

Never expected so many for a league game.

Origi had to start like now he’s the greatest ever player to wear Red! Made up for Rafa Camacho making the 18. Less so Matip and Moreno but meh, they’re much less of a worry now we have the safety net of the current best ‘keeper the league and similar in Big Virg and JMG.

Into this shower of inbred ****e Reds!

Hail.

****ing have rhat yers inbred, wool, 1950’s throwback town of gob****es!

Another classically stellar away display. Win the battles. Wear them down. Kill them off when legs go with superior quality. Big Virg immense as per. Henderson totally dominant. Naby the same in his best outing since Palace. Must be the grey kit haha. Key players rested and again, great substitutions from Kloppo which is a pleasant change. Man are Burnley a dirty side. Typical Dyche the underhand ****house. The only downside was Joe’s injury. Hopefully not serious but time will tell.

126 years Liverpool Football Club has been in existence. Through which we’ve won 18 titles and produced some of the finest sides this Country’s ever seen. And now this years vintage has just set a club record for the best ever start through 15 top flight games we’ve ever had. Absolutely phenominal what this gang of Reds are doing. How anyone can question them is beyond me?

More points, more wins, more goals scored and fewer conceded that at this stage last season. Still unbeaten and breathing right down City’s necks who can’t shake us for all their blistering football. 

Top, top side who are deadly serious title contenders. What a time to be alive! 

Bring n Bournemouth! 

Up the 15 not out Reds!

Hail.

• Thanks 1

Nail on the head mate. Said they wear em down, then pounce...and boom. Little nervy the first 60, but utter dominance after going down. Origi with the assist to equalize, then some stirring footie.

Didn’t score, but Keita MOTM for me. Drove forward, linked the front line, and was dangerous all day. Hopefully he, and our other big signing Fabs, are getting the feel of this PL, and ready to push City all the way.

Great day with the rent boys faltering, and the Gunners drawing. Looking more and more a two horse race.

****e play by Burnley, and ****e officiating (maybe a booking earlier would have kept them from their hooliganism?)

Nuff said, on to Vitality, and three more may see us level, or atop, Citeh. Chelsea gotta be raring to get at em after their fumble.

Up the bulldog Reds!

• Thanks 1