Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

FINALLY the long weekend wait to see this exhilarating gang of Reds is over!

Palace are a good side (albeit managed by an archaic dinosaur and the worst manager we’ve ever had the displeasure of knowing. But at least there’s no surprises there and you know exactly how he’ll set up and what he’ll do); that should comfortably be mid-table this year. Don’t foresee any relegation issues for them this season. And in Zaha I personally think they have the best player the league outside the top 6 sides. I think he’ll have his best goal output yet this season. Love to watch him play football. Real exciting guy.

That said, this is a top notch L’pool side that barely got out of third gear last week and still walloped West Ham 4. And now they’ve another tough 8 days work together in them. 

As always, respect Palace and match them for effort but absolutely nottin to fear going down there. 

2/ 3 goal win to the mighty Reds to keep pace with City. 

Hail.

3 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Mourinho is still operating on Chelsea's behalf. Easiest way to destroy is from within.  Legend

Wouldn't they have had to have been competing over the same spots in the league table last season for Chelsea to be inclined to do that? 

Anyone here a PSG fan, I see they declined to loan out Weah, is this kid actually going to get some playing time?

Edit: So he's already getting playing time which is insane at 18 years old, excited to see this kid on the Nat team.

Edited by JSSkinz

Mad how we’ve got the best attack and best defence the PL.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/21/virgil-van-dijk-helped-liverpool-transform-error-prone-leaky/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

And just HOW dominant said defence was Monday night at one of the toughest places to go outside the top 6.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/incredible-stats-show-liverpools-defensive-15053835.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Happy days.

Hail.

• Like 1

the CP game is one 'pool would drop point on, especially when not firing on all cylinders.  not this year...

a frightening attack backed up by a stout defense-- the only squad not to concede a goal in the PL-- and teams are rightly afraid. 

the only question is if liverpool can handle the pressure put upon them by city.  they are so good that liverpool will have to be nearly perfect.  liverpool has to take care of business with low and mid table teams, and hold their own against the top 6.  it's going to be a wild ride this season...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Fair ****s to the La Liga players: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45269974

Realising that kissing TV’s ass isn’t the be all and end all of football. 

Be nice, if we ever got to this disgraceful stage, if the PL players would make a similar stance. 

Hail. 

As they should.  Same as NFL teams and fans losing home games to London.  Okay for the expansion of the game (and I'd suspect that soccer is more prone to expansion than football), but at what cost?!?  Such a competitive disadvantage, even with a likely solid profit margin.

You want to increase the game stateside?   Stop putting games on bull**** cable networks that people don't get easily, and stop milking fans with NBC gold plus bull****.  Play the games, show the games, grow the game.  It's thrilling enough without the ****ing bull****. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Is anyone else watching All Or Nothing Manchester City? 

Yeah. Up to episode 4. Good stuff.

i love all that stuff. The All Blacks, Michigan Wolverines. Probably like it better than the sports themselves. 

Arizona Cardinals All or nothing was good too. Or was that Hard Knocks?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Yeah. Up to episode 4. Good stuff.

i love all that stuff. The All Blacks, Michigan Wolverines. Probably like it better than the sports themselves. 

Arizona Cardinals All or nothing was good too. Or was that Hard Knocks?

Cardinals was All or Nothing. The Rams one year were on Hard Knocks and All or Nothing so you got to see the whole season from start to finish, was really good.

Im part way through the first episode of the Man City version, really interesting so far, looking forward to the rest of it. Its a really great series.

Its nice to be back at a new season, fresh start. Can actually look forward each week to Everton games again and watching them play. Hopefully that keeps up and I dont have to fall back into the pit of despair again. :D

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Cardinals was All or Nothing. The Rams one year were on Hard Knocks and All or Nothing so you got to see the whole season from start to finish, was really good.

Im part way through the first episode of the Man City version, really interesting so far, looking forward to the rest of it. Its a really great series.

Its nice to be back at a new season, fresh start. Can actually look forward each week to Everton games again and watching them play. Hopefully that keeps up and I dont have to fall back into the pit of despair again. :D

It's always entertaining to watch Pep coach, how he relates with his players. 

There's a podcast Yogi Roth (Life without Limits) where he interviews Jim Jorden who directed the Michigan all or nothing. Interesting how they pre mic'd and camera'd up all these rooms so they could capture honest dialogue. It's literally a big production. 

55 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Have to admit I’m binging the season. The inside the lockerroom stuff is incredible especially for Premier league teams that are from my understanding historically secretive.

I’ve seen so much NFL behind the scenes that to see it with soccer is really pretty cool.

• Like 1