Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

What a fun night.

Forever and ever, Mexico will know that they made the WC only because of US heroics. 

That's going to burn a hole in the hearts of every Mexico fan forever.

Not just heroics, but reserve heroics. Only 2 starters began, and 0 were on the field when we staged the miracle. 0 starters. Dos a cero indeed.

For all my Liverpoll supporting friends Stateside:

2014/15 US Tour update-

San Francisco, Miamii and Boston (Vs. Roma.). Opposition for the Miami and San Fran games to be confirmed.

No dates as yet, but the WC Final is July 13, so you're looking 2 or 3 weeks after that. And there may well be a European qualifier in the August before the season starts too. Don't be expecting a full strength squad to travel though would be my guess so sonn after the WC. (Probably very depleted.).

I'll update as we go and I hear more.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Why bros? Why???????

I don't want to see that putrid mexican soccer team in Brazil LOL!!!!!

Not even versus New Zeland!!!!

When I saw U.S. 2 - 2 Panama my happiness died  :wacko:

Mexico always shows up at the World Cup. I have no doubt they advance past New Zealand. And it is better for CONCACAF to have two legit teams in the WC than 1. Panama couldn't beat our C side, They don't deserve to advance.

• Like 1

BWsw_0bCEAAy0Uz.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oz1XhaBT45I

"The USA is giving us the requalification. The ones in white yes, the ones in green, no! Let it be clear for the rest of your lives! You do nothing for the shirt, you do not move the keep, you do not put us in the world cup, not you, not you and your arrogance, not you and your infamy, not you and your conformity!"

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/ussoccer/status/390318699317456896

#YoureWelcomeMexico @miseleccionmx

Maybe I'm an old crank, but US Soccer's tweets last night kind of irritated/embarrassed me.  It's like they were being sent out by a high school kid.  Why mock Mexico?  What do we have to gain by it?  I could maybe see if this was MLS or EPL teams, but not international.  It's not like we are going to crush in WC either, so would like to see us keep our mouths shut and just play soccer.

Yes, I know I probably overreacted, but I hate trash talk, expecially by organizations!

Mexico always shows up at the World Cup. I have no doubt they advance past New Zealand. And it is better for CONCACAF to have two legit teams in the WC than 1. Panama couldn't beat our C side, They don't deserve to advance.

Exactly!!!

As much as I hate Mexico when we play them, they consistently do well at the WC and that just helps our region and our coefficients.

Let's face it, the Ticos are very dangerous at home but not nearly the same on the road.  Same for Honduras (though they are getting a little better at it).  Panama may make life tough for Mexico recently, but they wouldn't advance in the WC.  I firmly believe that as long as the draws are decent, the US and Mexico have really good chances of advancing.

Plus, it's great that at every future US-Mexico game, the crowd can chant Dos-A-Cero AND You Are Welcome.  Sweet.

If Panama had made it to the WC and not performed, there would have been plenty of pressure on FIFA to take a CONCAF spot and make it available to an African or European team. As it is, the first round of the WC is a little like the NBA regular season for the better teams, dependent on the draw, of course. For 2016 it's likely that Portugal, Netherlands and England will not be seeded, giving the potential for some interesting "groups of death" in the first round.

African and Asian teams bomb out every year at the WC and they dont lose spots.  I dont buy that argument at all.  What I DO believe though is that Fifa will change the way our confederation is rated when determining rankins, which ultimately determine seeds.

Example-  Right now, if the US beats Mexico in a WCQ, it counts less than an England win over San Marino because CONCACAF wins are counted at 88 percent, while UEFA wins count the full 100%.  Fifa changes that percentage every year.  This could help us get a seed in 2016.

Speaking of which, as long as Uruguay beats Jordan, they will get a seed.  Along with Colombia, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Spain, Belgium and SWITZERLAND.

So England, Italy, NEtherlands will all be in the 2nd "non seeded" Euro pot for the WC draw.  It will also leave an extra Euro team that will need to go into another pot.  No idea how Fifa will handle that. But I would guess they would place them in the pot with Chile and Ecuador and the 5 qualifying African sides.

What that means for the US?  We will almost certainly be in the same pot with Asia.  So we will draw 1 of the seeded teams, one of the non seeded Euros and either and African side or Chile/Ecuador.

So we could see something as frightening as

USA

Netherlands

Spain

Ghana

Or

USA

Italy

Argentina

Ivory Coast

Or we could end up with this cupcake

USA

Switzerland

Romania

Burkina Faso

The draw is Dec 6th.

The problem is the group, they play trash, they're divas high paid, they don't care about the game no more, they only care about magazines, drugs, women, Ferraris and expensive clothes; since Chepo de la Torre arrived to this selection the opera soup began.

I don't like the idea of Mexico going to Brasil, this team needs to plant their feet on the ground, they feel like soccer gods and they're pure garbage, the media have a % in this, and Chepo, oh boy, what an arrogant piece of *****, he sank this team months ago until the federation kick his butt.

The best thing can happen is not going to Brasil.

*****. Two dropped points against a ***** team playing with 10 men for 50 minutes or so. 

That's why we won't still be up there past Christmas. 

Hail. 

Even though Moses was involved in the goal, I think Sterling needed to replace him instead of Johnson... and about ten minutes ahead of when it happened.

That was a near perfect defensive effort from New Castle, though.  That won't happen again.  They were in a zone.

Had to win that one. They woke up far too late.

Yep.  And Arsenal got fat on another 3 goals in difference and +2 points...

• Like 1