Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

09 Highlight Film on ESPN2 tonight...

LaVar=BEAST

First off, thanks to the OP for the heads up yesterday.

While I'm not as big a fan of NFL Films produced stuff as I once was, I still do like to collect these highlight films. I missed last year's film and I'm debating as to whether or not to spend 50 bucks in order to get the 08 Film from NFL Films.

So with the heads up yesterday I scheduled to record this thing on ESPN 2. I wake up around 2 this morning and since I was unable to go back to sleep I decided to watch the Film and low and behold there was some film on the Lions/Packers game from 93. I quickly realized that ESPN is yet again running a freaking marathon on The Choking Drama Queen due to this latest "retirement".

It really is a farce. The fans don't care about this guy. This guy is facinating to the sports media alone.

i can only imagine how nuts i wouldve went if i had been alive to see riggins 4th and 1 run in the superbowl

It was a thing of beauty! My new wife at the time thought I was absolutely crazy, because I went totally ape****. She's not a football fan.

i can only imagine how nuts i wouldve went if i had been alive to see riggins 4th and 1 run in the superbowl

Dude, you have NO idea. I was just a kid, but that whole season was like a Christmas that just wouldn't end.

Even better was beating the Cowboys for the NFC Championship game. Memories and feelings I would never trade. I remember how unbelievably great that week in school was ... so many Dallas fans to taunt and humiliate. I mean, we made their QB cry, for crying out loud. It doesn't get much better than that.

That's why I feel really sorry for you younger guys who only know the Redskins as a barely mediocre team, often a lot worse than that.

Hopefully we'll all have some new GREAT memories soon.

I watched the America's Game show last night as well. That season was something special. I was at the NFC Championship game against Dallas. My dad and I went down on the field after the game. Definitely by far and away my favorite sports memory(yes ahead of the Super Bowls) Awesome to hear that Theismann felt the same way.

Doc Walker said in the America's Game special that the Super Bowl "paled in comparison" to the NFC Title game against Dallas.

It makes sense because the Super Bowl is held in a warm, neutral, almost sterilized environment. The NFC Championship Game was held at RFK, in the middle of January. From what I understand, RFK had a way of holding in noise. When it was loud, it was LOUD; and to have thousands of people unified in one concentrated place, playing their most hated rival, it's gonna be amazing.

Archived