Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

This penalty shoot out is crazy....on the second go around Liverpool win 14-13..

Penalty Kings. Our record is 12/13- 2 now in shoot-outs including 2 European Cup Finals, 1 FA Cup Final, 2 League Cup Finals and 1 European Cup and FA Cup semi. (All won).

Last night was the first of those shoot-outs I've not witnessed live. I'm gutted.

Could of WELL done without 120 minutes before the Derby. And given the strength of side we put out and changes 'Boro made it was ridiculous it went that far. Self inflicted stupidity again. Not defending a simple set piece. And wtf Sterling thought he was doing on the pass back **** only knows.

But we're in the hat and that's all that counts.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I'm largely indifferent. Would've been nice, but we don't have a big enough squad to play in the LC too. Granted we didn't play many A-teamers but that's still "mileage" on their legs. 

While guys like Bellerin and Hayden and Campbell need minutes to improve, they're also Arsenal's only spare defenders right now. We're already up **** creek, if they go down it gets even worse. 

I'm largely indifferent. Would've been nice, but we don't have a big enough squad to play in the LC too. Granted we didn't play many A-teamers but that's still "mileage" on their legs. 

While guys like Bellerin and Hayden and Campbell need minutes to improve, they're also Arsenal's only spare defenders right now. We're already up **** creek, if they go down it gets even worse. 

The problem is that it was readily apparent that Arsenal badly miss Giroud up front.  They don't have another striker who goes hard for crosses and can deliver in crunch time.  There were several great crosses and guys not attacking them (or even in position to attack them).

The problem is that it was readily apparent that Arsenal badly miss Giroud up front.  They don't have another striker who goes hard for crosses and can deliver in crunch time.  There were several great crosses and guys not attacking them (or even in position to attack them).

The problem is, we don't have a player with the actual physical ability to go up against PL-level defenders to attack a cross in the box right now.

I don't know if Giroud would've played this game though if healthy.

I gave Southampton a hard time because I thought they were just trying to cash in, but it looks like so far they've gotten the right balance.  I do like to see 'smaller' clubs do well and punch above their weight (except Burnley).

Edited by Old Bay

Damn... I was hoping to see Joe Wolf in here today.

He normally has such even-keeled opinions about big clubs losing to smaller clubs.

u mad, bro?

Southampton is second in the premier league, and it was a league cup match.

Dont genuinely care, tbh. Woulda been nice to win, but I dont care too much.

we didnt get embarrassed, so meh.

also, I still do not know why Podolski is still at Arsenal. The man is just not good at anything other than kicking the ball really hard.

we didnt get embarrassed, so meh.

You got beat.

At Home.

By Southampton.

Keep on telling yerself it's only the Lge Cup and you didn't get 'embarrassed.' (2ns in the League. Good line.).

Everyone else will keep laughing at you.

Hail.

You got beat.

At Home.

By Southampton.

Keep on telling yerself it's only the Lge Cup and you didn't get 'embarrassed.' (2ns in the League. Good line.).

Everyone else will keep laughing at you.

Hail.

We didnt get embarrassed. Southampton are a good Premiership side. We didnt get battered 4-0 to MK Dons of League One like United did.

And we havent started off the season with 3 losses in the league like Liverpool. (ftr, I dont even recall making fun of the loss to Villa. I even complimented Villa's play)

No shame in losing to Southampton with a backline of teenagers. It happens. Dont equate this loss to the crap start to the premiership season that Liverpool is currently having.

He's one of those guys. You know the type of buy fans like at the time so we look like we're doing somethng in the transfer market.

the guy is a waste of space. He should have been sold this summer. People point out his strike rate because they dont actually watch matches.

I hope he is sold in January.

u mad, bro?

Southampton is second in the premier league, and it was a league cup match.

We beat Southampton. 

Which if we're as bad as you like to think we are... well how lovely is that?

We didnt get embarrassed. Southampton are a good Premiership side. We didnt get battered 4-0 to MK Dons of League One like United did.

And we havent started off the season with 3 losses in the league like Liverpool. (ftr, I dont even recall making fun of the loss to Villa. I even complimented Villa's play)

No shame in losing to Southampton with a backline of teenagers. It happens. Dont equate this loss to the crap start to the premiership season that Liverpool is currently having.

the guy is a waste of space. He should have been sold this summer. People point out his strike rate because they dont actually watch matches.

I hope he is sold in January.

Nah, Southampton will always have one of the better acadmies/more underrated sides out there.

No shame in losing to them. 

Though I wouldn't want to play them right now without Sturridge.  Apparently we can't score without him. 

We beat Southampton. 

Which if we're as bad as you like to think we are... well how lovely is that?

hang on, did I call Liverpool a bad side or did I say that Liverpool had a bad start to this season? Please re-read my posts. I know Liverpool fans dont like reading things all the way, but I never said Liverpool were a bad side.

Great, you guys beat Southampton... We beat Villa

Keep on telling yerself that Joe.

Arsenal. losing at home. To Southampton.

Enough said.

Hail.

and beat them 0-3 away. Didnt Liverpool lose to them? And lose to them at home?

hang on, did I call Liverpool a bad side or did I say that Liverpool had a bad start to this season? Please re-read my posts. I know Liverpool fans dont like reading things all the way, but I never said Liverpool were a bad side.

Great, you guys beat Southampton... We beat Villa

I read implications, Greenie.

That's how I stay ahead of most. ;)