Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas CBs last night: man, they got torched

goldenster95

Lotsa Dallas fans are saying that the DBs got victimized due to a lack of a pass rush . . . perhaps . . . but they should've done a better job than that despite the soft pressure on Maddox . . .

Here's a 'Skins fan's take (on another board) re the Milk Squad's DBs vs. Pitt . . .

Newman, Edwards and Ross got used like a playtoys last night. They must have been distracted because Pittsburgh is so close to Canton.

Dallas is going to have problems on the corners because they have such raw guys. Ross is being worked on with his technique and will struggle until it becomes second nature. Newman is a rookie and will get toasted. Given that Dallas also has among the weakest defensive fronts at generating a pass rush in the league, there will be some big-play opportunities against them.

It'll take until at least next year before their corners are actually experienced enough with their talent to be able to overcome a lack of pass rush.

I know the Steelers have great WR's but a lot of it looked like the Dallas CB's sucking. On one simple 10 yard curl Newman ran 10 yards down the field past Hines Ward thinking he had him covered deep, it took him a couple seconds to realize that Ward had cut back and already caught the pass.

Has Dallas changed their defense? I know that Campo, who's of course now gone, was a defensive coach, so I'm figuring yes. But that's a thought too.

Dallas will be a team that plays better late in the year than they do early on. That may not amount to much, but I could see them starting the way we did a couple of years ago.

Originally posted by gridironmike

What do we have, chopped liver? This is our man's forte'.

I'd say we have great potential, but none of it's been realized, as of yet. And it even remains to be seen how much of it will be realized. Here's hoping hell loads.

"Potential is mankinds greatest burden" - some dead guy?

Woodson is dirty as sh!t. He almost killed Darrell Jackson last year. He leads with his head on almost every hit, but for some reason the league is very lenient on him. He was only suspended a game for that Jackson hit. The guy had a friggen seizure in the locker room after the game for God's sake.

Tags ran Mark Carrier out of the league for his hits. Suspended him 4 games while he was playing with us for hitting Wesley Walls in the shoulder pads. He needs to do something, because its clear that Woodson is going to continue to do this.

2 years ago at the sportsbar some Cowboys fan tried to say Lavar was dirty(probably cause he ended their hero's career). And just about every Skins fan stood up ready like they were about to start swinging on him. I was shocked. Darren "Dirty" Woodson should NO DOUBT, be fined for that hit. I am not sure if the officials were just not looking or what, but you could tell by the sound that it was helmit to helmit.

Not only will Woodson get fined, if the NFL is really interested in fairly enforcing it's mandated no helmet to helmet (crown) contact rule, but he should get suspended too. He's been fined and officially warned before for this type of infraction although I'm unsure as to how many times.

actually, the hit on jackson last year was not helmet to helmet, just a really hard hit that rocked his world. though woodson got fined for it, many including people on this board thought the hit was clean. last night's hit was also not helmet to helmet but hard hit with his shoulder pads, catching the WR at perfect time for the hit and giving him a concussion. if it makes you fell better to call him dirty, then by all means do...feel better. we all know that lavar is a dirty late hitter...:)

I'm not getting into the Woodson debate - the league will handle it.

But while the Steelers do have some fine WRs, I saw Chris Doerring work Ross pretty well.

And I sort of enjoyed watching Bettis' pancake block of big, bad Laroi Glover.

And there was another bad outing for Larry Allen.

This doesn't appear to be setting up a stellar year for the Cowboys.

Originally posted by shawn

actually, the hit on jackson last year was not helmet to helmet, just a really hard hit that rocked his world. though woodson got fined for it, many including people on this board thought the hit was clean. last night's hit was also not helmet to helmet but hard hit with his shoulder pads, catching the WR at perfect time for the hit and giving him a concussion. if it makes you fell better to call him dirty, then by all means do...feel better. we all know that lavar is a dirty late hitter...:)

Troy Aikman said it was clearly helmet to helmet.

Archived