Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

With Alisson just a matter of time, and Fekir looking highly likely, this is unequivocally our best ever window. Since there’s been ‘windows.’

Two of the big three, Firmino and Salah boxed off with 5 year extensions. With Sadio sat with a contract on the table.

Bonafied, top drawer DM finally added early in Fabinho. To go along with one of the most highly coveted and unique alround midfield talents in World football. Naby.

More quality, experienced, difference making talent Shaqiri swooped up in an absolute no-brainier buttons steal.

Now the only Achilles heal of this team FINALLY addressed in a de Gea-esq difference maker between the sticks. SO good was his season in Rome last year. 

And a top class midfield/ attacking talent looking highly likely to follow.

With nobody significant lost.

Statement and a half sent out.

But as this is still the internet, an obligitary ‘FSG OUT!’ These Yanks don’t have a clue!

Weat Ham can’t come quick enough. It’s gonna’ be one HELL of a fun ride again next year home and abroad.

Hail.

• Like 1

Got the Home decked out for the boys this weekend. All Reds in Charlotte abuzz! Already been in touch with like minded individuals in Michigan, so getting quite excited for these next 10-12 days. Be like seeing them home and away a week. Sure, it ain’t Anfield, but I’ll not be surprised to see B of A stadium sat about 80-90% Red.

Geeked for this season too GHH, especially if they get both Alisson and Fekir. Dream window! Would have preferred Oblak and Pulisic, but looks like one ain’t leaving Madrid, and the other may be a year away. (If he has a solid season, hope FSG test Dortmund’s resolve next summer.)

Thought about coming over this early season, but with the youngest off to school, and the wife going to be fully retirement vested in January, methinks next year will be the time. May try and come over for two weeks to a month in August-September. Cross your fingers.

The Red invasion of the States is nigh! 

D5C30899-27F0-4E84-A1EF-922B495AFE76.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Belter @Long n Left House looks boss mate.

You’ll have a complete blast Sat’day night the TAW gig. That’ll be like nottin’ yer expecting. Then the game Sunday. With a serious chance of being part of history and the biggest ever crowd to watch an LFC game Michigan.

Love these tours giving lads the chance to experience what I take for granted. Being able to experience the thrill of the Reds in person. Just reward for all the far flung dedication and early mornings.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/307441-rhian-brewster-liverpool-contract-signed

Great news in so far as tying down a real promising talent.

But I don’t know about him yanno?

Kid wants it all too soon and leaves you not entirely sure if he’s fully committed here? 

Mate, yers barely turned 18! Bit of patience for a few years as you develop and then there’s every chance you’ll be a 10 year L’pool #9.

Look at what’s happening at this club under Klopp mate and don’t get too greedy, too soon or you’ll miss out on all that.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, shame I won’t get to see Rhian this next week, but I’ll hope for a sighting when I come to Anfield soon. Kid looks the part. Don’t mind him being hot to go, gotta have some of that self confidence to be a world class striker. Hell, he was probably watching Mbappe and saying to himself, “FFS, I can do that!”

Wouldnt it be nice to roll him and Pulisic into the attack over the next couple seasons? And let’s not forget Curtis Jones either. Building a Red juggernaut.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

See, here’s my thing and the rub with the Dutch fella’.

On the face of it, every goalie under his charge has been dead poor. And in most cases flat out regressed. Starting with Reina on back. Although his heart was never in the club after Rafa left so that ones a wash.

But on the flip side of that, 3 top managers, Benitez, Kenny and now Klopp have not only retained him, they’ve all spoke in glowing terms on him. Now ‘keeper coaches aren’t on that great a salary and as such aren’t hard to bin off and replace.

So what gives there? These aren’t stupid men we’re talking about. Is it our recruitment in the first place where we’re just picking up bang average, uncoachable lads? Or is Acterberg fooling everyone and he really is a poor teacher?

I suspect it’s somewhere in the middle but it honestly conflicts me as to what to truly think on him?

He's the Dutch Danny Smith!

Who is Liverpool's version of Bang?

• Haha 1

Prejudice and racism developing in Italy and Poland after the WC final !:stop:

Corriere della Serra: "Si affrontano una squadra piena di fuoriclasse africani mescolati a buonissimi giocatori bianchi" They face a team full of African stars mixed with very good white players. On italian social networks : "Monkeys with a ball "," the first victory of an African team "," third world champions " 

Pogba and Mendy replying our team is only made out of French players. :headbang:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Corriere della Serra: "Si affrontano una squadra piena di fuoriclasse africani mescolati a buonissimi giocatori bianchi" They face a team full of African stars mixed with very good white players. On italian social networks : "Monkeys with a ball "," the first victory of an African team "," third world champions " 

Pogba and Mendy replying our team is only made out of French players. :headbang:

****ing disgraceful that. This day and age. Some people will walk in darkness forever.

Pun fully intended.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, FrFan said:

I don't think it's "developing" but rather has been there all along and is just know being expressed publicly.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Old Bay said:

Hey, look at that...Liverpool at Ewood Park.  Here's to no injuries and a good tune up in preseason.

Defo mate. Good luck and enjoy the big occasion. But you won’t be seeing Danny Ward in our goal ..... 

The Alisson effect has started .....

£12 million for a long distant 3rd, now 4th choice ‘keeper? 

Be WELL happy with that:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-goalkeeper-danny-ward-talks-14927699

More super work from Edwards if that gets over the line.

All three of Mignolet, Karius and Ward need moving on so Danny is as good a start as any. 

Couldn’t dislodge either Karius or Mignolet last season. To press hasn’t been able to dislodge the absolutely woeful Hennessy for Wales who’s well arguably worse than our two. 

Klopp and the staff see him everyday and there’s been rumours about his weight issues for a while so maybe that leads into a commitment/ attitude question? I don’t know but I do know being third choice to Mignolet and Karius says it all. 

Good luck with your future career Danny. 

But no great loss at all as far as L’pool are concerned.

Hail.

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

According to SWR radio Bayern signed Pavard

Saw that too. I'm a big fan. He handled himself quite well. 

Any truth that Neymar and Dani Alves give Mbappe a hard time at PSG? Rumor is that Neymar may be sold to Real if Tuchel signs off.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Saw that too. I'm a big fan. He handled himself quite well. 

Any truth that Neymar and Dani Alves give Mbappe a hard time at PSG? Rumor is that Neymar may be sold to Real if Tuchel signs off.

Just rumors from Spain, that means complete utter bs. He's Al Khelaifi's darling, I seriously doubt Tuchal has final say about Neymar.

They're pursuing Bonucci right now. If they have any once of intellgence they would dump all the brazilian cry babies Silva, Alves, Neymar, Marquinhos.

They sell Neymar to Real for Varane + cash. Marquinhos to Barca, Alves to a retirement house, Silva to AC Milan for Bonucci. Boateng is available.

It is rumored that Mbappé can't stand to be moked by them anymore. It's going to be very interesting since Mbappé value and influence have skyrocketed since the WC. The little diva had problems with Cavani, now with Mbappé, who's next ?

Edited by FrFan

:rofl89::rofl89:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LFC/status/1020063557726220288/video/1

IMHO, as a match goer since 1980, the single most important signing, after his manager, this football club has made in the PL era. Over a quarter of a Century. First time since Brucie Grobbelaar we've had a World Class security blanket. 

The biggest Achilles heal on this team, that’s been holding them back for decades, fixed! And fixed with the very best they could have got. 

Town. Like FOREVER!

Oh yeah, almost forgot .....

FSG OUT!!!!!

Hail. 

• Thanks 1

In all the mad excitement of Alisson last night, I forgot we’d rounded out the 4 domestic friendlies with a 2-0 workout at Blackburn before the next step up and the flight to America today.

Really hope Rafa Camacho, Jones and Phillips come to that make the plane for the States to go alongside Woodburn. All have had 4 fine halves the domestic friendlies. Ojo, good outing at Tranmere aside, Chirivella and Kent not so much. 

Origi continues to seriously underwhelm. Lad has everything to be the indentikit modern day forward. The physical size. Pace. Technique. Two good feet. Aerial ability. But uses none of it. Since the blue ____house did him his confidence has just gone to ____ and not returned. Solanke struggling all 4 games against the level of opponent he’s faced is disconcerting too. Daniel being fit and looking like the top drawer Sturridge we know his ridiculous talent would have him at if he was healthy couldn’t be happening at a better time. But I’m still not allowing myself to fall into that trap with him as we know his body is made of glass and he’s just one training session from going down. Let alone actual game. Sighs. 

Nice to see Karius looking confident last night and just doing his job without concern. Hopefully the weight of the top spot off his shoulders will help him massively in his recovery rebuilding his naturally kettled head.

Clyne and Lallana probably been the players of the first 4 games for me along with Jones. Like having 2 completely new, quality signings. People seem to of forgotten just how good and integral both were to the side in their abscence. Lallana in particular. What a dream of a talented footballer he is. So effortless but so classy with it. 

Would have been nice to see Joe inside alongside big Virge Blackburn. As good as he was again RB. But positional needs must and all that with the depleted group and switched teams per half. Now they’ll all be playing longer minutes the States I’m sure we’ll get to see that.

Nothing needs adding on Fabinho and Naby. We know they’re both top echelon. The PL will wish they’d never seen Keita. Constant pest who just never stops. Both ends the park. Unique talent. And Fabinho just oozes tactical nounce and elegance. 

And what the heck got into Ladzar last night? If he worked as hard as that day-to-day he’d be a key member the squad. But sadly he never has and isn’t. Another in a long line of frustrating as all heck modern day footballers who flutter away their talent but end up set for life out of the game.

Moreno’s still _____. But that one is what it is for another year of Lewis and co’s development. I’ll give Matip a pass for looking as poor as he normally does the first two down to being out so long. But he needs to pick it up massively if he’s to partner big Virge early. 

Mo, Sadio, Big Shaq and Grujic all back in work today for the flight to the States so the grouos getting stronger all the time. Should be good for a first outing Utd a week Sat’day in what’s looking like a record ever attendance for a L’pool game. Envious of our American friends and lads who’ve gone over getting to be a part of Liverpool history like that.

Sure r mate @Long n Left will have an absolute blast this tour. Made up for you guys to see Klopps Reds up close again.

Hail. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1