Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

*Edit* In reality Martin, I don't think we'd take too much of a loss if we were to move him on. (Which I'd be all for as happens.). He's the top striker in Europe over the past year. Top of the group just behind Messi and Ronaldo. Put him on the open market, and they'll be a slew of major clubs offering major money and ignoring his character. World class talent is always a leveller.

No question there will/would be a market for him - but any ban he gets from the FA would apply worldwide I think? If so and he gets something significant like 10 plus games plus the risk of his temperament would lower his value I think. I agree with you about him being in that group just behind Messi and Ronaldo and talent like that does get a player more tolerance for bad behaviour than your average player - but you run out of road somewhere along the line.

Its tough on Liverpool - do they build a team around him or try to cash in and move on? Personally I would keep him - he is that good - and keep my fingers crossed!

Interesting you should mention current Utd players Richmond. And I aren't turning this into a Liverpool/ United thing. I think I've been scathing enough on Suarez and still am today.

Just as I was thinking of comparable incidents and two that sprung to mind as equally disgusting and indefensible were Cantona attacking a fan; and Keane openly going out to end Haalands career, then standing over him after he did him screaming abuse as his victim rived in agony with a shattered leg.

As these were both in you're supporting lifetime, did you want those two out of the club or support them Out of pure interest?

Hail.

*Edit* In reality Martin, I don't think we'd take too much of a loss if we were to move him on. (Which I'd be all for as happens.). He's the top striker in Europe over the past year. Top of the group just behind Messi and Ronaldo. Put him on the open market, and they'll be a slew of major clubs offering major money and ignoring his character. World class talent is always a leveller.

I won't stop supporting my club due to the stupid actions of players however I won't support them. I'll celebrate the goals as for Utd but I don't support those that go out of their way to be dirty. Notice I generally go for clubs with a certain level of class. SAF(may act like a tool when he loses sometimes) demands his players conduct themselves a certain way. Notice even after the heartbreaking PL title loss he told his players to thank the fans right after they found out. He smirked the whole thing off. Dortmund from the managers to the players all class. Even when their top player is rumored to be leaving they have kept their focus and now sit in the Champions semis. Believe or not even my recent enjoyment of Barcelona( Bayern best friends says I must be out to end him with supporting Dortmund and now enjoying Barcelona). I appreciate how the Barca players rally to protect their teammates in incidents particularly some nasty ones with Real. Well I wouldn't be against Ronaldo getting his title I can't back that club because of deeper history. I hate to take this to a different level but the term "More than a club" means something to me because that club represented suffered especially Catholics against the govt/dictator backed Real Madrid. I know we're here in 2013 but those things mean something to me. I expect any of club of mine to conduct themselves a certain way which is why I'm severely harsh on my own teams and their fans. Dortmund fans I never worry about but I get sick everytime I hear any Hilsborough chants much the same way I'm sure you don't appreciate the "Man U got on a plane" chants that Liverpool fans do. There's a certain integrity that I expect in soccer no matter the level.

Actually just two days ago I got on a break away with one defender left. He was to my right so basically all I had to do with outrun or cross him up and its Torres kind of deal. Well the guy came at full speed from a angle and just blasted me from the side(dude had about 25-30 pounds on me). I actually rolled over twice from the impact. Never played the ball or anything. The dude looked on amused like I flopped. Didn't put his hand out or anything awknowledging what he did. Both teams wanted him ejected which he was. That's what I expect. His own players looking at him like "come man really?"

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

I finally just watched it and, sorry if this has been brought up, but was Suarez trying to con the ref into a awarding L'pool a penalty based on Ivanovic's reaction? Ivanovic clearly strikers at LS' head and, as we all know, the reaction is usually what is caught by the ref.

How boring is what? Same team winnin it half the time? I guess. I enjoy looking back and seein how united has evolved. From Cantona to Giggs/beck ham/schooled to van nistelrooy years to cronaldo to the current version.

SAF has been ridiculous in that stretch. I don't know if I would want to play for him-the pressure must be ridiculous.

Joking aside, dudes the player of the year by far for me this season. He's been sensational for Tottenham this term.

But I expect Van Persie to get it as he plays for the Champions.

Hail.

Bale has been the best player in the Premiership by a distance this year. Van Persie had a good year but could not hit the side of a barn from 5 paces the last 6 weeks or so, he really went off the boil....if he wins player of the year it's a travesty. Not that I really care about these kind of awards - how do you compare a striker with a centre half or a goalkeeper for example?

2nd and 3rd goals should never of stood, but that was indeed a surprising ass kicking.

Messi annominous (and not fully fit. That gamble backfired but you have to take it); Barca more if the possession but toothless up front and woeful at the back. Well done Munich on another European Cup Final. If they win a 5th, they'll join Madrid, Milan and Liverpool as the only clubs to OWN a European Cup.

Awesome stuff.

Hail.

Barca's reign is over, granted the ref was out of his mind though. Never saw Bayern playing like that with an average of 85% wins, 2.83 goals/game and a 0.57 goal conceded !

Edited by FrFan

Speaking of Van Persie I just wanted to take a minute to enjoy title #20. Title is back home covered in red.

original.

http://www.hark.com/clips/hhcmwppvlx-have-you-ever-been-to-manchester

"Have you ever been to Manchester, Ben? . Hmm? . Smokestacks - Crowds - Bleak. All that's left for me to look forward to there is my old stall, in my father's muslin plant. That's right, muslin!"

<param name="movie" value="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_16x16.swf?pid=hhcmwppvlx"/>

<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>

<param name="allownetworking" value="all"/>

<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>

<embed src="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_16x16.swf?pid=hhcmwppvlx" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" width="16" height="16" wmode="transparent"></embed>

</object><br/>

<a href="undefined" style="font-size: 9px; color: #ddd;" title="Listen to on Hark.com"></a>" align="baseline" border="0" width="275" height="40" type="audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin" console="<object width="16" height="16" class="hark_player">

<param name="movie" value="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_16x16.swf?pid=hhcmwppvlx"/>

<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>

<param name="allownetworking" value="all"/>

<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>

<embed src="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_16x16.swf?pid=hhcmwppvlx" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" width="16" height="16" wmode="transparent"></embed>

</object><br/>

<a href="undefined" style="font-size: 9px; color: #ddd;" title="Listen to on Hark.com"></a>" controls="ControlPanel" autostart="false">

Edited by Monk4thaHALL

Absolute victimisation. No other word for it.

That's 3 or 4 games for the bite. 6 games for being called Luis Suarez.

Terry, Frrdinand et all get slap on the wrists in comparison. Suarez gets half a season in two bans. One rule for Liverpool Foitball Club. One rule for everyone else. Henry and the club need to stand strong and make the point. Accept it, but say enough is enough of this witch hunt bull ****.

Disgusted.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Not enough to me.

I would go the other way (granted I am a Liverpool fan). 10 games seems excessive considering you get 3 games for a vicious tackle that may permanently injury or end a career. The act of biting someone whilst playing a sport is ridiculous and should be punished severely. The act of injuring someone seems to be less frowned upon. If Suarez dove in with two feet when Ibranovich had the ball resulting in a broken leg, he would punished less severely. This doesn't seem right to me...