Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

redskins license plate

Romo

If this has been posted before please disregard. My friend told me about this and im not sure if it were true so i wanted to see if anyone else had heard about this.<br /><br />Supposedly this guy in the US, perhaps Washington DC area, has "1REDSKIN" for a license plate and the govt is trying to force him to get rid of the plate because it is culturally insenstive. <br /><br />If this is bull**** i apologize. It sounds crazy but ive heard of crazier things.

Guest fuji869

From what I heard it was former Redskin RB Dale Atkenson who lives now in California. He got "1REDSKIN" for his car and someone saw it complained and the California DOT asked Dale to remove the plates from his car.<br /><br />I know it is a bunch of BS.<br /> <br /> [ January 19, 2002: Message edited by: fuji869 ]

Guest fuji869

Ooop drop the "n". It is Dale Atkeson - B 1954-1956.<br /><br />I got if from the 1991 Press Guide.<br /> <br /> [ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: fuji869 ]

Guest HarrySkin

In Virginia, the Department of Motor Vehicles will not create Redskins Vanity plates because of the derogatory controversy surrounding the Name Redskins.

thanks for the replies. i wasnt sure if my friend knew what he was talking about but i cant say im surprised that this sort of thing is happening. I mean if we wanted to be totally poltically correct we could argue names like the Yankees, Canucks, cowboys, giants, braves, chiefs among just a few that could be offensive to someone. Hell almost anything anyone says could be deemed offensive by someone else. my theory get over it.

Guest fuji869

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> I mean if we wanted to be totally poltically correct we could argue names like the Yankees, Canucks, cowboys, giants, braves, chiefs among just a few that could be offensive to someone. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am also a hockey fan and I don't see a movement among Canadians to change the name of the Vancouver Canucks. There was a time when “Canucks” was considered a slang term, sometimes offensive, for Canadians.

Archived