Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE & Ryan O'Halloran tweet - Ravens QB Beck traded to Redskins

c4man5282

I'm not going to try and read a lot in to this,but if the Redskins in fact "feel the need" to bring in yet another QB at this stage of the game,then everyone besides Donovan is at jeopardy. Than and reports of so and so doing good and so and so doing bad are pretty much worthless,(which to an extent they are anyway).

I'm not going to try and read a lot in to this,but if the Redskins in fact "feel the need" to bring in yet another QB at this stage of the game,then everyone besides Donovan is at jeopardy. Than and reports of so and so doing good and so and so doing bad are pretty much worthless,(which to an extent they are anyway).

Yeah. I'd say Grossman is probably going to be okay due to the relationship with Kyle Shanahan, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see the Shanahan's getting rid of him if he isn't getting the job done.

Do I think Grossman is in trouble? Not at all. But I wouldn't be surprised if he were cut, either.

Yeah, we should be used to these moves by now.

With one offseason of good moves? No we shouldn't. We've endured years of Vinny screwing stuff up. It's still always a pleasant surprise when we make a good move :ols:

Yeah. I'd say Grossman is probably going to be okay due to the relationship with Kyle Shanahan, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see the Shanahan's getting rid of him if he isn't getting the job done.

Do I think Grossman is in trouble? Not at all. But I wouldn't be surprised if he were cut, either.

Pretty much. And if Beck doesn't come in and beat Grossman or anyone else out for a spot,the team can cut him without really losing anything I believe. Probably just want to get a look at someone else out there,but it could still mean that the other guys aren't performing as well as reports have said to date,(go figure).

Given this guy is almost 30, my guess is Shanastyhand sees the third string QB of the future in him.

Grossman et al fight for spot #2

He may have went in the 2007 draft, but dude was like 26-27 in 2k7

Yeah, he'll be 29 on August 21. Surprising. He was a true freshman at BYU at age 22 after serving a missionary tour for the Mormon Church in Portugal.

IMO, Grossman should be the one on the hot seat; why he was brought here in the first place is a mystery to me, he's a fumbling, intercepting machine, maybe some have forgotten his skills on the field, having 1 good game and 4 bad ones.

He also knows Kyle's system

IMO, Grossman should be the one on the hot seat; why he was brought here in the first place is a mystery to me, he's a fumbling, intercepting machine, maybe some have forgotten his skills on the field, having 1 good game and 4 bad ones.

Keep Brennan, so they do not have to change the name to

"the Cut of Colt"...:silly:

This logic doesn't make sense to me, man. Simply because Colt has been here for years doesn't mean he's any better than Grossman. You forget that he was almost cut last year but was placed on the DL instead.

Colt hasn't done anything to warrant people believing he's better than Grossman. If he outperforms him, then great... Keep him. But he hasn't proven anything in a game situation. And while some will argue that the Bears got to the Super Bowl in spite of Grossman (I'd agree) at least he's been there and had bright spots in game.

I'm not a Grossman fan, but believing that Brennan is better than him at this point is a little goofy. He may be, but we don't know that... And anytime you have a vet who started for a few years versus a guy who hasn't proven anything... The vet generally gets the nod. Especially when the vet knows the system.

Wow. Bruce Allen made a great trade there. Even if Beck doesn't make the team, he's got a better shot than Dutch and will provide more competition at his position than Dutch did.

Great move.

What's nice to see (for a change) is that we're trading to teams who have a need instead of always being on the "buyer" side of those transactions.

We just improved our QB depth because an opportunity popped up where another team had a need. That's not something that happened all that often in the past.

Sounds like it was two players who weren't going to make their team's roster anyway. The Ravens brought in Bulger, so Beck was expendible. Dutch would have, at best, made our practice squad.

So we're not committed to Beck. He's additional competition at this point. If he doesn't make the team, we haven't lost anything.

Archived