Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

3 hours ago, techboy said:

I've seen chatter that Barca may actually be taregeting him, perhaps for the winter.

Speaking of which, Vermaelen is out six weeks, and Umtiti is out an indeterminate amount of time, which leaves Barca with only two center backs healthy, and no left back sub, because that was supposed to be either Umtiti or Vermaelen. That might explain said interest.

Also Pique has been terrible lately, and Barca has dropped like 7 points in 4 matches against bottom sides, leaking goals.

Fun times.

Was hoping we might get a ham sandwich for him, but I’ll gladly take €10 million from Barca.

• Haha 1

10 days removed from coming off with a hammy against City, Milner’s back at it for Sat’day!!!!!

Fella’s Ronaldo freakish physically. The older he gets, the fitter and healthier his body becomes! Madness!

So bar Brewster and Oxo-Chambo, great to be at full squad strength again for this next group of 6 games through the next International break next month. 

And talking of the squad, great to read Big Shaq continuing to dispell his ‘lazy/ bad attitude/ poor team player’ et al myth relishing his depth role: 

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/10/xherdan-shaqiri-shows-perfect-attitude-when-discussing-liverpool-squad-role/

Hail.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

10 days removed from coming off with a hammy against City, Milner’s back at it for Sat’day!!!!!

Fella’s Ronaldo freakish physically. The older he gets, the fitter and healthier his body becomes! Madness!

So bar Brewster and Oxo-Chambo, great to be at full squad strength again for this next group of 6 games through the next International break next month. 

And talking of the squad, great to read Big Shaq continuing to dispell his ‘lazy/ bad attitude/ poor team player’ et al myth relishing his depth role: 

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/10/xherdan-shaqiri-shows-perfect-attitude-when-discussing-liverpool-squad-role/

Hail.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Lallana can stay fit for the remainder of the season, and bring back some of the magic he showed in 2016-17. I think he could be a missing piece, providing that creative link between the midfield and the front three. May help jumpstart Mo to another goal scoring extravaganza. I can hope...

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2018 at 1:29 PM, Long n Left said:

I know it’s some made up money grab, this Nations League, but nothing makes a Dutchman happier, other than good beer and beautiful, tall women, than to put a beat down to Germany on the soccer pitch. Nice to see both Liverpool lads net as well!

I actually watched 2 full Internationals this week. 

Spain- England last night. Don’t judge. JMF was dominating more top class players so I had to watch. It’s the law. 

And that little affair in Amsterdam Saturday.

When certain Country’s meet, they just comand you to watch them. Games that mean FAR more than mere sport. England- Scotland. Austria- Germany. USA- Russia. Particularly when it was the USSR. Australia- New Zealand in Rugby. And I don’t care for Rugby. At all. 

Netherlands- Germany would be one of those occasions that supersedes sport. Which means more than most anything to the Dutch as you mentioned after how they suffered at the hands of the Nazi occupation in particular. 

Made up for you man. And to top it off with THAT goal .... Mad how Gini’s gone from.non-existent to the best midfieldet in the World. ?

Hail. 

• Thanks 1

L’pool keep a clean sheet Sat’day tea-time Huddersfield that’s a club record of just three goals conceded through the first 9 games of a league season. 

It’ll also be 38 league games since the Tottenham debacle. Equivalent of a whole league season. With just 25 goals conceded. 

#liverpool****eatdefending

Amusing a blue here at that earlier saying ‘Well yeah, easy when you pay World record fees for a CH and goalie!’ .... Neglecting to mention the other 3 cost a combined £ 3.5 million. All on JMG with Trent homegrown and Andy Robbo in-effect a freebie.

Hail.

At a DC United game, I like it more in person : )

does seem more physical in person, my opinion, less flopping then world cup.  American team can't always any good, but we don't do that flopping **** nearly as bad as some other teams, and I like that.  I can jua tell these arent the best players in the world, though.  Professional, but not how I look at say NBA or MLB

• Like 1

This is why soccer/football is the greatest. To just think that at that time you are supporting your club, there are millions across the globe you are linked with through this beautiful game. Just as the guy says in the video, you bring a group of complete strangers together, and they become brothers for a common goal. I knew none in my supports club when I joined, now I count a couple among my good friends. All through Reds footie.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That was like watching Utd. Utter ****e.

All self iinflicted. Made them look the better side and were very fortunate to take 3 points. 

At least we won’t have to endure their lower league support with their lower league ****e slung at us next season. I would say ‘enjoy the Championship’, but half of yers won’t F be back to see it next season! 

And Olivers still a useless prick. 

3 points. No fun day out. All I got.

Onto Wednesday. 

Up the spluttering, City matching Reds!

Hail.

10 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

DC United won Sunday afternoon to clinch a spot in the MLS playoffs. What an amazing turnaround by them, spearheaded by Rooney! 

It has been a great run, and Acosta has been magnificent also...it would just be easier to get more excited for me if it were anyone but Rooney.