Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

On chances, we should never of let you get away with a draw. Real good game (with some shocking defending); but REAL frustrating.

Oh, and you need a 'keeper BADLY.

Hail.

I'm starting to think Liverpool need a keeper as well. Reina never moved for that second goal, it was well struck but from that angle he should have at least reacted to the shot.

We've needed one since Lehman.

I wonder if I was wrong about giroud, or if this is Just a spell of good form. The defending was atrocious. I don't know what it is with Verm. I think wenger really picks players based on technical ability and not flat out attacker stopping ability. Sign Chris samba and add some teeth to this defense.

We've needed one since Lehman.

I wonder if I was wrong about giroud, or if this is Just a spell of good form. The defending was atrocious. I don't know what it is with Verm. I think wenger really picks players based on technical ability and not flat out attacker stopping ability. Sign Chris samba and add some teeth to this defense.

QPR have bagged him. (Although he looked distinctly average in both our games against Anzhi this year.).

All the more bizarre when he inherited and built his early success on the defensive backbone of Dixon, Winterburn, Adams and Keown/ Campbell. But to be perfectly honest, the overall standard of defending in the EPL is at an all time low. That's why the league is so exciting. No ****** can defend.

---------- Post added January-31st-2013 at 03:01 PM ----------

I'm starting to think Liverpool need a keeper as well. Reina never moved for that second goal, it was well struck but from that angle he should have at least reacted to the shot.

As per the on-going discussion the past few pages, Reina's form his dipped dramatically the past 18 months.

Two years ago, he was the top 'keeper in the league, a serious rival to Cassiles if Spain would ever think about dropping Cassiles; and on his way to rivaling Clem as the clubs best of all time if he stayed long enough.

Now, he'd be lucky to be in the top 5 EPL 'keepers over the past 18/24 months.

And the on-going contract B/S is wearing REAL thin. Sign already or **** off back to Spain.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

LFC should totally ditch Reina and pick up someone like Stekelenburg from Roma. :ols:

Brek Shea's moved from Dallas to Stoke on a 4 and a half year deal.

Who said the MLS is a poor standard?

Hail.

MLS still has alot of work to do. The best countries in the world have many of their own players in their own league (Brazil, Germany, England, Italy). All our players have to go overseas to learn and get better.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

That's not true. She's happy but physically unable to smile any more.

PSG is just "collecting" now. Ligue 1 shouldn't be a terribly difficult domestic league to win annually and get the guaranteed Champion's League spot (top 3) and all the money that comes with it. If you had money for a club to buy players why go somewhere with a lot of competition? EPL? La Liga? Serie A? Bundesliga, maybe but the money is handcuffed there, I think.

Nouveau Riche PSG is buying a championship with Lucas, Ibra, Thiago. Since they got crazy oil money now.

Hipster Wenger is at it again and signs unheard of player: a left back from Malaga, Nacho Monreal (anagram for Acorn Manhole).

Undoubtably he'll be a technical wizard whose understanding of the game is sooo high he gets more of a rush from a sublime 24-pass sequence than scoring a goal after only two passes or an errant backpass.

Beckham has just signed for PSG (Paris St German). Paris makes sense - keep his wife happy (to the extent she ever appears happy that is). Not quite sure why PSG are in the market for a 38 year old midfield player but then I dont know that much about French football.

PSG got its promo/marketing tool, just following suspicions of corruption involving the Qataris bribing Platini and Blatter to get the WC in exchange for building a top european team through PSG and to air a TV football channel.

LFC should totally ditch Reina and pick up someone like Stekelenburg from Roma. :ols:

He wants to go to Real and for me they can have him.

We should've never given up 2 goals in five minutes vs Arsenal. That was heartbreaking. And I was driving home while listening to that game... you don't want a mad DC9 behind the wheel.

He wants to go to Real and for me they can have him.

We should've never given up 2 goals in five minutes vs Arsenal. That was heartbreaking. And I was driving home while listening to that game... you don't want a mad DC9 behind the wheel.

neither goal was really his fault, but he could have done a lot more with the second...

what a goal today....

unfortunately Pepe forgot what position he plays and the Reds did not get the 3 points they earned...

Frustrating as all heck as over the past 5 days we've contrived to take 2 points when we wholly deserved 6. Away from home at two top 4 clubs. (Even if Arsenal aren't currently in the top 4.). Stupid fricking defensive lapses in both games.

But on the plus side, a sign of how far this has progressed when we're pissed at two draws in successive games from two tough venues. Sadly, we're not quite at the stage to put these games away yet. But the better the personnel gets, and the more BR's philosophy transcends, we will be.

Hail.