Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

13 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Fabinho wouldn't have started at Utd? Like he's not a combination of a 6 and an 8 and wouldn't have worked perfectly with Matic and Pogba?

This is getting more funny by the post. 

Hail. 

He's better as a deep lying playmaker and Fred is a better box-to-box type which is more of what United needed. Very similar player to Ramires and Essien, although not on Essien's level unfortunately. I've pretty much been objective since I started posting here and I've never addressed anyone trying to have a discussion disrespectfully. My knowledge of this game is good enough that I have no need to try to be "funny". 

Berggy hits it right on the head - the last thing United need is another defensive minded midfielder and Fabinho, in his current state, would not displace anyone in tbose positions. What United lack is a box to box midfielder with dynamism.

58 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Oh I didn’t think you were trying to be funny. I knew you were being serious in saying he wouldn’t of started at Utd ergo they weren’t after him which is what made it funny.

Hail. 

More that his best position in midfield is occupied by one of the manager's favorites. Fabinho is more of a drifter (not a slight on him) like Matic and Pogba. Liverpool in my opinion have a need there whereas United's need was a type of midfielder Liverpool already have. Shows how much depth Brazil have in this area you could have flipped a coin between the 2 for that last midfielder spot. I may be wrong but I think it came down to the fact that Fred was more of a natural backup to Paulinho with Fernandinho backing up Casimero. 

So I remembered reading some of you guys talking about Football Manager earlier, and I thought you might find this interesting:

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-real-life-teams-are-using-football-manager-to-target-their-next-star-player/

The touchline pretenders among us aren’t the only ones scouring Football Manager 2017’s database for the perfect signing. From the big dogs in the Champions League, to the relative pups of the USA’s Major League Soccer, football clubs across the planet tap into the same database to help them make crucial decisions about the players that could take them to the next level. 

“We have some clubs that will take every single aspect of data,” Sports Interactive’s head of business development, Tom Markham, tells me. “One of the Champions League clubs we are working with will evaluate the composition of teams. They’ll look back at older data and see what is the actual makeup—I’m talking nationalities, I’m talking characters—and they will use the attributes in terms of their evaluation. 

“There’s another team in the Premier League that uses our data, and all they wanted was height and weight data. We’ve got clubs that will come to us and they’re looking for player earnings and contract expiry dates. We’ve had Ray Houghton come in when he was working for the FAI, trying to find anyone who had an Irish passport who could potentially play for Ireland.”

18 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

"slight push"? Would be a penalty?

Absolutely, sorry I stand by what I said :D and he could have avoided any contact with Karius instead he raised his elbow and didn't even bother saying sorry. He got a slight push from behind and retaliated on the GK, typical Ramos, nothing new. Remember how he laughed out loud after injurying Salah ?

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Absolutely, sorry I stand by what I said :D and he could have avoided any contact with Karius instead he raised his elbow and didn't even bother saying sorry. He got a slight push from behind and retaliated on the GK, typical Ramos, nothing new. Remember how he laughed out loud after injurying Salah ?

c'est une  vidéo vieille mais a beaucoup joueurs celebres (corrige mon francais SVP)

10 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

c'est une  vidéo vieille mais a beaucoup joueurs celebres (corrige mon francais SVP)

C'est une vieille vidéo, mais il y a (there is) beaucoup de joueurs célèbres.

Sincere congratulations for your effort, really appreciated :cheers: since french grammar can be a real pain in the ass (even for us :ph34r:) :)

I don't think we will do anything better than the previous WC, we've got a weak D: Varane is on the downhill, Umtiti is so inconsistent, Mendy comes back from injury, Rami is a joke (selected because Koscielny is injured). On the other hand Pavard and Hernandez made quite an impression during the last friendly.

Deschamps is enamored with Pogba who's running his arrogant mouth claiming he's going to be the boss of this team on and off the field ! So far he's been a ghost on the field.

I'm happy with Tolisso, Kanté, Mbappé, Matuidi, Dembélé, hope Griezmann will be there when we will need him the most.

The worst enemies of this team are, as usually, Lazyness and Arrogance.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, FrFan said:

C'est une vieille vidéo, mais il y a (there is) beaucoup de joueurs célèbres.

Sincere congratulations for your effort, really appreciated :cheers: since french grammar can be a real pain in the ass (even for us :ph34r:) :)

I don't think we will do anything better than the previous WC, we've got a weak D: Varane is on the downhill, Umtiti is so inconsistent, Mendy comes back from injury, Rami is a joke (selected because Koscielny is injured). On the other hand Pavard and Hernandez made quite an impression during the last friendly.

Deschamps is enamored with Pogba who's running his arrogant mouth claiming he's going to be the boss of this team on and off the field ! So far he's been a ghost on the field.

I'm happy with Tolisso, Kanté, Mbappé, Matuidi, Dembélé, hope Griezmann will be there when we will need him the most.

The worst enemies of this team are, as usually, Lazyness and Arrogance.

Thanks for the "fixing". I still second guess myself on noun adjective positioning. Why does old (vielle) come before video, but celebres comes after joueurs? And the marks above the vowels, I'm familiar with but not good adding them on an English keyboard. 

The strength of your squad is in the attacking end—Good attacking forwards and midfielders. Kante and Matuidi should do a good job screening your back line. Lloris is pretty good. Je préféré Areola, parce que il est "Phillipin" comme moi—c'est incroyable q'ui fait presque deux métres, parce que le moyen Phillipin mesure 160 cm. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Thanks for the "fixing". I still second guess myself on noun adjective positioning. Why does old (vielle) come before video, but celebres comes after joueurs? And the marks above the vowels, I'm familiar with but not good adding them on an English keyboard. 

The strength of your squad is in the attacking end—Good attacking forwards and midfielders. Kante and Matuidi should do a good job screening your back line. Lloris is pretty good. Je préféré Areola, parce que il est "Phillipin" comme moi—c'est incroyable q'ui fait presque deux métres, parce que le moyen Phillipin mesure 160 cm. 

Alphonse was inconsistent last season, but the talent is definitely here. If the evil empire can sign Buffon he'll have the greatest tutor to improve his game.

LLoris case is much worse because he is supposed to be our N°1 GK, someone reliable, he doesn't deserve to be our starter but since (like Pogba) he is one of Deschamps' darlings he gets free passes. Mandanda isn't great but so far the most reliable just behind Alphonse.

Alphonse Mom & Dad

6241740_5.JPG

A link about our terrible grammar, get your advils ready :ols:

Edited by FrFan

That’s Fekir ticked off. 

£48.4 Mil plus a possible further £4.4 in bonus’ ..... Who said  Aulas was tough to negotiate with?

Edwards is doing some superb business and we’re just into June. That’s basically the Coutinho money on three top class midfielders. Edwards is killing this window. If he manages to sort out a price with either Atletico or Roma ..... HELLO!

Fabinho, Keita and Fekir bhind the best front three in Europe.

City. You’re on notice. You will have a challenge yet.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

That’s Fekir ticked off. 

£48.4 Mil plus a possible further £4.4 in bonus’ ..... Who said  Aulas was tough to negotiate with?

Edwards is doing some superb business and we’re just into June. That’s basically the Coutinho money on three top class midfielders. Edwards is killing this window. If he manages to sort out a price with either Atletico or Roma ..... HELLO!

Fabinho, Keita and Fekir bhind the best front three in Europe.

City. You’re on notice. You will have a challenge yet.

Hail. 

Ha ha. Was just coming in to post similar.

Yeah, one of the two WC keepers out there, and it’s an insane window, yet there’s still noise around Shaqiri, Malcom, Simon, among others. Think some cover for the wings would be perfect. Wish it would be Pulisic, but may have to wait for January or next summer to replenish funds.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Ha ha. Was just coming in to post similar.

Yeah, one of the two WC keepers out there, and it’s an insane window, yet there’s still noise around Shaqiri, Malcom, Simon, among others. Think some cover for the wings would be perfect. Wish it would be Pulisic, but may have to wait for January or next summer to replenish funds.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Oompa-Lumpa from Stoke is a smokescreen to someone else personally given Edwards is getting good at that, but man do I want the Nigerian Daddy what’s his name.

Just for his boss name alone! 

Hail.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Oompa-Lumpa from Stoke is a smokescreen to someone else personally given Edwards is getting good at that, but man do I want the Nigerian Daddy what’s his name.

Just for his boss name alone! 

Hail.

Moses Simon, the prophet? ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

I'd rather give Ben Woodburn a run if it was me. 

Don’t think Woodburn is a winger myself. Wilson, maybe, Ojo, for sure, but think Woodburn would have to play more centrally. Really think they need a pacy winger to give Salah/Mane a blow.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Don’t think Woodburn is a winger myself. Wilson, maybe, Ojo, for sure, but think Woodburn would have to play more centrally. Really think they need a pacy winger to give Salah/Mane a blow.

Joyce is mooting Wilson will get a thorough look pre-season to see if he’s progressed enough to be ready for this staff and all require so there is that. 

Still .... 

Announce Pulisic already! 

Hail.

• Like 1