Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN: Haynesworth Looking Forward To Role

Oldskool

By Ryan O’Halloran

Staff writer

CSNwashington.com

Months of complaining about his potential role in the Redskins’ 3-4 defense has been replaced by a whole new outlook for defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth.

Following the Redskins’ 42-17 win over Buffalo Friday night, Haynesworth took questions for the first time since passing his conditioning test last week.

“It’s going to be a good defense,” he said. “They’ll allow me to pass rush and everything like that, which is very important to me. … What I was told earlier is completely different than what we’re doing now. Getting with [defensive coordinator Jim] Haslett these last few weeks, it’s really cleared up a lot of stuff.”

Once Haynesworth reported for training camp, he realized that once he moves up to the first team, he’ll play both nose tackle and defensive end.

Haynesworth entered the game with 8:10 remaining in the first half. He played nose tackle and end, and did not post a tackle in limited action.

For the rest of the article, see http://www.csnwashington.com/08/14/10/Haynesworth-Looking-Forward-To-Role/landing.html?blockID=290232&feedID=272

Who cares now, everyone is happy. I've heard Shanny holds a grudge, hopefully its not detrimental to the defense yet doesn't let Al completely off the hook.
Al is paying the price by humbly playing on the 2nd team, he will work his way up and all this needs to be put behind us for good. No grudges or hard feelings needs kept by anyone.

Haynesworth's biggest problem has always been his emotional maturity.

Physically, the guy can be dominant when in the mood to focus and perform.

I remember seeing him in a game for TN against the Jaguars where the JAX guards were flagrantly going after his knees and he turned in a great performance.

The trick is to get him 'angry' on game day :D

I still prefer the 4-3. Our linebackers were getting abused in coverage and our run defense looked very suspect---hard to tell if that's due to the personnel or coaching yet.

I'm not too worried about the 3-4 it was only the first game of the new scheme and while it wasn't perfect, it actually looked better than I was expecting for the first pre-season game. Hopefully the rough edges of the D are worked on and they fix up the Run D for next week

Archived