Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

5 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

I wasn't aware before how bad the Swedish behavior was with their flopping and whining.**** them.

I don’t recall them being that bad so far, Inthink it was them fighting from behind trying to get calls. 

Loving England, France, Belgium.

IMO, I think France is showingbthe best so far, but these are all attacking teams.

Now, Croatia needs to beat Russia.

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Loving England, France, Belgium.

IMO, I think France is showingbthe best so far, but these are all attacking teams.

Yeah its great to see some one other than Brazil, Argentina or Germany (and to a lesser extent, Italy).

France-England final would be fun. I mean Cowboys-Redskins, Yankees-Red Sox, Caps-Penguins, Florida-Florida State, they got nothing

on France-England. That's the oldest rivalry there is.  

8 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I kinda want England vs Russia, with all the political hate between those two countries it makes the game even more intriguing.

Would watch but it’s really right in the middle of the work week during a weekday...

what are are the odds on Croatia vs Russia?

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Would watch but it’s really right in the middle of the work week during a weekday...

what are are the odds on Croatia vs Russia?

I have no idea, Croatia has more talent but that doesn't always equal a win, you never know what can happen with a host team the longer they stay alive.

Russia is the 70th ranked team in the world, I don't know that a team ranked that low has ever made a WC Semifinal, cinderella's don't usually last past the quarters.

Edited by JSSkinz

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I have no idea, Croatia has more talent but that doesn't always equal a win, you never know what can happen with a host team the longer they stay alive.

Russia is the 70th ranked team in the world, I don't know that a team ranked that low has ever made a WC Semifinal, cinderellas don't usually last past the quarters.

And they aren’t playing Spain this time, Russia was fortunate to get that equalizer and then took advantage of Spain’s slow style and forced PK’s, I don’t see that happening today against Croatia. 

But, playing on pure guts can carry a close match.

• Like 1

Seeing the biggest upsets in tournament history, the South Korean Wins over Italy and Spain should be stricken from record as they were both a disgraceful stain on the game. Getting jobbed out by FIFA in an attempt to build the game in Asia shouldn't count as an "upset". It was an outrage.

@Long n Left

Nice day out the sun finally watching footie again. 

Interesting crowd dynamic Chester. The England scores announced were met with a mixture of cheers from the locals  and ‘F England!’ from most Reds in attendance. But yanno .....

Good workout the heat. Particularly second half. Fabinho and Nabby on different sides each half but you can see the instant dominance they’ll have as a pair this league. Fabinho so cool the ball and tactically savvy his half. Spraying it all over from a deep playmaking role and hitting the post from the edge the box. Nabby was Nabby second half. Non-stop motor winning it all over the park. Only dent was a bad miss, which along with Milner doing the same could have had it pushing double figures. 2 up the half with the two Wilson goals. Origi as profligate as ever in front of goal. Moreno still utter wank. Milner added an early peno the second after Ojo was brought down after a boss through ball from Sturridge. Who scored two belters himself. Such a shame he’s made of glass as his talent is up there with anyone as you know. Kent webbed in a 20 yarder and Ings added his name to the seven.

Great to see Clyne back at RB and Joe flipped back inside. That should be the status quo again now Clynes fit. Both stood out the first half. And nice to see Karius both get a great reception and do what he had to do without a hiccup. 

Seven goals. No injuries. Two pretty strong sides working hard for 45 minutes eqch. Good extended training exercise to round off the first week back. 

Onto Tranmere Tuesday.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, visionary said:

Is there any substance to the announcer on Fox at halftime calling this "The Greatest Ever World Cup" or is that just annoying self promoting bs?

I mean its been competitive and crazy with all the traditional juggernauts losing early, but I dont know about greatest ever.