Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Some talk about Stieffen being loaned to Man City. He did well for MLS with Columbus Crew. Saw him in person against United. He is a rising USMNT prospect but there are questions about whether he'll see time in the EPL. Many Americans have come to EPL, not gotten time (see Landon Donovan) and had their careers stagnate. 

4 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Some talk about Stieffen being loaned to Man City. He did well for MLS with Columbus Crew. Saw him in person against United. He is a rising USMNT prospect but there are questions about whether he'll see time in the EPL. Many Americans have come to EPL, not gotten time (see Landon Donovan) and had their careers stagnate. 

Steffen has all the physical attributes to be the next great US keeper, in the Tim Howard vein. If he goes to City, he would likely become the backup to Ederson immediately, would presumably get action in Cup matches, and the odd PL or CL match where they want to rest Ederson.

At 23, Steffen is still very young as keepers go, and is probably 3-5 from hitting his prime. But, right now, he is the best keeper I’ve seen in the USA. Hate to think that City may snag the next Tim Howard. 

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

City v Lyon game was a good watch. City lucky to get a point, IMO, as Lyon missed a couple sitters, and had some other good chances. Lyon pressed the City back line and midfield as they tried to move the ball into the scoring third, and got defensive help from all XI.

Glad (again) that the Reds didn’t buy Fekir. Good enough player, but not £50 mil, and not near the best on that side. Aouar, who has been linked with the Reds, is a very tidy box to box mid with solid technical ability, looks a Klopp type player to me. Depay is world class. He showed it again today, even though he mi**** his sitter. He plays a lot like Bobby from that front position, dropping in to start the attack or running channels. Both Cornet goals assisted by Memphis. His lost days in Manchester May not be forgotten by some, but he is playing as a top 10 attacker in the world for going on two years now. France must suit him.

I noticed that in their counter attack, Lyon went straight at the City defense, and Walker, Laporte, and Stones struggled with their pace. Expect to see some of that from Klopp and the lads in the rematch.

Now, let's take care of some Paris business Reds!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

I'm curious if any of you Liverpool fans think the rumors on Pulisic are true and if so how would he even fit in at Liverpool?

I'm pretty sure Pulisic has lost his starting spot to Sancho based on the playing time he has received over the last month, tomorrow's CCL lineup will substantiate that if he is a sub once again.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm curious if any of you Liverpool fans think the rumors on Pulisic are true and if so how would he even fit in at Liverpool?

I'm pretty sure Pulisic has lost his starting spot to Sancho based on the playing time he has received over the last month, tomorrow's CCL lineup will substantiate that if he is a sub once again.

Well, Klopp brought him in to Dortmund, and loves the kid, so I think he’d love to have him Merseyside, for the right price. Pulisic plays as a #10 for the USMNT, and on the wing for Dortmund, so I think he fits rotationally. He could give Mane and Salah rest, or could play centrally just behind the striker (Firmino). 

IMO, Henderson, Milner, and Lallana will all be gone within the next year or two, so there will be spots to fill. Hopefully Ox-Chambo makes it back 100%, and the only youngster in the pipeline that looks first team capable in the midfield is Curtis Jones, and he’s only 17.

I'm sure Klopp will continue his midfield building in the summer, and look for an attacking option or two. Pulisic checks that box.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2018 at 1:31 PM, Long n Left said:

GHH, just checking in. Haven’t heard from you in a couple, are you with the traveling Kop in Paris? If so, stay safe, and bring home at least one, preferably 3 please. 

Cheers man. Where else would I be? Smiles.

Its been funny today reading meltdowns on social media on last night when you’re out there quite happy and non-plussed. Funny how different views of things are and what you look for between following a team live and not.

Said the train yeaterday morning that there’s a lot to be said for getting beat tonight to set up another super memorable Anfield European night instead of winning and having a ‘meh’ last game with Napoli to not look forward to. And now we have that.

One of those when you really couldn’t be arsed about losing in a ‘free hit’ game knowing the safe guard of Napoli and another brilliant night was in store. So much so I never went the game. Mates lad was with us for the first time, minus his dad, and didn’t have a ticket so along with not being arsed it seemed the decent thing to do. I’ve been doing this 30 odd years. That was his first Euro away. Plus the BOSS Night gig was a superb place to be match day. Absolutely love that about our unique fan culture that we can take it upon ourselves to organise something like that in another foreign City and have a great time enjoying it. Just part of being a Liverpudlian that nakes it so special.

Another superb trip. But then its Paris. Hard not to have a boss time there. Which as noted many times is ALL that matters on a Euro away. If you let the football spoil it you’re doing it BADLY wrong.

Roll on a week Tuesday.

Up the soundly placed European Reds!

Hail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trying SO hard to get enthusiastic for later. But I’m just not feeling it.

I mean to the Ev it’s all encompasing. They’ve worked themselves up into their usual, foaming at the mouth, kill all Red****e frenzy. And if they finally do, it’ll be celebrated like the league and European Cup rolled into one. The DVD will be out before the lights go out on the ground. Street party’s will bring Rhyl to a standstill. And Evertonian wifes will cancel going into hiding for once after a Derby.

To Reds, it’s now all very ‘meh.’ I guess thats a natiral byproduct of Everton being the very definition of mid-table mediocrity and of absolutely zero significance for 3 decades now. Don’t get me wrong. It’s still, for those of us from/ still in the City, the game you want to win more than any other every season. But that’s mainly down to having to deal with the bitter delusionals day in, day out and their L’pool obsessed lives. Outside of that, it’s just ‘another’ game against mid-table ****e.  Try as they might, they just don’t bother you anymore.

Even in a worse case scenario we lose later, the main thing on Reds minds is the curve it woild through into the deadly serious title assault. Everton, you’d just shrug your shoulders, accept that after 20-years the law of averages says they had to win one; and move on safe in the knowledge it’d be liable to be another double figure year steetch until it happened again.

We just don’t care or think about you lads now outside of winding yers up. We truly don’t. 

That said, I fully expect L’pool to lick Everton three or four today and keep our ‘new’ L’pool obsessed ‘mates’ down the East Lancs, so deaperate to create their own rivalry with us, dejected at the Red title charge breathing down their necks whatever they do. 

Up the mid-table Cup Final party pooping Reds!

Hail.

NO better way to win any game of football, let alone a Derby, than that! And a certain full circle dose of karma with Origi netting and what Funis More did to him.

To to the short armed gob****e.

City, the best team in the history of football and all that, must be sick the sight of these Reds they just can’t shake. 2 horse fight for the title. Who knew? wink.gif

That’s now L’pool’s second best start to a top flight season in our 126-year-history.

The fewest ever goals we’ve conceded through 14 games in our entire history.

And now 29 games and counting unbeaten at fortress Anfield the league.

Yet STILL folk, admitedly mostly non-match going Reds (general rant not directed at you lads on here) want to question the evolution of this side into the deadly serious title contemders they are. I mean, SERIOUSLY? Fergusons Utd are doing what this gang of top, TOP Reds are and everyones (rightly) lauding them amd saying ‘That’s what Champions do.’ Without City blowing everyone away, we’re storming clear the top the league. But they are and they can’t get clear themselves.

Relish what we have lads. Which is the beat group we’ve had the PL era and one thats evolved into the equal of most anything in Europe. With still more gears to go up through and their best still to come. 

But today, to win the Derby like that, AGAIN after Sadio the othr Chrimbo ..... Ale is calling. And copious amounts of it!

Liverpool Football Club. Destroying Evertonian lives since 1892.

Hail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah, what a glorious morning after that scintillating finish yesterday...smile’s not left my face. I’ve watched that replay dozens of times already...it’ll never get old! So fitting Origi, who’s career was threatened by a blue ****e tackle from Funes Mori, nets it, and Pickford, he of the small arms, and “I’ll never do what Karius did in the CL final” summer article, was the one who fumbled it. Karma, she’s a fine ****, you blue ****s!

On to Burnley, and hopefully a rest for Bobby, who looks a bit out of sorts at the moment, and maybe some more run out for Naby and Fabs (who looked fab yesterday). Then, a tough weekend match at Vitality to ready the boys for the big midweek night at Anfield.

...still ****ing laughing...

• Thanks 1

Today has been the single best work day EVER!!!!!

To spend all last week hearing about how this Everton side was different/ how they wouldn’t  F up and would give us a game et al ..... to then have them actually live upto that and play SO well, only for the miniature armed lil’ freak to go F up amd throw the game away SO spectacularly ..... I do believe we’ve categorically ripped out their souls and destroyed any last lingering bit of hope they had left! Haha. To say they’re completely devoed to have thrown that away in the most Everton way imaginable is an understatement. 

Arguably the best league celebration ever too. To say it ‘went off’ was an understatement. Even the run to Kiev last year never saw such a scrum of arms and legs in one heaving mass of ecstacy. NO better way to win any game. Let alone one which cancels the Ev’s  Chrimbo. AGAIN!!!!!

I never realised either that they threw a flair just before the winner to ‘celebrate’ the ‘draw’ ..... Which makes it all the better- ‘Have that yers Red****e Btards! This is the new Everton!’

’No lads. You have THAT!!!!!’ 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

if yers offer me beating Utd in a few weeks 6-0, or beating them 1 with a 95th minute winner I’m taking the later in a heartbeat! 

What a time to be alive. What a time to be following this gang of super special Reds.

Hail.