Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I certainly wasn't expecting to overcome the deficit last night, but I was disappointed that we didn't get more chances.

Two keys to the playoffs for any team have always been to stay healthy and not shoot yourself in the foot. We suffered in this series from injuries, and over the last 2 series with red cards. And unfortunately Houston was just too good at home this year for home field advantage to really provide any advantage for their opponents in these playoffs.

In the end I had a blast last night and I'm very proud of the progress this team made over the last 2 seasons. That said, this is absolutely the last year that they get a pass from me. This is a young team which now has a wealth of experience. With guys like DeLeon, Kitchen, Korb, Hamid, and Najar in the starting 11, going forward there are no excuses for not getting a 5th star on that jersey.

Oh, and Pajoy needs to go.

http://www.dcunited.com/news/2012/11/moment-of-the-match-dc-united-vs-houston-dynamo

This is pretty freaking awesome. I don't think RFK has been that electric since the Skins were winning super bowls.

You get some good looks at pretty much our entire tailgate group at the 36 second mark and at the end of the video (actually the screen shot of the video shows all of us too)

Edited by Skinz4Life12

great season with a heart breaking result. Still proud. DCU so much a culture/tradition as we saw especially recently and I think that gets lost on some people. People ask me why I'd want to stand in a crazy group of supporters and get showered by beer for 90mins. What they don't understand is there is nothing I'd rather do than that. People think of DC and all the attractions. For me it's standing in a group of soccer crazy folks chanting/supporting your club and going wild for 90+ mins.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

As fans we obviously have little to do on the field, but I think we did as much as humanly possibly off the field to support the team last night.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/files/2012/11/adcu1112d.jpg

That looks unbelievable. I really am impressed with what the supporter groups did but especially the SE and DU's.

I like that there are two contrasting styles right next to each other, but I almost wish the Barra would have continued with the SE/DU style all the way across. Regardless, it looks fantastic

Yea it is pretty annoying and frankly childish that people can't just get the **** over themselves and work together. We are all there for the same reason.

Funny thing is how many members are members of other groups. I know for a fact I'm at all different tailgates. You 'd think SE and Barra especially would get along. That one guy who tried to steal that flag last night from barra was a real tool. "I'd rather get arrested than give up this flag." Well you got your wish.

As fans we obviously have little to do on the field, but I think we did as much as humanly possibly off the field to support the team last night.....

Don't sell yourself short ren. As fans, we can have a MAJOR influence on what happens on the field.

As you know, my home town team is the most successful club in England, and lags behind only Madrid and Milan on the European stage. And there's no way they'd of achieved all that success over the years, by numerous players and mangers agreement, without the support they've received that both inspired them on to greater heights, and put the fear of God into far too many opponents to mention at one of the most famous stadiums in World football.

A vociferous backing can make all the difference between victory or not. And when fans play their part as you guys undoubtedly did to your credit last night, it can be the extra difference as to what happens on the park 9 times out of 10.

Genuinely sick for you guys. I so desperately wanted you to taste a record 5th title. Hopefully next year.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I'm hearing Snoop dog er lion oh whatever wants to buy Celtic. Why? Because they beat Barcelona and playing some FIFA13. I'm not a Celtic fan though I have alot of respect for them but please I'll buy them first just out of pity.

Snoop the United/ Chelsea/ Madrid/ 'Insert which ever club happens to be touring LA at the time' supporter?

Dudes a complete and utter joke. And why ANYONE would want to invest in an SPL club is beyond me. Your certainly gona' see next to no return on your outlay until the big two get out of Scotland. And that aint' ever happening.

Hail.

Yea it is pretty annoying and frankly childish that people can't just get the **** over themselves and work together. We are all there for the same reason.

so its true that DU/SE asked Barra to join in their TIFO and we declined? Oscar needs to get over that and move on

I thought Barra only had issues with DU's. What's their beef with the SE?

Edited by Skinz4Life12

Female hooligan 'hid flare inside body'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cSINkKuUZx8#!

Police in Russia are searching for a female football hooligan who they say injured a goalkeeper with a firecracker she had hidden inside her vagina.

Dynamo Moscow goalkeeper Anton Shunin was taken to hospital to be treated for damage to his eyes after the firework exploded in his face.

Police say video footage shows it was thrown by a female Zenit St Petersburg fan - and that they have evidence how she smuggled it into the ground.

A police source told journalists that female fans commonly used contraceptives to carry flares into the stands inside their bodies.

*"During the inspection of the stadium after Dynamo's match against Zenit..., the police found dozens of condoms in the ladies' room," the source said.

Click on the link for the full article

so its true that DU/SE asked Barra to join in their TIFO and we declined? Oscar needs to get over that and move on

I thought Barra only had issues with DU's. What's their beef with the SE?

I don't know who was asked/who wanted to participate. Mine was just a general statement that they should all be working together.

Female hooligan 'hid flare inside body'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cSINkKuUZx8#!

Police in Russia are searching for a female football hooligan who they say injured a goalkeeper with a firecracker she had hidden inside her vagina.

Dynamo Moscow goalkeeper Anton Shunin was taken to hospital to be treated for damage to his eyes after the firework exploded in his face.

Police say video footage shows it was thrown by a female Zenit St Petersburg fan - and that they have evidence how she smuggled it into the ground.

A police source told journalists that female fans commonly used contraceptives to carry flares into the stands inside their bodies.

*"During the inspection of the stadium after Dynamo's match against Zenit..., the police found dozens of condoms in the ladies' room," the source said.

Click on the link for the full article

That is disturbing on so many levels.

So during the day today I finally came to grips that the season was indeed finally over. It was almost surreal being at the stadium Sunday and seeing another team lift up a trophy at our home.I was there when Seattle beat DC in the Open Cup Final but this was different. Nothing cuts deeper in sports than seeing another team celebrate eliminating you from the playoffs. This offseason feels different though than in 2007. That year after winning the Supporters Shield and losing early in the playoffs the team decided to make drastic changes during the offseason. They brought an infusion of South American players onto the team for the 2008 season. Needless to say the team crashed and burned pretty bad that year.

The amount of talented and YOUNG core of players this team is astounding and the future looks so bright. I am disappointed in the way Salihi couldn't get on the field along with Boskovic though. Now it's almost a certainty those two are on the outs with the club.

Anyway I could type more but I am so proud of this team and organization. The love that the team show us fans in return, you just can't find anywhere else in the US. From the bottom of my heart, thank you Ben Olsen and everyone on the team for reinvigorating the love and passion that I have for this club. VAMOS ****ING UNITED.

Edited by boysetsfire

Di Matteo out on his ass.

My heart is bleeding. NOT. Dudes become a complete arrogant **** thinking he's a major player after last season when in reality no team has had as much luck over a season in recent memory save for Utd in '99. But at least that was a decent Utd side. Chelsea last year was a distinctly average one, to be kind.

Welcome to the reality of now finding your level Roberto. Jackass.

Here's hoping Benitez get's the gig just to tottaly piss the rent boy ***** off.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I figured Di Matteo would be gone after City beats them down on Sunday. Kind of a shock he is sacked before Hughes tho, altho Hughes has effectively been sacked.

In a sense it is his fault, but in another sense its not. Its his fault because he is a limited manager, altho them beating Barca last year was some good tactics. In another way, its Roman's fault for thinking he can rebuild in one summer. They also have no strikers, so he was already behind the 8ball. Plus Roman wants Pep, so Di Matteo was always a placeholder.

I hope Benitez has respect for himself to not take this job because he would also be a placeholder until Guardiola becomes available, or even Mourinho. Truthfully, I dont know why any big time manager would take that gig outside of the money. Roman dont care and will fire you. Also, if Benitez takes that job, he better sell his house in Liverpool or else it will be ransacked and burgled... well tbf that happens when he goes out for a walk, but still those Lpudlians dont play.

So during the day today I finally came to grips that the season was indeed finally over. It was almost surreal being at the stadium Sunday and seeing another team lift up a trophy at our home.I was there when Seattle beat DC in the Open Cup Final but this was different. Nothing cuts deeper in sports than seeing another team celebrate eliminating you from the playoffs. This offseason feels different though than in 2007. That year after winning the Supporters Shield and losing early in the playoffs the team decided to make drastic changes during the offseason. They brought an infusion of South American players onto the team for the 2008 season. Needless to say the team crashed and burned pretty bad that year.

The amount of talented and YOUNG core of players this team is astounding and the future looks so bright. I am disappointed in the way Salihi couldn't get on the field along with Boskovic though. Now it's almost a certainty those two are on the outs with the club.

Anyway I could type more but I am so proud of this team and organization. The love that the team show us fans in return, you just can't find anywhere else in the US. From the bottom of my heart, thank you Ben Olsen and everyone on the team for reinvigorating the love and passion that I have for this club. VAMOS ****ING UNITED.

i'm with you. i was so pissed and sad when they lit those fireworks on the field after the game and there was orange and white confetti flying everywhere,

i heard we just decided to parts ways with Boskovic, which really really sucks because I thought we had him through next summer. I do hope we decide to keep Salini though. I think he just needs to see more time on the field. I have rewatched the match from Sunday and Salihi had two great chances at scoring that he blew probably because he was so rusty.

like you said, I couldn't be more proud of this team. I will proudly represent my DC United gear throughout the offseason. I told myself before the game that no matter the outcome, I was really happy with the direction of this team and what Benny has been able to do in a few short years. I'm proud of our guys fighting through all the adversity this season and getting as far as they did. I truly believe that 5th star is just on the horizon for us.

March can't come soon enough....Vamos!

Di Matteo out on his ass.

My heart is bleeding. NOT. Dudes become a complete arrogant **** thinking he's a major player after last season when in reality no team has had as much luck over a season in recent memory save for Utd in '99. But at least that was a decent Utd side. Chelsea last year was a distinctly average one, to be kind.

Welcome to the reality of now finding your level Roberto. Jackass.

Here's hoping Benitez get's the gig just to tottaly piss the rent boy ***** off.

Hail.

I think them sacking Di Matteo is questionable - not becuase he is good manager but because they had a great start to the season and have just had a hiccup. However I can see the logic in pulling the trigger early.

I have no idea though why they are apparently bringing in Benitez.

BBC reporting at least 9 'Spurs fans suffered stab wounds, one serious after an attack on the bar they were drinking at in Rome.

But UEFA and that gutless lil' rat Platini will do nothing as it's deemed 'par the course' in Italy. Disgraceful.

All that said, I know full well from experience that you stay WELL clear of Rome when there's a soccer game on. Beautiful City to visit. Just not when you've a game there. Same with Naples. Although that's a complete ****hole without the added aggro football causes there. Had too many bad experiences in Rome, going right back to my first ever European Cup final and being scared ****less at the tender age of 9 with the ferocity of the Roman attacks after the game when we did what no other club at the time could of done and beat Roma in their own back yard to win a 4th European Cup; to the point Lazio fans were out on the streets of Rome that night defending us. A total pre-cursor to events a year later and the tragedy in Belgium against Juventus. There's a lot more to what happened at Heysel that fateful night, but it started a year before in Rome.

One of the injured Tottenham fans is from California FWIW. Here's hoping the seriously stabbed guy recovers.

Disgraceful Platini that you continue to let this **** go down in Italy at the expense of foreign visitors.

Hail.

• 2 weeks later...