Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do I hate the Cowboys...

Woofer

1) Too ****y, even when they are losing.

2) Dirty Tricks I: dragging our QB around by the scruff of the neck.

3) Calling themselves "America's Team". HAH

4) Brian Barker's nose injury was an accident. Yea, right. And my grandmother played full back for the Maroons.

5) Too much criminal activity, on and off the field.

6) Dirty Tricks II: Giving our QB an extra shove towards the bench when he was sliding out of bounds.

7) Signing Parcells. (I respect him as a winning coach, but I don't like him, and would not want him as our coach.

8) Sticking us with Deion Sanders. (I had half a notion to spell his name wrong, but that would be too easy.)

9) Jerry Jones.

10)

Anybody else?

Personally I think the better question is... why NOT? (hate the cowboys)

But I like your spirit, may I add.

you forgot Barry Switzer perhaps at number ten.

3) "America's Team" was the Detroit Lions title during their hey day in the 50s. It is completely documented. So not only was 1000% completed ripped off. But worse of all it is completely "self-annointed".

Rooney of the Steelers was asked if Pittsburgh was America's Team in their hey day in the 70s when they had won twice as many superbowls as anyone else. He said, in effect - the media loves that sort of thing, but we think it's absurd.

Mr Rooney, thank you. I think everyone does.

My orginal idea to was to have a "funny but true" type of top 10 list, but I could not find that many "funny" but true things.

I think the cowboys team is just rotten.

Back when Tom Landry was the coach, I loved hating the cowboys for the fun of the rivalry, but now...

:dallasuck

The main reason why I hate the Cowboys is the obvious, they are our arch rival! :redpunch:

The 1979 Week 16 Game at Texas Stadium was the single game that got me to hate the Cowboys! :finger:

Another reason is when ever they are good it seems like everyone wears Cowboy Jerseys, Hats, Shirts and Jackets and claims to be a fan.

My time at Central Missouri State in Warrensburg, Missouri added fule to this hatred. I was there from 1992 - 95 and during that time Dallas won back-2-back Super Bowls! :shoothead

Everyone was becoming a Cowboy Fan, and these new Cowboy fans could not understand why me, a Redskin Fan Hated the Cowboys so much! And football fan should know why a Redskin Fan hates the Cowboys. :doh1:

:bsflag:

There was actually a time during the mid-90s that I had a rooting interest in the 49ers because they were the only team that could beat the Cowboys. I fugured they were the lesser of two evils! :evil:

I HATE THE COWBOYS, I HATE THEM, I HATE THEM, I HATE THEM!!!!! :cuss:

I become a beast during the Redskins / Cowboys Game!

When I was in my sophomore year of highschool I took a biology class and the most beatiful girl in the whole freshman class took it as well. She saw my Redskins shirt and came up to me and say, "I used to be a Redskins fan but now I am.....*I look to her desk and see a Cowboys parka jacket* a cowboys fan, I think I still have a redskins jacket in the back of my closet"

I already hated the cowboys at that point, but that added to my RAGE.

Ha-ha. I use to play legos at my grandfather's feet while he and my dad would banter about the Redskins. So I always hated Dallas just because I was raised properly.

But long ago, in high school. It was Dallas week and this one Texas girl went on about "Redskins consider the Cowboys their rival, but Cowboys don't consider the Redskins their rival. The Cowboys don't even care about the Redskins... the Redkskins only care about us....blah,,,blah,,,blah,,," one-way rivalry BS, right.

Of course not only did we demolish the cowboys, but that was the game when the Cowboys threw numersous temper tantrums in the game, players got thrown out, penalties, the works. Dorsett spiked the ball off Grants? helmet. They tried to break up the fun-bunch etc. Total bedlam. That Texas girl ate crow for over a month

Originally posted by Caretaker

1) Too ****y, even when they are losing.

2) Dirty Tricks I: dragging our QB around by the scruff of the neck.

3) Calling themselves "America's Team". HAH

4) Brian Barker's nose injury was an accident. Yea, right. And my grandmother played full back for the Maroons.

5) Too much criminal activity, on and off the field.

6) Dirty Tricks II: Giving our QB an extra shove towards the bench when he was sliding out of bounds.

7) Signing Parcells. (I respect him as a winning coach, but I don't like him, and would not want him as our coach.

8) Sticking us with Deion Sanders. (I had half a notion to spell his name wrong, but that would be too easy.)

9) Jerry Jones.

10)

Anybody else?

Come sit at the feet of the Master, Grasshopper. There is no need for reasons to hate them. Just look deep inside yourself and know that you do. When you are ready, you will know.

I don't usually like to generalize, but everything they say about their fans is true.

Pull up to 7-11 at 3 A.M. and you'll see at least two respective hicks wearing Cowboys starter jackets and Adidas "Pumps" circa 1991 holding open bottles of Budweiser as they get into their '83 Toyota Tundra.

I'm bloody serious. 98% of 'Pokes fans I've come across are either rednecks or bandwagoners.

Originally posted by NoCalMike

"Caretaker" you aren't the Caretaker that runs "Houseofhorrors.com" are you?

No, that is not me.

"Caretaker" has been my "handle" since the early days of the CB craze back in the 70's. He/She must be another wannabe.

:)

Originally posted by TC4

10) Cowboy fans as a WHOLE have the combine football knowledge of a SINGLE house plant

:laugh: :silly:

:rotflmao: Are you saying that we have knowledge about the Scouting combine? Well thank you! That was very kind of you.

Oh. Wait. You were trying to say we have the CombinED knowledge of a single house plant. Heh. That was very clever.

Little advise, though. When you are trying to attack somebodys intelligence, you really should spell things right. And proper punctuation is a must.

Originally posted by Kornheiser

Good one on the typos. Glad to see your putting the GED to good use.

Come on, Kornheiser. Is that the best you can do?

Besides isn't a typo when a key is acciFentally hit? Not when TWO letters are left off the end of a word?

GED......WOW! That was great! You are really on a roll. I'm serious when I say, you should get paid for this stuff. The world can always use another bright, new comedian. You sir, are good!

Originally posted by flashback

Why does RedskinFan hate the Cowboys?

Maybe because they kick your ass 90% of the time?

Ya think?

:laugh: Yeah right. The streak is over my friend. Patrick Ramsey is undefeated starting against the Dallas Cowboys.

Archived