Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

That was big time by the US team. Russia brought the A squad that has been tearing up qualifying and the Euros(I believe it's the same). US was missing Dempsey and Donovan. Russia is a very good squad. That said Goodson needs to go. We have much better options.

its not the ame and Russia got knocked out the group stage at Euros.

They havent given up a goal WCQ so far, but its still just a friendly.

Bradley's goal was sick. New Jersey tekkers, lol

Couple of stupendous goals among Zlatan's 4. But it has to be noted the English defending was absolutely woeful all night. (When a limited thug like Ryan Shawcross is making his debut, that tells you all you need to know about the English lack of talent.).

Surprised nobody's mentioned Steven Gerrard becoming only the 6th Englishman to win 100 caps for his Country in the same game. And at 32, and no natural successor to International standard, there's every chance he'll go on to top Shilton's record 125 caps. Or Raheem Sterling becoming England's second youngest cap in making his full debut at the tender age of 17.

Fantastic achievements from all concerned.

Hail.

*Edit* And good luck DCU tomorrow in the biggest game by far Sunday in DC sports. I'll be rooting for you guys FWIW.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Great season. Heartbreaking to have it end after everything we overcame. So still slightly buzzed(friend was driving us up. Had to work the game so couldnt drink). I loved the RVA guy who saw I got a new shot glass and poured something with a rva skull in my glass lol. Now that was a shot lol. So Ive come to conclusion as I jumped along in screaming eagles section that I basically have to find a diehard dcu girl lol. I say this because I love the group and I cant see how anything would work unless she was jumping and chanting too lol. Something to share. I know completely random but it just kinda hit me. I can't imagine not being able to share that with whoever I ended up with. Screaming Eagles/dcu are just too fused into my blood for it not to continue in my (hopefully)eventual future family.

I''m happy to say despite having a little bit to drink yesterday that I stand by comments last night lol. I come from a non soccer family so I'm the oddball. Though I try to convince them to go to some games (I think everyone should go because they'll see how amazing it is). Basically I would never want that chain to die. One day I want to be able to take my son or daughter to a game in the SE section at a beautiful DCU stadium and tell great stories when he or she asks about RFK stadium people talk about at tailgates. If there's two things I'd want to pass on it's the Redskins and DCU. Last night just confirmed it for me. I don't know why after all these years but I just can't imagine going to games hopping and chanting happily while whoever I was with sat at home. I'd want to share the ups and downs with that person as well my kids. Besids until you been to Screaming Eagles buffet/Barra Bara tailgates you haven't eaten real food lol. Anyway enough of this mushy stuff lol.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

i'm still sad....but very proud of this team. 1 blown call (no red card) and one bad half in this series against Houston cost us a shot at hosting the championship :( how amazing would that have been?

atmosphere was amazing last night at RFK....I recorded the game as well and all the fans looked/sounded great on TV

Edited by Skinz4Life12