Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Watching the 12/29

Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur match. 2-1 Tot both within 10 minutes after the start of the second half.

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 09:06 AM ----------

Wow! What an incredibly lucky save from the Sunderland keeper...staggering across his line got his hand up to block a shot from maybe 10 feet away!

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 09:30 AM ----------

Sunderland's defense is really tight, this match should be 4-1 right now if not for the defenders stepping up.

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 09:39 AM ----------

Final. Good match but rather sloppy play with some cheap fouls given up by Tottenham.

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 09:42 AM ----------

Next Manchester City v Norwich City.

Holy crap...Man City 1-0 1:22 into the match.

:yikes: 2-0 4 minutes in.....this could get ugly.

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 10:17 AM ----------

2-1 The Canaries answer off an IFK just outside the box, foul should have never been called as the defender got his foot clearly on the ball.

Man City playing ticked-off now.

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 10:48 AM ----------

Wow.....shoddy refs.

Yellow card on another legal tackle against Norwich....but then a red for a flick of a head-butt from Nasri.

Man City playing 1 man down.

2-1 Man City at the half.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

Nicely done Norwich flick header goal off a header from the cross.

3-2 Man City lead 63 min.

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 11:27 AM ----------

Holy crap! Manchester City scores again!

4-2 but it will be scored as an own goal as it bounced off the keeper after he blocked the shot with his hand.

68 min in now.

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 11:35 AM ----------

Norwich just won't go away, off the corner set piece into a mosh pit then off the keeper's head.

4-3 @76 minutes.

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 11:44 AM ----------

This has turned into a much more physical match.

86 min.

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 11:49 AM ----------

Ok, I get the whole stalling when you're ahead thing, but the ref is just gonna tack the time on at the end, so why bother?

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 11:53 AM ----------

:ols: These are the sloooooooooooooowest substitutions by Man City I've ever seen, they could belly crawl and be off faster. Last guy off was thanking the refs as if it were the Academy Awards!

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 11:56 AM ----------

Awwww I feel bad for Norwich they really gave Man City a run for it.

4-3 final

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 12:19 PM ----------

Aston Villa have so far been outscored 14-0 during this Christmas period.

Yeah....that's not good. Looks like the fans started leaving really early from that match, just really bad.

Arsenal v Newcastle

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 12:51 PM ----------

Arsenal strikes first 1-0 20 minutes in.

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 12:53 PM ----------

Arsenals' coach is stuck in his jacket, zipper is broken...they keep going back to him fighting with it. :ols:

http://youtu.be/os6G4QLqhv8

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

Different leagues, various counties....nothing. (U6----U12)

I think if there was deliberate time wasting, i.e. pass back + keeper holding the ball for extended time then we'd probably see it.

Prior to the rule change, what often happened was the keeper would pick the ball up and then roll it back to a defender, who under pressure would just turn around and knock it back to the keeper. And so on. Just time wasting.

Edited by Corcaigh

Prior to the rule change, what often happened was the keeper would pick the all up and then roll it back to a defender, who under pressure would just turn around and knock it back to the keeper. And so on. Just time wasting.

Yeah, we don't see that at all, the kids are too aggressive on offense to get away with it.

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 01:16 PM ----------

Newcastle scores the equalizer of a deflection from an IFK.

44 mins. 1-1

This was huge for Newcastle because Arsenal has been in control of this game from the start.

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 01:38 PM ----------

Goal! Arsenal puts one in at the 50 minute mark!

2-1

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 01:47 PM ----------

Wow tap in equalizer from Newcastle, doesn't get easier than that for a score, four defenders all on one side of the net, passed across easy-peasy tap in.

2-2 60 min

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 01:52 PM ----------

Aaaaaaand Arsenal responds quickly, short cross, off the center bar, off the back of the Newcastle captain's head, then a quick tap in for goal.

3-2 65 mins.

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 01:56 PM ----------

Wow sloppy defending again by Arsenal....giving up ANOTHER equalizer!

3-3 69 min

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 02:00 PM ----------

Geeze I can't keep up!

Arsenal back up again!

4-3 72 minutes.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

Wow things have settled down....no one has scored in the past eight minutes. :D

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 02:12 PM ----------

Bang! Nice one touch diving header off the cross for Arsenal!

5-3 @84 minutes

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 02:14 PM ----------

Holy crap!

Arsenal scores again quickly!

6-3 @86 minutes.

---------- Post added December-29th-2012 at 02:20 PM ----------

Oh emm geee

arsenal puts in the 7th! Walcott with the hat trick!

7-3 at 92 minutes with 5 minutes stoppage time.....this could get worse for Newcastle.

Walcott was tremendous with the hat trick and an assist, & Giroud should have had a hat trick in less than 20 mins, but was denied by the crossbar. Newcastle United is in serious trouble right now, after a great season last year.

Yeah, that crossbar was pure robbery.

Newcastle's defense just quit though, no excuse.

*edit

A friend put the "low score" thing into perspective for me a couple weeks ago, we were talking about 2-0 wins not feeling like much, but then he said, "Just multiply them by 7 to see what the NFL score would be". That made a lot of sense to me, so Arsenal won 48-21 over Newcastle. I still don't like the tie thing, but the NFL has made that easier now too so I'm getting used to it.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

Hey, anything's possible and with Arsenal's track record for keeping players....

players end up going to clubs that are in a better position than Arsenal. You know that isnt Liverpool, lets not kid ourselves here.

The only thing Liverpool can promise Theo is that he will play central striker, they wont be able to pay him or promise the chance at trophies. Its not happening, and I think Sturridge being signed by Liverpool shows they wont make a move for Theo.

players end up going to clubs that are in a better position than Arsenal. You know that isnt Liverpool, lets not kid ourselves here.

The only thing Liverpool can promise Theo is that he will play central striker, they wont be able to pay him or promise the chance at trophies. Its not happening, and I think Sturridge being signed by Liverpool shows they wont make a move for Theo.

I guess you missed the part where I said he would look fantastic in a different shade of Red. I never said he was going to Liverpool, only I would like to see him there. You can take that for what it's worth. As far as I know, nothing is official. The window hasn't opened and no one has taken a physical...

Edited by jobaga

I guess you missed the part where I said he would look fantastic in a different shade of Red. I never said he was going to Liverpool, only I would like to see him there.

im aware, which is why I laughed at the thought.

I only went further when you replied that "anything is possible," and cited Arsenal not keeping players as a reason in an attempt to escalate the possibility of Theo going to Liverpool. I then stated that players end up in better situations than Arsenal, and Liverpool isnt that.

You can take that for what it's worth. As far as I know, nothing is official. The window hasn't opened and no one has taken a physical...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20828488

Chelsea's interim manager Rafael Benitez said after his side's 8-0 win over Aston Villa on Sunday that he believed Sturridge had travelled to Merseyside for a medical.

"The information I had was that he was there, passing the medical, but we don't have any more information," he added.

"Maybe he will come back to say hello, or goodbye. We will see. He's a good player. He has all the talent."

Yeah, that crossbar was pure robbery.

Newcastle's defense just quit though, no excuse.

*edit

A friend put the "low score" thing into perspective for me a couple weeks ago, we were talking about 2-0 wins not feeling like much, but then he said, "Just multiply them by 7 to see what the NFL score would be". That made a lot of sense to me, so Arsenal won 48-21 over Newcastle. I still don't like the tie thing, but the NFL has made that easier now too so I'm getting used to it.

I think this is where the criticism of clubs like Chelsea, United (to an extent) and City come to a head. Without injuries, Newcastle is a top 4 club. With injuries they are relegation bait. You gotta have depth.

Although after watching the game, Newcastle has some defensively lazy players. As a pro, the LEAST you can do is run.

Nice wins today by Chelsea and Liverpool, I was actually pulling for Everton because of Howard and it looked early on that they would o it, but they just ran out of gas. QPR however was awful from the start, 30' in and they were down 3-0, the announcers were even making jokes about QPR players getting called for "impersonation" to which the other replied, "....of what...a footballer?"

All in all a good weekend of soccer, most goals scored in any weekend all season long, some really good matches....some...not so much.

Watching the West Brom vs. Fulham match.

1st half West Brom was pretty calm, went into the half down one goal, they opened second half quickly with an equalizer and have been simply dominating since, 10 mins into the second half and they've already had nearly a half dozen shots on target, the Fulham keeper is earning hs money right now!

*edit

Well, no sooner do I write that than Fulham goes on a break and scores!

2-1 Fulham final

West Brom had way more shots on goal, were way more aggressive and generally dominated the pitch, but they simply couldn't score.

IMO Fulham got away with the win there.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan