Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

The last time L'pool played Madrid in the European Cup Final, back in 1981, I watched the first half the telly then me Ma, unbelievably, sent us to bed for the second! (School night or not, had Childline been around back then I'd of been straight on the 'phone! Shocking case of child abuse that! Haha.). So I listened to the second half, under the duvet, with Clive Tyldesley and the Radio City commentary as L'pool beat Real Madrid to win their 3rd European Cup in 5 seasons.

That was, incidentally, the last time Real Madrid lost on the biggest occasion the sport has to offer. Winning all 6 finals since to now be playing for a magnificent 3 in a row. 

Now, 37 years later, I get to see L'pool take on Real Madrid again for the biggest of all prizes. This time live along with 40 odd thousand other Scousers in what will be a rocking, 2/3rds red Olimpiyskiy Stadium. Ala the Ataturk on that greatest of all nights 13 years ago Friday. Something rather poetic that 
a L'pool win will bookend Madrid's last 2 defeats in the European Cup. 

Mad how this narrative is forming that Madrid has to have a bad game for L'pool to win. Has nobody been watching these brilliant Reds set records as they've rampaged through Europe this season? Just make winning #6 Sat'day all the sweeter! 

1 more sleep and the last European adventure of the season can begin in earnest!

'When the Reds, Go up, To lift the European Cup, We'll be there, We'll be there! ..... '

Hail. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

No card for Ramos pulling down Salah...

It's Real, Ramos is a prick he can do whatever he wants and get away with it. Real is FIFA's darling.

C'mon Jurgen kick their asses !

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Not that it'd ever happen but if you could trust a ref's judgement on this maybe give them the power to issue a red card for yellow card fouls of that nature, i.e intentional fouls that are not blatant dangerous play but end up in the fouled player not being able to continue? You can get a red card going into a challenge with 100% intentions of winning the ball. 

• Like 1